• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

The fact that both channels deleted it is interesting.

I know it's easy to laugh at people getting their hopes up for this, but Pokémon news this month makes a lot of sense for many reasons. Nothing is guaranteed, but it's definitely worth looking out for.

JoeM86

The fact that both channels deleted it is interesting.

I know it's easy to laugh at people getting their hopes up for this, but Pokémon news this month makes a lot of sense for many reasons. Nothing is guaranteed, but it's definitely worth looking out for.

Nintendo America seldom delete any videos. Practically all Directs are still available.

Soph

indian-train-all-aboard-the-hype-train.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo hasn't issued a press release since May 04. We are nearing a week since then. It's quite early (Eastern Time) still, so we shall see if anything happens today.

Nibel

It might just have been set to private as opposed to deleted. I doubt they outright delete anything

The fact that they are doing anything with it at all is weird as hell, doesn't matter if the videos were removed or set to private (which probably makes more sense since you just don't remove a video like that)

Atheerios

Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

NOA still has the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.

Hmm, what are the other cases they did something like this before a reveal?

Also, it caught my attention that Masuda seems to be less active on Twitter this last few days. He usually retweets a lot.

Some Nobody

no E3 announcing video, no direct video, this is weird as hell

Is it? Isn't "no news" from a video game company the standard? Otherwise there'd be no need for hype because we'd get something new all the time.

Plus this wouldn't disprove Stars if we finished the week out with no appearance from it anyway.

Neiteio

pokéfan;236330592 said:
Both Nintendo America and Japan have pulled out Pokemon Sun&Moon direct videos from their channels!
I'm not sure I understand. You mean both channels removed past directs relating to Sun and Moon? What would that have to do with anything?

Me dumb. :-x

Galava

They pulling out videos could be because new ones will be uploaded about the new games and they don't want to confuse people when they search for "Sun&Moon2" or "Sun&Moon Switch Ed.", so old results don't show up when looking for that title.

Wild guess. Speculation. Not happening.

pokéfan

As long as a Pokemon mainline hits Switch....

What has Masuda's team been working on since Pokemon X and Y? That's since 2013, 4 years for a A team and nothing!

A port/sequal of Sun and Moon, the B team can take care of that within a year.

I can see gen 8 early as 2018, GreakFreak's A team has been very quiet...ofcourse busy with Pokemon Switch built from ground up.

JoeM86

pokéfan;236331216 said:
What has Masuda's team been working on since Pokemon X and Y? That's since 2013, 4 years for a A team and nothing!

I can see gen 8 early as 2018, GreakFreak's team A has been very quiet...ofcourse busy with Pokemon Switch built from ground up.

A 2 year long generation would be unprecedented, and based on the progress of the anime, it doesn't fit.

pokéfan

A 2 year long generation would be unprecedented, and based on the progress of the anime, it doesn't fit.

It's somewhat strange, if it's 2019, their A team has taken quite a break. On the other hand it could be early to mid 2019 for gen 8th release then. They might reveal gen 8th around mid 2018.

JoeM86

pokéfan;236331606 said:
It's somewhat strange, if it's 2019, their A team has taken quite a break. On the other hand it could be early to mid 2019 for gen 8th release then. They might reveal gen 8th around mid 2018.

That'd still make it the shortest generation. I don't see it

pokéfan;236331216 said:

I can see gen 8 early as 2018, GreakFreak's A team has been very quiet...ofcourse busy with Pokemon Switch built from ground up.

Is it possible they were working on a scrapped Z for some of that time?
I'm sticking to my crazy idea of them releasing Stars Switch and D/P 3DS within a few months of each other.

JoeM86

According to the Eurogamer rumour, if legit, then Stars has been in development alongside Sun & Moon, so that answers that question.

Zedark

I'm sticking to my crazy idea of them releasing Stars Switch and D/P 3DS within a few months of each other.
Damn, that'd be a masterclass in giving people what they want yet still pissing them off. It'd be glorious to watch, though!

Sandfox

Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

NOA still has the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.
Well then.

According to the Eurogamer rumour, if legit, then Stars has been in development alongside Sun & Moon, so that answers that question.
This I had never heard. It was being developed the same time. Considered we have quick sequels of Splatoon 2 on Switch it makes sense Stars would be Switch.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was probably being developed the same time as XCX to come to Switch. Damn Nintendo was smart. They were developing Switch games years ago! (Duh!)

Now I'm realizing XC2 is coming in 2017 makes so much sense. *heavy breathing*

I don't think they would want to release games with 2 different regions in such close proximity. I think we will see just Stars this year, either just on Switch, or both 3DS and Switch. Then I suspect the next games will come to both systems together, with the 3rd version being the Switch exclusive ie.

Diamond and Pearl remakes on 3DS.
Platinum remake on Switch.

When they eventually stop supporting the 3DS, they could revert back to their normal release style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom