• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds announce "Who Built the Moon?" Out 11/24/17

Jeff6851

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRplVmpZCa8

US Tour Dates:
9 Feb Detroit, MI, The Cathedral at Masonic Temple
10 Feb Columbus, OH Express Live!
12 Feb Washington, DC, Anthem
13 Feb Philadelphia, PA, Merriam Theater
15 Feb New York, NY, Radio City Music Hall
17 Feb Boston, MA, Opera House
18 Feb Montreal, QC, Place des Arts
20 Feb Toronto, ON, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
23 Feb Cleveland, OH, Goodyear Theater
24 Feb Chicago, IL, Chicago Theatre
25 Feb Indianapolis, IN, Murat Theatre
27 Feb Nashville, TN, Ryman Auditorium
28 Feb Atlanta, GA, The Tabernacle
2 Mar New Orleans, LA, Orpheum Theatre
3 Mar Houston, TX, House of Blues
5 Mar Austin, TX, ACL Live at the Moody Theater
6 Mar Dallas, TX, Majestic Theater
9 Mar Las Vegas, LV, The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan
10 Mar Oakland, CA, Fox Theater
12 Mar Los Angeles, CA, The Orpheum

Tickets and enhanced tour experiences on sale 10am local time Friday 29th September.

The price of your ticket includes a digital copy of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' album, ‘Who Built The Moon?', redeemable on release date.*

Absolutely can't wait for this. Very different sound to what he's done before. First one sounds a bit Gorillaz, the last one - which I already adore, all 20-odd seconds of it, is a bit New Order.

Jeff6851

Absolutely can't wait for this. Very different sound to what he's done before. First one sounds a bit Gorillaz, the last one - which I already adore, all 20-odd seconds of it, is a bit New Order.

And of course, he's not coming to St Louis. Gorillaz skipped out, War on Drugs skipped out and now Noel Gallagher is. It seems all my favorite artists skip so I settle for people I just kinda like.

bill0527

And of course, he's not coming to St Louis. Gorillaz skipped out, War on Drugs skipped out and now Noel Gallagher is. It seems all my favorite artists skip so I settle for people I just kinda like.

He usually does 2 legs in North America so all hope may not be lost. He usually tours about 18 months after he releases an album.

I must've listened to the YouTube album clip over dozens of times. It's the first new music that was able to pull me away from the new War on Drugs. Love Noel's different direction! HYPED.

liquidtmd

Banned
Hmm Holy Mountain is okay. Probably a grower. The trailer for the album is mixed - the 'Get yourself together' riff I can see me liking a lot. I see the direction he's going and hoping it works.

I adore the Debut album and mostly enjoy Chasing Yesterday. 'The Right Stuff' was aces. As someone who was quite lukewarm on Beady Eye and Liam generally beyond a few tracks, I'm really quite liking As You Were.

bill0527

Who built the moon?

More like, Who built this shit after hearing the first single.

I'm as big of a NG fan as you'll find but he's gone way too far out of his comfort zone on this first single.

For twenty years I've grown used to Noel branded bland anthems and I want that back.

Top Bottom