• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diane Lane aka Martha (that one) weights in on Justice League vs The Avengers

GAMEPROFF

Banned
At this point, I just feel bad for DC fans.
But I have to admit that I find drama like this very entertaining and funny.
Still. I feel bad for the actual fans.

Litan

All the Avengers have to do is say Martha and the Justice League would already be down Batman and Superman.

DCEU: [suffocating MCU with foot on its' throat] You were never a universe. You were never even a franchise!

MCU: [barely breathing] You're letting them kill Whedon...

DCEU: What does that mean? Why did you say that name?

MCU: Find him... Save Whedon...

DCEU: Why did you say that name? Whedon? Why did you say that name? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

Fox X-Men: [enters running] It's his director's name! It's his director's name.

Oh geez, even Martha doesn't believe =(
I'm actually genuinely surprised that she said no. It doesn't actually mean anything but that's pretty weird for an actress to say that about an upcoming movie she'll have to promote.

DeathyBoy

Banned
All the Avengers have to do is say Martha and the Justice League would already be down Batman and Superman.

Wonder Woman would solo everyone save Hulk and Thor. The Flash would create a time remnant of Hulk that would fight current Hulk and cause a time wraith to destroy both. Aquaman and Thor would bro out and compare hair styles.

There's no scenario JL don't smoke MCU Avengers.

Re: Vision, he's so thirsty he'd drink WW's sweat if she let him.

golem

I wonder how bad the script could have been for her to arrive at this conclusion... not something you usually hear stars saying

I wonder how bad the script could have been for her to arrive at this conclusion... not something you usually hear stars saying

I think people are reading way too much into a quick soundbite where she probably didn't even hear or digest the question.

Did anyone expect it to be?

I think it will be better than both of them. Whedon aint my cup of tea, neither is snyder usually but I find him a far more interesting filmmaker

At the end of the day it's gonna have the same aliens invading the planet story setup. But I think the powers and action in this will be more exciting

I think it will be better than both of them. Whedon aint my cup of tea, neither is snyder usually but I find him a far more interesting filmmaker

At the end of the day it's gonna have the same aliens invading the planet story setup. But I think the powers and action in this will be more exciting

I feel a lot more confident in Reeves' Batman film. I didn't even dislike Batman v Superman but I think the first Avengers film holds up well.

Jacce

Banned
I think it will be. But I don't think Avengers is a particularly good film

Avengers is over-rated but it is a pretty safe bet that Justice League is going to be near unwatchable after BvS which made Batman & Robin look like Citizen Kane by comparison.

Cuburt

I just realized 2 things:

- Is Diane Lane Lois Lane's mom?
kidding. bad joke, but weird name coincidence, like "Martha"

-Diane Lane and Marisa Tomei are the same age, still look hot as hell, and play 2 of the most well-known elderly comic mom characters, and while DC decided to age up Lane, Marvel kept Tomei looking the same.

MisterHero

I don't know if this is wishful thinking or making fun of that, but she's being pretty clear there with the second "short but honest" no.
I was kidding but also making a point. I don't want none of it either

Anyways the Movie JL could beat the Movie Avengers in a bar fight. Without Superman and Green Lantern

eizarus

Banned
I just realized 2 things:

- Is Diane Lane Lois Lane's mom?
kidding. bad joke, but weird name coincidence, like "Martha"

-Diane Lane and Marisa Tomei are the same age, still look hot as hell, and play 2 of the most well-known elderly comic mom characters, and while DC decided to age up Lane, Marvel kept Tomei looking the same.
Probably because Clark is 33 by the time MoS begins, whereas Peter is still a teenager in the MCU. Might have looked off to have Supes mum looking just a few years older than him.
Edit: I still can't believe Tomei is 52. She looks amazing for her age.

Replicant

Fan: "Can you give any spoiler to Justice League and do you think it'll be better than The Avengers?"
DL: "No and No"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom