• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's D23 Expo 2017 GAF

Wanderer5

expo_Banner_01-1.jpg

Don't think a general thread of sort for this convention has been made (including before), so why not.

D23 expo is the Ultimate Disney Fan Event that is biannual at the Anaheim Convention Center (which is near California Disney Parks), and with the last one being in 2015, now it is coming around again this weekend from July 14th to 16th. Expect the many aspects of the Disney industry to be there, and there is quite a bit.

Who is planning to go, and what do you want to see? Here is the Schedule and Guide App to help out.

Schedule

App: iTunes/Google Play

The Argus

Gimme new Star Wars Land info. Disney knows they have to top Universal's Harry Potter, and the recent West World AI rumors are fascinating. Also, please kill AP and bring back standard pricing.

Marvel Land will be big news. But I bet they focus on Star Wars.

Dream: Total Indiana Jones refurb. Bring back the ice machine for falling rocks. Upgrade the animatronics and ride system.

Wanderer5

Kingdom Hearts trailer incoming. OOF!

Yup, quite excited for that! I might try to get to the game showcase panel on Saturday.

Hopefully tomorrow I will actually get to see the Animated Feature panel. Last time, I got stuck in overflow and didn't get in.:( I was sad but afterwards I encountered one of these life sized Wall-E and that washed my sadness away instantly.XD

Really hoping there is some info about Futureworld/Epcot revamp, as well as anything about what they're doing with Tomorrowland. The stuff for the parks is what i'm most interested in since WDW has gotten a bit stale in the past few years, epcot is basically dead.

A Mario tease?

I know the character was mentioned by name in the previous movie, and Bowser made an apperance, but was it confirmed Mario will make a cameo in the sequel?
If I remember correctly, they said way back when the first came out that if they do a sequel, then Mario will have an actual role this time. No name drops at all.

They said that they didn't want Mario to be just a quick cameo and that he had to have some kind of weight to his role. Who knows if they'll stick to that though since the sequel is apparently about the internet now, and Mario has like no place there.

Wanderer5

Marvel has a bunch of games to check out, including Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Will definitely check out Lego for sure.

they should announce that they'll finally fix the yeti in expedition everest at ak, it's only been like a decade since it was last operational

sigh

MrMephistoX

I can get discount tickets if anyone who wants a play date with my 4 year old daughter in LA wants to go...not to be racist lol but I'm hoping she can meet a mixed race kid since she's half Chinese and I'd love a new dad friend.

matt360

Gimme that Last Jedi trailer!

Hopefully we'll get a lot more detailed info on the Star Wars land expansions. Maybe a Han Solo title, and the third standalone movie reveal?

mreddie

Disney's D23 Expo 2017 |OT| Comic Con Who?

For those wondering, the animated stuff is tomorrow and the live action stuff is Saturday around 10AM PDT

What to expect
Space Battle (Star Wars)
Thor and Hulk do Space
Black Panther
Avengers Thanos Gets Off His Lazy Ass and Wreck Shit
Small Wonder (Ant-Man and the Wasp)
Wrinkle in Time
Magic Camp
Mulan
Mary Poppins not starring Micheal Rooker
Untitled Disney live-action fairy tale film (August 3, 2018)
Lion King 2018/19

Nothing on Aladdin because LOL

Prompto

Banned
Hopefully we get some potato cam stuff of whatever they show in the films panel.

Also hyped for new Kingdom Hearts 3 and Spider-Man footage.

I want a "Russia" pavilion at epcot center. The fun part about the ride is finding Trump and Putin hanging out together, they will be toy sized and their location will be moved every day, so you can always come back for more fun!

Top Bottom