• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Lightning

Banned
I still hate the ranking system. Having to break things for red orbs and being punished for not doing it is just bullshit. Wish they fixed that.

Sectus

Will that also be able to circumvent the loop points of existing tracks? The current restrictions make actual music replacement kind of limited.

I'm gonna try to make the game load a different song altogether, so it'll load the loop data for the other song. If you want to add all new music, you have to manually edit the loop points. That's possible, but it's a hassle.

Seyavesh

Any mods people here are hoping will be made for PC version? Once PC version is out, I think the first thing I'll work on is an easy way to swap the generic combat music with other tracks.

accessing debug mode again should be huge priority imo, love the features in it- especially the effective training mode you can activate by turning on infinite enemy health

in terms of pure hoping (that is, straight crazyland with no realistic expectation whatsoever), i'd love to see on-the-fly character switching/on-the-fly moveset switching for maximum possible ridiculous crazy shit

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Everybody here as soon we can play the game

wwAd2rl.gif

lol @ "Local Man is Absolutely Crazy"

that is the best gif

I still hate the ranking system. Having to break things for red orbs and being punished for not doing it is just bullshit. Wish they fixed that.

agreed. very mindless thing to have in the rank system. could they not think ahead a playthrough or two when people don't need red orbs anymore?

I've loved DMC since the first one and any game similar to it, but I've always been mediocre at them. I absolutely can't play above normal difficulty. I tend to always get a c ranking in most levels of DMC 3 and 4.
It kind of sucks.

Dahbomb

I fucking TOLD you guys Vergil would have Distortion!

And he has Full Steam (like confirmed a while ago) as well so that means he can stack that shit like Dante can for obscene damage.

Best candidate for this is the max level Rising Dragon move. Maybe the final hit of his combo 2 if you can manage it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Best candidate for this is the max level Rising Dragon move. Maybe the final hit of his combo 2 if you can manage it.

It's pretty absurd. He's not even doing the Shoryureppa in this example. It's just the second strike in his regular Beowulf combo, level 3.

I've loved DMC since the first one and any game similar to it, but I've always been mediocre at them. I absolutely can't play above normal difficulty. I tend to always get a c ranking in most levels of DMC 3 and 4.
It kind of sucks.

As long as you're having fun, and enjoying the combat. It takes that muscle memory and comfort level with the options availble to you. Maybe listing specific issues you have while playing would help people give advice on how to get those higher ranks.

BadWolf

Wonder if they will limit it to the twins or if Trish will have it too.

Wish he did it on someone like Berial instead so we could see the full extent of the damage.

Dahbomb

Wonder if they will limit it to the twins or if Trish will have it too.
If Trish has it then that would be really over powered as then she would be able to Round Trip a pack of enemies then Distortion plus Full Steam her giant Inferno move.

BadWolf

If Trish has it then that would be really over powered as then she would be able to Round Trip a pack of enemies then Distortion plus Full Steam her giant Inferno move.

True, just curious if they are turning it into a system wide mechanic or making it character specific.

(Nero and Lady obviously can't do it)

Sephzilla

This might be the first day in my life where I'm hoping FedEx takes forever to get to my house. If I have to sign for my package I'm probably boned unless they get there after I'm out of work.

gunbo13

DMC4SE is really hard to review because most people who get it are going to be character action veterans, but do you write the review for them or for people who might not know what they're getting into?
I don't believe reviews should factor in the serious players, similar to fighting games. We don't trust or pay attention to reviews regardless. We are the 1% of the get those Bayonetta frauds out of here of the remaining 1%.

Oh look, another game with DBZ Vergil. Can't tame the OP.

Just got my key from GMG. Special edition is 25GB compared to OG which is like 8 or something. I'm going to have to assume all that extra space is Vergil

So Vergil has Just Charges on all his moves leading into Dimension Slashing, Jump Cancelling, Distortion, Reverse inputs, weapons switching, and DmC teleporting and this was done in about six months of work?

Based Itsuno!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow my Asian copy just arrived. I wasn't expecting that. Looks like I'll be able to play a few hours early at least.

Afrocious

Any mods people here are hoping will be made for PC version? Once PC version is out, I think the first thing I'll work on is an easy way to swap the generic combat music with other tracks.

Shit. I could help (software dev here looking to mess with video games).

However I bought the PS4 version. How easy was DMC4 to mod? If there's been stuff already done, I could double dip.

Just got the PSN copy of DMC4 SE

I can't believe I have work tomorrow morning though. I'll be able to play for like... 30-45 minutes after it releases at best

Top Bottom