• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS OMG THIS IS A MINDFUCK PICTURE!!!!
When you look at the side it looks like the stick is outside, and when you look when the black box is on top it looks like the sticks are inside!!
Think there is something wrong in my brain lol.
Omg can't sleep now xd

Lol now I can't unsee this

?oe?oe

He should have recreated the horse riding patent.

300x.jpg

There's another thing about this. The guy who posted this on reddit is incredibly transparent about himself being a developer for the system. If this were a real devkit controller for the NX, wouldn't he know the ramifications of leaking both the existence of it AND MAKING HIMSELF KNOWN.

Looks incredibly fake, like someone just looked at the patents and tried to copy it, not realizing patent drawings aren't suppose to be 1:1 in terms of accuracy and are just suppose to be representations

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If real this will flop worse than Wii u

Quote this when NX is the second coming of the Wii

Come on. This is beyond ridiculous. You're looking at a controller, knowing nothing about the system itself or the games to be released.

So controller also works as the handheld, neat.

I imagine like the article says the physical buttons are probably there for dev, will be removed later on.

Boogdud

I really hope they aren't considering haptic buttons like this (hopefully fake) controller has, if so, I'm out before I had a chance to be in.

Aselith

Looks a lot like the patent, but it has the ring of truth to it- that screen's not something you can easily mock up.

I'd be surprised if the consumer product looked like this, but as a dev thing? Yeah, I can see it.

I literally can't think of anything that's easier to fake than a static picture superimposed over a controller base.

Inviusx

My hands get cramped after holding a VITA for an hour or so, this thing would be a fucking nightmare. My fingers are hurting just looking at it.

Schnozberry

There's another thing about this. The guy who posted this on reddit is incredibly transparent about himself being a developer for the system. If this were a real devkit controller for the NX, wouldn't he know the ramifications of leaking both the existence of it AND MAKING HIMSELF KNOWN.

Maybe he signs NDA's like I agree to the terms and conditions of random shit I sign up for.

It's a little to early for April Fools' Day. Looks fake AF. It's like someone made a mock up based on the patent images and took a screenshot. Something about it just doesn't look right to me.

n0razi

Whats Nintendos obsession with putting screens (crappy ones at that) on everything? Just catch up with everyone else as far as online, VR, an 3rd party support goes please.

Vena

For new page since it may get lost on next:

My problem is here:

LPrgj5e.png

The lighting is bizarre to my eyes. How can it have the same shading around where it should be bright on the side of the stick? The light is very bizarre.

Someone check with different eyes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Zero-latency WiiU controller?

That's not really groundbreaking, it used a customized Miracast implementation IIRC. Haptics that can fully replace the tactile feedback of a button probably isn't feasible with current technology, and if it is, it's probably expensive enough to make the Wii U gamepad look cheap.

bomblord1

Banned
All ya'll are a bunch of Debbie Downers I love the design here.

When the real control releases and looks similar to look this I'm probably going to cry softly in the corner as everyone says Nintendo is doomed because they released a cool controller.

Boogdud

Come on. This is beyond ridiculous. You're looking at a controller, knowing nothing about the system itself or the games to be released.

To be fair, looking at the Wii u's controller was all that was needed to see it's future back when it was revealed...

Magusx

I think it's real and hope it's real. I love handhelds so much, and really want the next generation. If it's true about it having Xbox one power I would be really happy.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
My problem is here:

The lighting is bizarre to my eyes. How can it have the same shading around where it should be bright on the side of the stick? The light is very bizarre.

Someone check with different eyes.

I mean, why would you expect Nintendo to be the one doing the R&D? Broadcom with Nintendo's interest/input did the R&D on the WiiU streaming tech.

The angle the picture was taken with the flash. I think the pic is legit.

prwxv3

Whats Nintendos obsession with putting screens (crappy ones at that) on everything? Just catch up with everyone else as far as online, VR, an 3rd party support goes please.

It's understandable why they won't make a VR hmd. They are expensive as hell to make. The only reason why Sony is making money on their 400 device is because of their suply chains and other Sony divisions.

Gsnap

Feels fake. Too close to the patent. The same patent that had a bean man shooting a gun at an iguana. Nothing in that patent screamed, "Yes, this is what it will actually look like." Instead it just seemed like a bunch of crappy, hastily drawn pictures to help people understand the concepts. Even if it is real I imagine that's just a prototype and not what it will really be.

We'll see. Nintendo tends to be able to make things work (as in, they're more functional and comfortable than they seem at first glance), so I won't write it off immediately if it is real. But I don't think it is.

Ravidrath

My theory is that it's real, and Nintendo of America leaked it in a last-ditch effort to convince NCL not to do this to them.

pestul

That's not really groundbreaking, it used a customized Miracast implementation IIRC. Haptics that can fully replace the tactile feedback of a button probably isn't feasible with current technology, and if it is, it's probably expensive enough to make the Wii U gamepad look cheap.
I won't argue that. I'd fucking hate losing real buttons.

Guys about the lighting argument. The camera flash probably nullifies the screen illumination (if it is a screen and not just and printed render).

bomblord1

Banned
]That's not really groundbreaking, it used a customized Miracast implementation IIRC.[/B] Haptics that can fully replace the tactile feedback of a button probably isn't feasible with current technology, and if it is, it's probably expensive enough to make the Wii U gamepad look cheap.

No one had done it before the wiiU though and it was a custom design.

Also there are several haptic feedback touchscreen technologies to choose from

If the nx releases with this controller, I'll save my money. It complete trash for any type of complex game. I guess they are trying to wow the casual audience again. Unfortunately, the controller looks like hey arnold's head.

that doesn't look comfortable. Also lol @ people who are expecting parity with PS4/Xbone/PC if that thing is the controller, though I'm sure it will be excellent for Nintendo's own games.

Nintendo pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom