• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 FINAL Trailer 2007 Thread + Lots of Media and Information

Ronin

My hype has been through the roof for DMC4 since the original announcement, but after this trailer...

Fuck, I never expected the game would be this epic and amazing.

Danielsan

Holy fucking shit at that new trailer.My game of 2008 just became 100% clear. Yamato, this better means Vergil is making an appearance (take over Nero's body please).

Also fuck yes for the harder difficulty that's available from the start and the PAL CE. Now if only I could actually find a store that sells the PAL CE in the Netherlands.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Was that the Yamato???

Virgil maybe involved somehow

AARRGGh, THIS Trailer is even Better than the last Trailer, Capcom is Full of Win in presentation:D

Danielsan

AAK said:
Kobayashi already said Vergil isn't in the game.
Who cares about what he says. Ever thought that it might be a large part of the plot and thus something that they wouldn't want to reveal. His damn sword sure seems to play a large part in the trailer. That large statue looks like a godified version of Nero. The winged knights look somewhat similar to Nero Angelo ooh and Nero is possed by a Demon with a blue aura that likes power... need I say more.

AAK

There is a difference between "not revealing" and flat out "denying" it. As for the katana, we don't even know if it is the Yamato.

YAMATO.jpg

AAK

Going by that logic, the yamato should have been the same as LDK's from DMC1:

yamato.jpg

Capcom changed it.

And even if it is yamato, doesn't prove that Vergil will be in it after the producer repeatedly said he wouldn't in every interview. You're free to think whatever you want, I'm just trying to tell you otherwise to avoid disappointment.

Zenith

Banned
Danielsan said:
Who cares about what he says. Ever thought that it might be a large part of the plot and thus something that they wouldn't want to reveal.

he's not going to outright lie you moron.

Danielsan

AAK said:

yamato.jpg

Capcom changed it.

And even if it is yamato, doesn't prove that Vergil will be in it after the producer repeatedly said he wouldn't in every interview. You're free to think whatever you want, I'm just trying to tell you otherwise to avoid disappointment.
LDK wasn't exactly cannon was he? Anyway it doesn't matter they took the most recent design. If you look closely you see that every part of the sword is the same. If logic played a part then Dante wouldn't be carrying around Rebellion (he didn't in DMC1) but instead he'd have Force Edge.

I put good money on Vergil being in in some shape or form. He might not be playable, he might not look like his old self but I'm sure he plays a nice role in the story. Producers lie all the time and if it is a large part (twist) of the story then I can't blame him. Lastly, this is Capcom, they are all about fanservice. They rereleased DMC3 with Vergil playable because of the fans and DMC4 looks like the biggest fanservice yet with Trish and Lady coming back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What did I just watch?

~Devil Trigger~

AAK said:

yamato.jpg

Capcom changed it.

i dont think Vergil will be "IN" the game. As a Character, no.

But I do think Vergil's existance in the DMC univers will have something to do with the story

and Nero says Alot of old Vergil quotes...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Why does everyone want vergil to take over nero's body? That would be pretty stupid imo. Vergil didnt die in dmc1 so he should still have his own body. bring him back in dmc5 after he sorts out his life/mind :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Zenith said:
he's not going to outright lie you moron.

Maybe "Vergil" isn't in the game, in his human form. All signs lead to a version of him being in it. If that isn't the yamoto, why would Dante even care that they had it? His main purpose is getting something back, that the order stole from him. The sword is a carbon copy of the one vergil had. Maybe its a red herring, but, I really don't doubt that vergil is in the game, somehow.

The question is, if they did get yamoto, how the hell did they aquire it, seeing as though Vergil had the thing in the Demon realm, at the end of DMC3. o.0

edit: Also, will Trish and Lady be playable? Hopefully as extras or something. Give Trish Ifrit and Luce&Ombre and let her have at it.

edit edit: And I like how Nero can hold onto enemies, while he does his Streak move.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Danielsan said:
You watched awsome in it's purest form, now go pre-order it.
I swear, I never thought I'd almost cry to a DMC-trailer... that was so beautiful, it hurts inside. Ordered. Day One. DAY ONE. TAKE MY FUCKING SOUL, CAPGOD.

AAK

Just want to say that it's perfectly logical for Dante to have Rebellion because he gave the Force Edge (now Sparda sword) to Trish.

And Nero's DT doesn't look at all like Nelo:

devil-may-cry-4-art-nero-01.jpg

Devil-may-cry-vergil-nelo-angelo.jpg

Cant fucking wait for DMC4. Give me the demo now! It's going to be interesting how both Dante and Nero's storyline plays out and how it finished.

Danielsan

Oldschoolgamer said:
Maybe "Vergil" isn't in the game, in his human form. All signs lead to a version of him being in it. If that isn't the yamoto, why would Dante even care that they had it? His main purpose is getting something back, that the order stole from him. The sword is a carbon copy of the one vergil had. Maybe its a red herring, but, I really don't doubt that vergil is in the game, somehow.

The question is, if they did get yamoto, how the hell did they aquire it, seeing as though Vergil had the thing in the Demon realm, at the end of DMC3. o.0
The story is so convoluted and full of plotholes but my guess it that Vergil/Nero got returned to the demonrealm after being defeated in DMC1. After Dante kicked Mundus ass Vergil took over as the new ruler. The Order seems to be worshipping Sparda and if that living statue is any indication specifically Vergil. The order may have "created" Nero as a host that's not only powerful but also the spitting image of his old self. So Vergil might be using the Order in order to return to the human world, in order to do so he might have given them his sword.

