• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details on Noel Gallagher's first TWO solo albums (1st out Oct 17)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking this one a lot more than his first solo album. Noel did a much better job producing than Sardy did on the past three Noel-related albums, but I really wish that AA album wasn't scrapped. The Right Stuff is my favorite song on the album, so I wouldn't mind more songs like that.

Make sure you have your phone in your hand while listening so you don't miss your boyfriend asking you to the spring prom on instagram.

Thanks for the tip, but just I'm a 36 year old straight married guy who understands that Noel Gallagher is a jealous twat desperately trying to maintain a shred of relevance. I do hope his new albums were good (I couldn't be bothered to listen to them yet) but he can shove his lousy pretentious attitude up his ass.

But, what about Bonehead?

Also, for serious, Tswquizz went to high school about 15 minutes from where I grew up in farm country PA. First, good on her for getting out of there, it's a hole. Second, at the core of it, she's a PA farm country hick (like me) and gotten out of low starting means just like Noel. But, she has tits, so it may have been a little easier.

That said, my daughters love her and we stayed in a house she stayed at in Sea Isle City once so that was cute (by chance she was in the guest book). But nobody has claimed she's a good song writer outside of her parents, that's probably a fact.

Don't be a buzzkill! ;)

:D

Thanks for the tip, but just I'm a 36 year old straight married guy who understands that Noel Gallagher is a jealous twat desperately trying to maintain a shred of relevance. I do hope his new albums were good (I couldn't be bothered to listen to them yet) but he can shove his lousy pretentious attitude up his ass.

Come on it was a lighthearted quip and it was funny. I think people who aren't familiar with Noel's voice or sense of humor are quick to take offense to any comment he makes which are remotely critical of another artist. But he was probably laughing when he said it, and when he said it he probably sounded in genuine disbelief and bemusement.

Here's a pretty popular video with Noel's DVD commentary about Oasis videos where he's pretty critical about his own music. It's funny. It's really the exact same tone he uses when he criticizes other artists. Now imagine that voice making those comments about Taylor Swift. I don't think it comes off as harsh as if you read it with your own biased internal "Noel Gallagher" voice, which probably is in a gravely accent and drugged up sounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNqyjZcleI

But, what about Bonehead?

Bonehead's busy hanging out with Frances Bean Cobain! Man i didn't know she was so cute.

https://twitter.com/alka_seltzer666/status/568738656116015105
B-MuveQIAAA5voz.jpg

:D

Come on it was a lighthearted quip and it was funny. I think people who aren't familiar with Noel's voice or sense of humor are quick to take offense to any comment he makes which are remotely critical of another artist. But he was probably laughing when he said it, and when he said it he probably sounded in genuine disbelief and bemusement.

Here's a pretty popular video with Noel's DVD commentary about Oasis videos where he's pretty critical about his own music. It's funny. It's really the exact same tone he uses when he criticizes other artists. Now imagine that voice making those comments about Taylor Swift. I don't think it comes off as harsh as if you read it with your own biased internal "Noel Gallagher" voice, which probably is in a gravely accent and drugged up sounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNqyjZcleI

Alright, I'll let it slide. The guy did write excellent songs.

chiimisu

I wonder why is everyone so keen on Oasis reunion, aside from obvious nostalgia? I mean, pretty much very britpop reunion so far was dreadful. Suede was meh, I'm sure Blur's upcoming album will be boring as hell and Oasis wouldn't be any better, I'm sure. The best way to do it is like Pulp - play a few lives, record no new material, call it quits afterwards.
Ironically, they seem like the only ones who still have enough energy to pull off the reunion
Overall, I'm fine with having couple more Noel solo albums, thank you very much. Maybe another Liam project, Soul Love and Second Bite of The Apple were nice. But they clearly can't work together anymore.

Speaking of the album itself, well, it's pretty good. I feel like it needs a couple more listens, but I really like what I've heard so far. My favourites are The Ballad of Mighty I, In The Heat of The Moment, The Girl with X-Ray Eyes, Lock All The Doors and While The Song Remains The Same... So I already love the half an album lol. I just wish there was something I immediately would fall in love with like "If I Had A Gun". But still better than most of Oasis's post-1997 output (Dig Out Your Soul was pretty decent, though)

The more I've listened to this, the more I get this Spiritualized vibe from the album. It's like Noel's take on Jason Pierce's work in places.

Still digging it.

Just got back from the Noel concert and it was legit awesome. He played the new stuff I wanted to hear, and mixed in some redone Oasis classics. What I liked more than anything is that he came out on time, no opening band, cut the bullshit, and rocked out for two concise hours. The respect for my time was admirable.

Wiktor

I wonder why is everyone so keen on Oasis reunion, aside from obvious nostalgia? I mean, pretty much very britpop reunion so far was dreadful. Suede was meh, I'm sure Blur's upcoming album will be boring as hell and Oasis wouldn't be any better, I'm sure. The best way to do it is like Pulp - play a few lives, record no new material, call it quits afterwards.
Ironically, they seem like the only ones who still have enough energy to pull off the reunion
Overall, I'm fine with having couple more Noel solo albums, thank you very much. Maybe another Liam project, Soul Love and Second Bite of The Apple were nice. But they clearly can't work together anymore.

Yeah. I think between both Liam and Noel's solo projects they gave us more good songs than Oasis would at this time. I would like to see reunions just for concerts from time to time, not a true ressurection of the band itself.

Wiktor

I never understood why the other Oasis members went with Liam instead of Noel.
They liked him as a person? Liam can be an asshole, but there wasn't really much drama inside Beady Eye back then.

Plus Noel is a giant song-writting wise. If you wanted to spread wings creatively sticking with Liam was probably a better option.

Drove from columbus to chicago on Thursday night for the show. It was great and it happened to be Noels birthday so we all sang happy birthday to him. I was only about 10 rows from the stage and it was awesome. At one point they blew all the speakers and went off stage for 15 minutes, there was concern they were going to cancel the show.

Heres a pic i took:

11224577_10152938287947828_1613082266202839303_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom