• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] COD Black Ops Cold War: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Ray Tracing, 120Hz Mode Tests + Series S Analysis!

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Damn, someone check on @Riky see if he's OK 😄

After all that bragging about xbox power and this is more compure units showing etc. He was so sure.

Over a bug..... where ps5 runs it lower and at 60 in the same circumstances.

That was your victory? LOL.

Amazing.
I'm fine because my version doesn't tank to 40fps, they don't know what it is and it's more than one scene as per my screenshots. He probably doesn't want to upset anymore fanboys by telling them the small GPU can't handle RT at 60fps.

Both of you knock off your antagonism and throwing stones and glass houses. Take it to DMs if your want to fanrage out.

THEAP99

Banned
That's not true at all
Which part? Cus I played through the campaign, kept turning the ray tracing on, then off and there was VERY little difference. Not even worth having the mode on imo for 98% of the game.

Cold war itself is an ugly looking game compared to modern warfare.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Here we go

This is a short-lived victory for some people.

af651ac03e147b20b94e823a136b83cc.gif

See you in the next thread. Lol

Last edited:
Which part? Cus I played through the campaign, kept turning the ray tracing on, then off and there was VERY little difference. Not even worth having the mode on imo for 98% of the game.

Cold war itself is an ugly looking game compared to modern warfare.
The bulk of your post you ignored in this response.

ethomaz

Banned

Hmm so no Ray tracing?? What's going on with those XSS videos?

Edit: also its crazy how many fanboys are bombarding him about missing light bulbs and what not. Just wow.

Made up videos using Series X version?
I mean there is a video showing shadows on par with Series X from a random.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm fine because my version doesn't tank to 40fps, they don't know what it is and it's more than one scene as per my screenshots. He probably doesn't want to upset anymore fanboys by telling them the small GPU can't handle RT at 60fps.

Man, who dropped you when you were a kid?

VGTech explained it a week ago that sometimes these frames just do NOT drop at all. John just double-checked and confirmed it. If it were a hardware limitation, wouldn't the frames drop every single time?

Last edited:
On a side note nice to see some other tech comparison outfits this gen, VG Tech is growing fast, a few months ago they had a couple thousand subs, now they have 20K. I prefer their analytical, numbers-based approach and numbers chart round-up so you get the full picture without any opinions thrown in.

Same for NXGamer. It's nice to have multiple sources other than just one, which was most of the case last gen.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
So it appears that the ps5 is pushing more particle effects and such and the series x version is missing some visual enhancements afterall. Imo the ray tracing isn't noticable in this game

depends on screen shot, on some the xbox is pushing more and on some the PS5 is. I just think these first round of games are bugged to hell

ethomaz

Banned
Don’t his post mean the PS5 since it does have variable clocks. You questioning if Xbox clocks are locked when you know they are is laughable. come on man
If the same issue on PS5 is being due the variable clock and overheating then it is should be the variable clock and overheating in Xbox too.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Handy Fake

Do you have a link for that and if its true has anyone told DF - I always wondered if 4K recording would take up some resource, especially if its always on that cannot be resource free.

There y'go chief.

Jigga117

"Flickering shadows being reported and variable performance. "

They're saying both consoles have issues so to blame it on the "variable clocks" (bullshit) in one is daft.
I didn’t claim one or the other doesn’t or only has problems. I am talking about his BS post about claiming variable clocks for the XSX.

Jigga117

If the same issue on PS5 is being due the variable clock and overheating then it is should be the variable clock and overheating in Xbox too.

🤷‍♂️
This is what your claiming. Serious;y? So Ms lied about fixed clocks. No way similar issues can’t be because of other causes. This just means Xbox is also variable?

ethomaz

Banned
It is a poor ass point. The issues as I just posted to hI’m can vary and create similar problems.
It was a really great fun point that even triggered you.

If the issue is due overheating and variable clocks then the Xbox is overeating and having variate clocks too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom