• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Zocano

God, I suck at revving. Pls halp. I'm pretty much just mashing cause the timing is weird in mid combo.

I've played through dmc4 a lot before but I always kept it on automatic cause I'm a scrub.

lol Vergil saying 'Devil May Cry' is just too weird lol but i like it!

got a quick question regarding Super outfits... If i finish a DMD run of a single character, does the super outfit unlock for all?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So how do you change their color palettes? I can't find that anywhere.

You have to unlock the EX colors first. I don't think we know the conditions yet, but I've unlocked a few just by beating the game and getting high kills during the credits sequence.

Once unlocked, they'll just show up in the cycle of costumes.

Veelk

Banned

You, sir, are one stylin' devil. It runs really well now. Still slower than vanilla DMC4, but at the highest possible settings, I have it running at an average of 45 fps. I'd still like to take some stuff off to make it run at a smooth 60, but this is a massive improvement. Thanks!

So, now does anyone know how I can find the ini file and mess with that? I'd want to turn off some of the added features so I can get that full 60fps goodness.

nearly mastered just frame judgement cuts
just killed the Plant Demon boss and fixing to eat dinner
Vergil is really fun once you play him enough
Rising Star into aerial moves takes care of most of those pesky armored demons
i keep forgetting to use spiral swords with my combos though lol

Yeah, Trish is exactly what I needed. Just a character to fucking let loose. DT + Round Trick + Spinning Bird Kick gives me a sensation akin to an Ultiamte Technique in Ninja Gaiden II. So many hits.

That feedback is glorious.

Dahbomb

God, I suck at revving. Pls halp. I'm pretty much just mashing cause the timing is weird in mid combo.

I've played through dmc4 a lot before but I always kept it on automatic cause I'm a scrub.
You need to learn the timings of the attacks individually. Try to learn the timings by swinging at the air when no one is around.

The timing for the rev is always towards the end of an attack (near the recovery frames) so try to do a rev as late into an attack as possible.

OG
OrgPJxW.jpg

SE
mbHOwfV.jpg

What's with the ridiculous amounts of blur? Ground textures and UI look sharper, but the blur is obnoxious.

It's a shame the level design is straight buttcheeks still, but man, the combat is as good as ever. I finally tried out Vergil in BP and he's a beast. I didn't like him that much in 3 (mainly cause I hated how Yamato didn't have a rising launcher probably) but he's SO fun now. You can do such cool looking strings very easily. Don't even need enemy step with him to style. I'm even liking his summon swords more now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's you using v-sync from the GPU. Remove it and your framerate will skyrocket. That's how it is in the original version as well.

AFAIK, I'm not using Vsync via Nvidia. I generally enable V-sync ingame, outside of certain exceptions (GG:XX:^C+R having input lag with it on) I rarely go into the Nvidia panel to force it.

owww, the little ridge under the ps4 trigger is digging into my knuckle :(

I've played a little of everything but Vergil so far.

Highly recommended you grind for orbs in LDK. One run through of mission 2 = 30k. of course, you have to do it without DT, unless you've gotten that far. still worth it.

Lol my hands hurt from gripping the controller so tightly. I grip too hard when I have to hold buttons for charge shots with Lady and Nero. Had to force myself to take a break.

I'm putting a band aid over the spot it's digging in. Considering finding a way to round off the area a little better

lvl 3 charged shotgun is so dumb

you ain't even have to learn how bosses work because of how strong it is ;_;

Lady can do some gorilla ass damage

taunt on touch pad lol no

that was the first thing I changed. but I've always screwed with the controls a lot in this game, never really settled on a configuration for nero or dante. Now there's 5 characters to manage!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 970 as well, I've upped the resolution to 2560x1440 and upped MSAA to 4X to improve image quality and still have 60+ fps

I have the refresh rate now set to 144 Hz. But to set the resolution higher than what my monitor has, I have to fiddle with the .ini profile and anything else? I know downsampling is involved but I don't really know how to do it. D:

I didn't really have 25 bucks to spend after the summer sale but screw it! I want some spectacle fighting action and I don't have a Wii U. This however now breaks my rule of only playing odd numbered Devil May Cry's: The first, the third and DmC (the fifth even without a number).

While I'm happy to have 'fun' Dante back, I think I'm going to miss DmC's platforming and level design. DMC 4 doesn't have too many puzzles does it? *horrible nightmares of the first game*

I didn't really have 25 bucks to spend after the summer sale but screw it! I want some spectacle fighting action and I don't have a Wii U. This however now breaks my rule of only playing odd numbered Devil May Cry's: The first, the third and DmC (the fifth even without a number).

While I'm happy to have 'fun' Dante back, I think I'm going to miss DmC's platforming and level design. DMC 4 doesn't have too many puzzles does it? *horrible nightmares of the first game*

Pretty much just the stupid dice "puzzle", and there's a trick to get the number you want. It's still stupid.

i don't think it has any item placing puzzles that I can remember. Just some weird ones like the spinny blades. but it does have dice games, unless they changed that.

