• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legit thought that Sun/Moon would take us back to Kanto at some point. They reference it so many times! Just give people the chance to go back in Stars on Switch and boom! Goodbye free time.

Aleh

Whatever happens, I'll be happy as long as they don't waste DPP remakes on the 3DS. Not even a cross release please.

And I'm pretty sure Stars is going to be this year, it would make no sense next year just to get gen 8 the following year. And Gen 8 can't really come in 2018 either imo, so they need something to prolong gen 7. The anime is advancing really slowly.

JoeM86

Whatever happens, I'll be happy as long as they don't waste DPP remakes on the 3DS. Not even a cross release please.

And I'm pretty sure Stars is going to be this year, it would make no sense next year just to get gen 8 the following year. And Gen 8 can't really come in 2018 either imo, so they need something to prolong gen 7. The anime is advancing really slowly.
I would be very surprised if they jump exclusively to Switch during Gen 7. Hell I am even stunned st the likelihood that it will even come to Switch this gen. lower expectations. It will still be a Gen 7 game. It won't be Breath of the Wild with Pokémon

Aleh

I would be very surprised if they jump exclusively to Switch during Gen 7. Hell I am even stunned st the likelihood that it will even come to Switch this gen. lower expectations. It will still be a Gen 7 game. It won't be Breath of the Wild with Pokémon
Oh yeah, I was referring exclusively to DPP remakes in regards to being Switch only.
3DS and Switch makes sense for gen 7 stuff

Aleh

They wouldn't start a new Gen with remakes.
I didn't say that, just that I want them to be inside gen 8, Switch only, because the jump from DS and 3DS isn't enough to make sense for a remake. They would look marginally better, and on hardware that can still play the originals. What would the point be?

Then you'd need to wait until at least 2020 for DP remakes for them to be in Gen 8
I'd be absolutely fine with that! Good things come to those who wait

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Diamond and Pearl almost bored me completely off the series forever.

Just skip them and move on to Black and White.

Aleh

Diamond and Pearl almost bored me completely off the series forever.

Just skip them and move on to Black and White.
A remake is the perfect opportunity to fix the flaws of the originals to make them more appealing though. Otherwise why even make remakes?

Galava

Rösti stop trolling us on twitter damn

vkD0CVn.png

Cynthia is overrated, but I guess she's still better champion than that easily forgotten Diantha /runs

A remake is the perfect opportunity to fix the flaws of the originals to make them more appealing though. Otherwise why even make remakes?

just play platinum :p

Aleh

Na. Skip those too. Let's have XY remakes

People said that and then we had ORAS
People said that? The 3DS was still fairly new then and RS were on much older hardware. The situation is more akin to not having ORAS be on the DS after B2W2

BigPete

I don't know that looking to the past to predict Pokémon on Switch is the right way to go. Switch is uncharted territory for Nintendo. I'd say all the conventions of the past are vulnerable to being tossed out the window.

Platy

Haha it's cute that you guys think nothing can be announced beyond today.

I remember on Friday 29th May 2015, I was on a train up to the UK Pokémon National Championships when bam, news of a new Nintendo Direct dropped. That Nintendo Direct was to air on Sunday 31st May 2015 at 10:00 UTC.

Good times.

Nothing is off limits

Nintendo is unpredictable.

So by predicting that we have a direct this week we are actualy delyaing the direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom