• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Demon's Souls Remake PS5: Gameplay Trailer Tech Breakdown + First Next-Gen Frame-Rate Analysis!

scydrex

I think it's because some PSfans made laugh of the 1440p limit of Series S and now they are happy with those numbers.

I would take 1440p 60fps DLSS 2.0 or 4k DLSS over 4k will run smoother and with better image than a native 4k. Waste of resources...

Last edited:
Craig was 2160p 60fps locked, so I guess that was ... next gen?
Was it? Sure maybe the geometry was running at 2160p...but what about some of those textures? I believe this is one of the main reason it looked bad and blurry. The lighting won't make those XB360 textures look good.

Ed2u0nKXkAEC5ze

How did Digital Foundry miss this? that's unfathomable (well not really). The 720p pixels are so obvious and ugly.

Was it? Sure maybe the geometry was running at 2160p...but what about some of those textures? I believe this is one of the main reason it looked bad and blurry. The lighting won't make those XB360 textures look good.

Ed2u0nKXkAEC5ze

How did Digital Foundry miss this? that's unfathomable (well not really). The 720p pixels are so obvious and ugly.

Youre trying too hard and no one cares. This thread is about dark souls. Please check your salt at the door.

Redlancet

Banned
They just have to fix the animations and recover some of the atmosphere they lost and we are good to go.
Atmósphere in the remake its much better, i finished the first game three times, imported from korea when nobody gived a fuck about this series, for me it was the sucessor of kings field, so im familiar with the game and this "lacks atmosphere its nonsense"

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Atmósphere in the remake its much better, i finished the first game three times, imported from korea when nobody gived a fuck about this series, for it it was the sucessor of kings field, so im familiar with the game and this "lacks atmosphere its nonsense"
It doesn't lack atmosphere, it's just a different atmosphere, sorry for the misundersting.

iHaunter

Still so sad I couldn't pre-order PS5. I started offering people on the lines $100 for their spot. I will happily take 1440p/60 with HDR10+ and RR + HD Motion Blur.

It looks soo good, the asset quality is 10/10. How do they do it man?

THEAP99

Banned
Probably because right now PS4 Pro and One X can do some games at 1440/60, as well as some 4k checkerbard or native at 30 fps.

The res and frames of DS Remake modes are no different than Pro and One X.

Nobody expects Series S to be as good as PS5 or Series X, and nobody expects 8k games either unless it's Tetris. But most gamers would assume next gen gaming can at least tidy it up so it's a 4k standard to start with. And from there 30 or 60 fps depending how fancy the visuals are.
But the game already has a 4k 30fps mode ?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think it's because some PSfans made laugh of the 1440p limit of Series S and now they are happy with those numbers.

They were laughing at the 4TF console and the 1080p limit. 1400p will not hold throughout the generation, unless its through upscaling.

I didn't answer to you before, but I will do now.
There is absolutely nothing "next-gen" here. The gameplay is carbon-copy of the ps3 game, opponent to opponent, limitation to limitation. its mainly a visual upgrade.
I can understand that it is the flagship of ps5 launch, but let's not be absurd here with these "next-gen" wordings.

Gameplay hasn't been that much different for me since like 3 gens.
Demons Souls looks amazing and next gen to me. Actually almost most next gen of what I have seen so far of real gameplay.

I don't get what your problem is with this.

While at it, let's expose those pseudo so-called "experts" at DF:

Just for fun guys, use your use, trust your eyes. I'll use 2 screenshots, one is claimed by DF to be native 4K (Halo Infinite), and another claimed to be 1440p with no evidence but BS (Demon's Souls), and will chop the screenshot:

Demon's Souls:

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h01m46s240.png

Halo Infinite:

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h18m25s787.png

800%:

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h18m25s787.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-28-00h01m46s240.png

Why DS is having more pixels, smaller? It's either DS is 8K or Halo is 1440p but DF were too tired to acknowledge!

How the fuck did they come up with 1440p? And they can't see RT now? Well, explain this:

vlcsnap-2020-09-27-18h09m45s143.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h37m50s520.png

gfdhfghgh.jpg

adsa.jpg

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg

lllllllllllllll.jpg
This is amongst the most disingenuous shit I’ve seen in this forum.

You compare the red color bleed pixels on a compressed video to brown colors, red will always show bigger pixels in compressed video, it's called chroma bleeding/contamination. At least make the comparison fair.

JCK75

I dont understand df:s fixation on raytracing. Like who cares as long as it looks good.

Because their entire thing is examining the technology and being specific about the kind of effects being used.
And they know it's only for people who want to know this information and most won't care because it does look amazing.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Well, I’m kind of also a fan of Xbox, so you’ve put me in an awkward position here. Lol.

But yeah, jealousy definitely does play a part. PS5 won the launch round with the Souls announcement, absolutely. While these people, and I use the term loosely, lol, would be in here no matter what, trying to play it down, or troll, or whatever, the fact that they don’t have an equivalent definitely amps things.

Me personally, I’d love a world where fans of each system could admire what was on the other, and trade productive dialogue, or even just play awesome games wherever they were, but in this one, with these hilarious my-first-trolling attempts, I guess I’ll settle for a laugh.
I am also a xbox fan but...they have no games.
I won't be buying any exclusives at the XSX launch,well maybe Gears Tactics.
My main reason for purchase at launch is older games getting enhanced.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Probably because right now PS4 Pro and One X can do some games at 1440/60, as well as some 4k checkerbard or native at 30 fps.

The res and frames of DS Remake modes are no different than Pro and One X.

Nobody expects Series S to be as good as PS5 or Series X, and nobody expects 8k games either unless it's Tetris. But most gamers would assume next gen gaming can at least tidy it up so it's a 4k standard to start with. And from there 30 or 60 fps depending how fancy the visuals are.
4k60 is 8 times the pixels of 1080p30. If you want the same garbage graphics (basic fidelity and effects) as last gen then you can have your 4k60. Otherwise these GPUs are not powerful enough to push out higher visual fidelity at that resolution. It’s not realistic.

pawel86ck

Banned
This is amongst the most disingenuous shit I’ve seen in this forum.

You compare the red color bleed pixels on a compressed video to brown colors, red will always show bigger pixels in compressed video, it's called chroma bleeding/contamination. At least make the comparison fair.
Good point. I wonder what he will do when more experts (vgtech, nxgamer) will pixel count 1440p in remake as well, or when Bluepoint will say their game is running at 1440p in performance mode. I really dont understand why he was so triggered, 1440p 60fps in such great looking game is very respectable. I guess he expected miracles from 10TF GPU, but the reality is similar GPU (XSX included) is only enough for 1440p 60fps + maxed out details.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider running on 5700XT (9-10TF RDNA) maxed out, and only around 60fps. Maybe Bo_hazem thought PS5 is as fast as 2080ti thanks to the 2.2GHz clock 😏😅.

Nydus

yep,also there is a lot of shops who are selling ps5 games at 60,70 euros,the normal price
I only see it for 80€ on the mediamarkt site. And could you point me to those shops? I'm searching for a good place to preorder but 75€ was the best I could find. :(

skneogaf

I think dark souls 1,2 & 3 plus bloodborne are not at all good graphics wise even at 4k@60fps which I'm currently playing dark souls 3 at now.

Is this the first one that isn't made by from software directly as bluepoint are doing it? If so I can tell and hopefully from software use this as a baseline for future games.

What engine do from software use and am I correct in thinking demon souls is unreal engine?

Top Bottom