God damn Blitz. I had to map the firearm button for Trish back to Square because my trigger finger couldn't hit L1 fast enough. Her guns lacking any sort of charge shot is really disappointing, but considering it would just be imbued with lightning properties anyway, renders the whole thing null in this case.

taunt on touch pad lol no

that was the first thing I changed. but I've always screwed with the controls a lot in this game, never really settled on a configuration for nero or dante. Now there's 5 characters to manage!
I had lots of weird controls before but in SE I'm sticking default except for Lady and Nero where I just have shoot mapped to R2. Not dealing with charge shots on a face button.

Level design is pretty shit in DMC4. You get to push spinning tops, do some bad platforming, and play a board game that can be extremely tedious if you don't know how to exploit it properly.

Despite that, it's still probably my favorite in the series. Combat is absolutely incredible and very few games can compare to it. I love the weapons and movesets in 3 but I hate the enemy design and I honestly don't think the level design is much better. At least in this game you can play Bloody Palace to get your fill of the combat without any of the bullshit.

hao chi

Has anyone had an issue on PS4 where you'll randomly stop running and just start walking, even though the stick is being fully pushed forward?

I'm enjoying the game, but this is getting really annoying. I've tried restarting my PS4, but the issue persists. I'm thinking about deleting the game and redownloading, and if that doesn't work try a friend's controller. I've only had my PS4 for four months though, so I'd hope my controller isn't already having issues. Then again, I haven't had issues with any other games.

Has anyone had an issue on PS4 where you'll randomly stop running and just start walking, even though the stick is being fully pushed forward?

I'm enjoying the game, but this is getting really annoying. I've tried restarting my PS4, but the issue persists. I'm thinking about deleting the game and redownloading, and if that doesn't work try a friend's controller. I've only had my PS4 for four months though, so I'd hope my controller isn't already having issues. Then again, I haven't had issues with any other games.
Do you mean walking as in literal slow walking, or just normal speed run (before upgrade)

Because I've definitely experienced some times when I'm trying to run fast and it won't leave the regular pace. Almost seemed like the area needed to load for a second or something (since I'd usually notice it when first entering an encounter)

Favocado

I'm having this issue on PC, using an Xbox 360 wired controller. Sometimes Vergil would just walk instead of run and I have to reset the analog stick and then push it completely foward for him to run. And then it would happen again a few seconds later.

does it only happen when the camera changes angle? if so, that's the game.

hao chi

Do you mean walking as in literal slow walking, or just normal speed run (before upgrade)

Because I've definitely experienced some times when I'm trying to run fast and it won't leave the regular pace. Almost seemed like the area needed to load for a second or something (since I'd usually notice it when first entering an encounter)

Actual walking. I actually only just bought the run upgrade a few minutes ago. :p

does it only happen when the camera changes angle? if so, that's the game.

It's not when it changes to a different camera angle, but I'll have to watch to see if it's just when the camera is panning a bit.

I hope it's just the game.

Edit: No, it's even with the camera perfectly still.

Man, I really did forget a lot about the latter half of the game if my frustration with missions 11 through 15 were anything to go by. I need another quick break, but otherwise I should be able to plow through the rest of the Lady/Trish campaign later tonight.

Having fought them again after so long, I don't know which I hate more at the moment, Chimeras or Blitzes. I've had enough of my fill with those things after 14 and 15. Shame really. Trish is still so god damn fun to play regardless.

Clawww

Anyone else getting a lot of screen tearing on the PC version? GTX 970/i5 4690 here.

144hz monitor too, if that matters. Don't really see a reason why I should be tearing so much. Happens whether or not V-sync is on.

yup, not sure why. I'm getting random lag, too.

yup, not sure why. I'm getting random lag, too.

If you're on a 144hz monitor, I figured it out. For some reason setting my screen's refresh rate to 120hz, but the game's refresh rate to 144hz fixed it. 144/144 and 120/120 both had tearing.

Why? Who knows. But it worked.

Oh man I totally forget L'Arc en Ciel did the theme song to this game... I don't think they had it in my original 360 version.

Btw is there no way to change the option to have the text in English? Options only shows to do it for the voice.

Sectus

Mistral.gif

I hope the tools for the original game are updated to be compatible for 4 soon - I put together Jeanne and Mistral skins for Trish; but I can't seem to extract, edit or even view the SE files in order to get them working.

The game is using an updated version of MT Framework. Try using arctool in re6 mode, and use model script for REmaster or Revelations 2.

Veelk

Banned
Holy mother of GOD, you rake in fast money in Legendary Dark Knight mode. I feel like I'll have enough to fully power up in the next 5 missions or so, damn.

Fj0823

For all the crap DmC gets, there's a lot of things in DmC that would do wonders to DMC4:SE.

The camera for starters. It was a pain getting back to this semi fixed camera.

Loving the combat, Vergil and dat sexy Lady

I will get back to you guys when I play more of the game, I don't have a PS4 yet so I must play on my GF's

started DMD with Vergil and I got just one tip for everyone.

Get the concentration meter high whenever you fight tough enemies. Vergil's damage outfit goes crazy. Its like he has doppelganger style on at all times

Dahbomb

Real talk, I know that Vergil has like 20 different things that are OP about him... but he really shouldn't get Concentration meter up so fast by just standing in front of an opponent.

You actually build meter faster if you stand there vs actually attacking.

Top Bottom