• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny PS4 pre-load available now

SJRB

Gold Member
Dutch PSN store: € 69,95 [$ 90,59]
US PSN store: $ 59,95

Euro PSN strikes again. Thank god for cross-region digital purchases. Just started pre-loading. I'm hyped!

robo

Hmm will the pre order bonus carry over aswell?

Q. Will my Guardians, progress, stats, and gear carry over when I download and play the next-gen version?

Yes. Whether you participate in this program or not, your Guardians, progress, stats, and gear are shared within a console family (PlayStation®3<->PlayStation®4 or Xbox 360<->Xbox One) and will be waiting for you when you transition to next-gen.

Assuming the pre-order bobus's count as gear then I would say yes.

jett

D-Member
aw yea, p.s. triple version is downloading.

I don't have see the expansion pass stuff in my download list, but I do see Destiny Digital Guardian Edition pre-order in my services list... Eh. I better not get fucked on this. Expansion Pass doesn't show up as free on the SEN website.

th4tguy

I don't have see the expansion pass stuff in my download list, but I do see Destiny Digital Guardian Edition pre-order in my services list... Eh. I better not get fucked on this. Expansion Pass doesn't show up as free on the SEN website.

Will you be taking advantage of the free upgrade to ps4?

NoTacos

Dutch PSN store: € 69,95 [$ 90,59]
US PSN store: $ 59,95

Euro PSN strikes again. Thank god for cross-region digital purchases. Just started pre-loading. I'm hyped!
1364303142_reaction_to_price.gif

So you just delete the game and redownload it on the US account and it's ok?

Let's say it's been released in he US.
If we preload the game now, log in to the us account and unlock it, when we switch to the Japanese one, it will still be blocked for 2 more days.
BUT if we download the full game after it's properly released, it won't be treated as a preorder waiting to unlock and we'll be able to play it on any account?

sorry for the late reply, felt asleep yesterday. just in case nobody answered you guys this is what i did.

when i saw that the counter changed release time and added like 2-3 days more instead of the USA one (this happened when i began using my main account btw, maybe that is related somehow), i waited for the USA release maybe it was gonna fix or so i thought but no luck.

so i deleted the game, went to the store(US) and since it is already released on the USA there wont be timers just the download option so i did that. downloaded the game and i was able to play it in my main account without problems and not waiting for the unlock in my timezone.

right now, im testing to see if my suspicion about using my main account will mess up the US timer and im avoiding logging in on it and keep using the USA account for my netlfix/amazon video fix instead .

hope that helps!

PS: when the timer changed and added the extra days and hours to my PVZ release, it did for both accounts not just my main own.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
sorry for the late reply, felt asleep yesterday. just in case nobody answered you guys this is what i did.

when i saw that the counter changed release time and added like 2-3 days more instead of the USA one (this happened when i began using my main account btw, maybe that is related somehow), i waited for the USA release maybe it was gonna fix or so i thought but no luck.

so i deleted the game, went to the store(US) and since it is already released on the USA there wont be timers just the download option so i did that. downloaded the game and i was able to play it in my main account without problems and not waiting for the unlock in my timezone.

right now, im testing to see if my suspicion about using my main account will mess up the US timer and im avoiding logging in on it and keep using the USA account for my netlfix/amazon video fix instead .

hope that helps!

PS: when the timer changed and added the extra days and hours to my PVZ release, it did for both accounts not just my main own.
Thanks for the long answer! It seems that the timer thing happened with Diablo 3, but in that case the game unlocked at midnight PST anyway and everyone was able to play without redownloading. So maybe it depends on the game or something.
I've set the US account to auto login and will check if I can play when it activates in the US. If not, tough luck, will download the game again.

Edit:
That PS is the most interesting part, since in case of Destiny/Diablo 3 it switches back and forth depending on the account.

Thanks for the long answer! It seems that the timer thing happened with Diablo 3, but in that case the game unlocked at midnight PST anyway and everyone was able to play without redownloading. So maybe it depends on the game or something.
I've set the US account to auto login and will check if I can play when it activates in the US. If not, tough luck, will download the game again.

Edit:
That PS is the most interesting part, since in case of Destiny/Diablo 3 it switches back and forth depending on the account.

ah but thats the funny thing i omitted in my reply, i bought both D3 and PVZ. the timers for both were different, D3 was with 3 extra days instead of the release day and PVZ was on time with the US release.

one day before release i dont know what happened but i see that D3 switched its timer with PVZ and actually D3 unlocked the very same day like every body else in the US and PVZ was gonna release late(like 3 extra days) so i deleted and re-downloaded.

edit:

Wow, that sounds more like a bug than a feature then...

yeah, thats what i think. i didnt have this problem with sniper even if i did use my main account.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
ah but thats the funny thing i omitted in my reply, i bought both D3 and PVZ. the timers for both were different, D3 was with 3 extra days instead of the release day and PVZ was on time with the US release.

one day before release i dont know what happened but i see that D3 switched its timer with PVZ and actually D3 unlocked the very same day like every body else in the US and PVZ was gonna release late(like 3 extra days) so i deleted and re-downloaded.
Wow, that sounds more like a bug than a feature then...

t hicks

Banned
I've run into a curious little problem.

I've pre-ordered the digital guardian edition but the add-ons related to that edition seem to be missing.
I know people got an error trying to download the vanguard armory but for me that doesn't even show up.
The related items tab on the destiny icon is empty, no vanguard armory and no expansion pass.

Anyone else run into something similar?

I just upgraded my pre-order to the guardian edition and I'm having the same problem. :(
I really hope this gets sorted out before launch.

I'm at gamestop about to buy some psn cards. Does anyone know if psn store charges tax on downloads?
Depends on the state you live in.
Edit: just realized the time of the post. So much for a quick answer! Lol

Anyway, I preloaded in about an hour and change. The wait is killing me, but Minecraft is helping a lot.

th4tguy

I just upgraded my pre-order to the guardian edition and I'm having the same problem. :(
I really hope this gets sorted out before launch.

I've noticed that when I try to launch the game it shows a picture of the Guardian edition (what I payed for) so I am positive that the content that goes with that will unlock successfully at launch.

Hiko

Banned
Ah damn, I actually have to order the game straight from Sony to preload. Amazon won't give out the download code until release day.

XxCGSxX

I'm worried about the Vanguard Bonus, still no preorder bonus anywhere on the store for me to download. Again, it seems that the Digital Guardian Edition preorders got the bonus but digital regular edition didn't, sent tweets to bungie and askplaystation but no response :/

I'm worried about the Vanguard Bonus, still no preorder bonus anywhere on the store for me to download. Again, it seems that the Digital Guardian Edition preorders got the bonus but digital regular edition didn't, sent tweets to bungie and askplaystation but no response :/

Just wait until the game actually releases, if nothing happens then, be worried.

CharlesToThe

Neo Member
I can answer the later.

If you pre-order the digital ps3 version you won't be able to preload the ps4 version.
I guess it has to unlock/you have to play it or something before being able to download the ps4 version.
I hope you don't have to play it cause my ps3 is full and I really don't want to download it on that right now and just have it on my account for later and download the ps4 version on launch day.

HT UK

ibkK2UjYsGcAO9.gif

I hope you don't have to play it cause my ps3 is full and I really don't want to download it on that right now and just have it on my account for later and download the ps4 version on launch day.

I got the Digital guardian edition on the ps3.

Dusted and cleaned the ps3. Haven't downloaded the game (data cap, saving bandwidth for the ps4 version). I'll wait till 9/9 to see if I need to play the game to upgrade to the ps4 version.

NoTacos

Almost done preloading now. Took about 4 hours via wifi, but I took a nap so the wait wasn't that bad. Only 2 gigs to go.

TheGrue

Almost done preloading now. Took about 4 hours via wifi, but I took a nap so the wait wasn't that bad. Only 2 gigs to go.

Why are you sitting there watching it preload? It just works on its own and you can go about your day...it's kind of the point.

NoTacos

Why are you sitting there watching it preload? It just works on its own and you can go about your day...it's kind of the point.

I'm on vacation, I started the download, put it on standby, and took a nap. It's excessively hot today so staying indoors is in my best interest.

DOWN

Banned
I watch my downloads. It's like my involuntary need to watch chocolate chip cookies bake. So slow but just can't put my attention on anything but the majestic idea before my eyes.

SdMPcQl.gif

Anyone get a VPN to unlock the game early like how some GAFers do it for Steam games?

I already know the answer is no but I could dream right? lol :(

jblank83

I watch my downloads. It's like my involuntary need to watch chocolate chip cookies bake. So slow but just can't put my attention on anything but the majestic idea before my eyes.

I'd love to see your Minecraft brick by brick recreation of Westeros.

th4tguy

Damn so even if the servers go on early digital owners need to wait qq

This is highly disappointing. I understand having to wait till the 9th to play, but having to wait for midnight PST is killing me. Wish they would just do rolling starts based on timezones.

FHIZ

Anyone get a VPN to unlock the game early like how some GAFers do it for Steam games?

I already know the answer is no but I could dream right? lol :(

The preloads seem to have their own internal clock that isn't dependent on geographic location or an internet connection, so I doubt anything like that would be possible. I found this out when I had pre-loaded Rogue Legacy, but at the time of unlock, I was in an area where I couldn't connect my PS4 to the internet. Game still unlocked with no issue though.

gatti-man

This is highly disappointing. I understand having to wait till the 9th to play, but having to wait for midnight PST is killing me. Wish they would just do rolling starts based on timezones.

It's killing their digital adoption too. A simple fix would make bungie money for nothing assuming their cut is larger on a digital purchase.

The only reason I'm physical is because I'm not waiting for pst.

I tried starting a Twitter campaign, but so far it hasn't gained any momentum. It just doesn't effect enough people here since most are enthusiasts buying physical copies, in different parts of the world, have to work the next day and really won't have a chance to play until the afternoon of the 9th, are willing to set an alarm for 3am.

#12EDTOrRiot

calder

Unlike Steam, Sony can't piss off retailers with 12et unlocks for all North America. Why would ppl stand in line at a Gamestop on the west coast if they could play 3 hours early? The retailers sure as hell couldn't open their doors at 9pm the day before launch so you know they would complain.

I hope one day they figure out a way to do rolling timezones though, that seems more likely.

gatti-man

I tried starting a Twitter campaign, but so far it hasn't gained any momentum. It just doesn't effect enough people here since most are enthusiasts buying physical copies, in different parts of the world, have to work the next day and really won't have a chance to play until the afternoon of the 9th, are willing to set an alarm for 3am.

#12EDTOrRiot
I think part of the problem is we don't know who to blame. Bungie says it's sony and that can't be 100% true as I'm sure it's in a contract somewhere with bungie or Activision and Sony as to when it goes live at 12 pst as opposed to as it should via timezone.

To think Sony can't conjure a way to roll out digital game releases via rolling timezones is insane.

What's more frustrating is that they put out their pre-load feature as a way to get into the game as soon as midnight strikes, yet here we are.

Grade-A bullshit.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Having to wait till 3AM EST really doesn't bother me...if the game released on a Friday I would be pissed but middle of the work week I shouldn't be up that late anyway.

Dragon

Banned
To think Sony can't conjure a way to roll out digital game releases via rolling timezones is insane.

What's more frustrating is that they put out their pre-load feature as a way to get into the game as soon as midnight strikes, yet here we are.

Grade-A bullshit.

Your two points are pretty much the same, midnight strikes the West Coast, at 3 AM East Coast time, etc. I'm not saying it isn't bullshit, but just saying :).

I think part of the problem is we don't know who to blame. Bungie says it's sony and that can't be 100% true as I'm sure it's in a contract somewhere with bungie or Activision and Sony as to when it goes live at 12 pst as opposed to as it should via timezone.

Sony and MS just want to roll out the region, and not do the leg work needed for a roll out based on time zone. Not Bungie's problem, and most likely not Activion's problem either. I know ads have no problem knowing what singles are looking for love in my town, so I don't know why Sony can't use my ip location to find out my timezone.

I think the publisher sets it since certain games have different unlock times.

First, why would the publisher want to give people reasons to abandon the digital versions since they stand to profit the most by getting people to have a version that can't be resold. Second, why would they use a contract to explicitly give retailers a 3 hour head start in an almost malicious fashion? The only thing they might have done is told Sony that they can't roll out a whole region based on the early time zone.

Top Bottom