Yes totally convoluted but I have a feeling that I might not be that far off.

~Devil Trigger~

The Alistor became the Sparda sword, which Trish had at the end DMC

i think Dante kept Force Edge

but i wonder if Dante will USE the Yamato :O

Yoshichan

ToyMachine228 said:
Cant fucking wait for DMC4. Give me the demo now! It's going to be interesting how both Dante and Nero's storyline plays out and how it finished.
This month, right?

:(

~Devil Trigger~ said:
The Alistor became the Sparda sword, which Trish had at the end DMC

i think Dante kept Force Edge

but i wonder if Dante will USE the Yamato :O
No, the Force Edge became the Sparda. Alastor isn't tied to the story and as such it just won't be in the game.

Danielsan

badcrumble said:
No, the Force Edge became the Sparda. Alastor isn't tied to the story and as such it just won't be in the game.
Which sucks because it still the most awsome sword in the series :p

Also that youtube video reminds me how awsome DMC1 really was. The music the style. I liked DMC3 but from a style perspective it didn't even come near DMC1.

Oldschoolgamer

AAK said:
And Nero's DT doesn't look at all like Nelo:

You're right, and thats only because Vergil took the mask off, when he fought Dante the last time(in that last pic). The two other times you fought him in the game, he looks exactly like Nero's DT.

Danielsan said:
The story is so convoluted and full of plotholes but my guess it that Vergil/Nero got returned to the demonrealm after being defeated in DMC1. After Dante kicked Mundus ass Vergil took over as the new ruler. The Order seems to be worshipping Sparda and if that living statue is any indication specifically Vergil. The order may have "created" Nero as a host that's not only powerful but also the spitting image of his old self. So Vergil might be using the Order in order to return to the human world, in order to do so he might have given them his sword.

Yes totally convoluted but I have a feeling that I might not be that far off.

That would actually make sense. I guess.

~Devil Trigger~

Danielsan said:
Which sucks because it still the most awsome sword in the series :p

yea Alastor was the shit

another thing Im wondering:

Kobayashi said DMC4 got the "DMC Store", would'nt be awsome if Dante (or Nero) can go to that "Store" and pick up weapons from pass games

...im just saying:D

Danielsan

AAK said:
There is a face on Nero's DT as well....

Even then:

dantefighringvergil0yf.jpg

They are completely different designs.
Quite some time has passed between DMC1 and DMC4. Nero Angelo's look may have changed some what. The basic outlines of the character and Nero's aura look very similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYfb6m7z9s

Also notice the red eyes of Nero Angelo's unmasked form, now watch the trailer again and look at Nero as his body is getting taken over.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
~Devil Trigger~ said:
yea Alastor was the shit

Kobayashi said DMC4 got the "DMC Store", would'nt be awsome if Dante (or Nero) can go to that "Store" and pick up weapons from pass games

wouldnt it be awesome if that store was used for online DLC like new weapons? hey a man can dream :p

~Devil Trigger~ said:
yea Alastor was the shit

For the most part the new basic sword + gauntlet weapons look to play more or less as well as the previous versions, but I'd love to be able to bring Cerberus, A&R, and Nevan back into the game. Also, I'm really hoping that Nero will get to play with Yamato, since we see him carrying it briefly in the trailer.

edit: hey, while we're dreaming, how about DLC like being able to play against previous bosses from the series in a Bloody Palace type area :D

slade

Nero could be Vergil's son. That's what it looks to me like the story is going to be.

Still, I was as stunned as everyone else when I saw the Yamato. Day one purchase for sure.

Danielsan

One thing is bothering me. We haven't seen anything of Dante's Devil Trigger have we? I might be wrong but has anyone seen Devil Trigger runes on gameplayscreenshots?

Oldschoolgamer

Danielsan said:
One thing is bothering me. We haven't seen anything of Dante's Devil Trigger have we? I might be wrong but has anyone seen Devil Trigger runes on gameplayscreenshots?

It looks like Dante DTs in the trailer. Which DT it is, I don't know. lol

~Devil Trigger~

Danielsan said:

A bit

Devil-Trigger.gif

ezekial45

Banned
Danielsan said:
Ugh looks like the DMC3 devil trigger design is back. :(

I hated the concept design when it first came out, but it looked a lot better in motion. Since DMC3, i think its the best design.

RandomXTX

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200406
1.Volume 1 of ADV Films’ Devil May Cry: The Animated Series:
The Devil May Cry: The Animated Series anime disc will include the first four episodes of the 12 episode anime series. Volume one of the four-disc DVD anime series will be available from ADV Films at the same time the game launches.
2.A Steelbook case
3.A bonus DVD filled with extras:
The bonus DVD will include a making of feature on the game, music from the Devil May Cry 4 soundtrack, a digital art book with images and sketches from the development team, PC wallpapers, icons and screen savers.

Danielsan

ezekial45 said:
I hated the concept design when it first came out, but it looked a lot better in motion. Since DMC3, i think its the best design.
I absolutely love Atlus' designs but it just didn't/doesn't fit in Devil May Cry in my opinion.

SPEA

Has 360 load times been written about? Are the significantly longer cause there's no installing to a hard drive?

Dahbomb

Ok I edited the first post with the new trailer. I hope a mod comes in and edit the title with "New DMC4 trailer released" or something.

And Vergil confirmed for DMC4 in some form or manner. :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dahbomb said:
Ok I edited the first post with the new trailer. I hope a mod comes in and edit the title with "New DMC4 trailer released" or something.

And Vergil confirmed for DMC4 in some form or manner. :D

YES! and that is all that is needed!

Top Bottom