• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's D23 Expo 2017 GAF

I'm here, but unsure which panels we're going to - I'd love to catch the Live-action one on the off-chance there's a new TLJ trailer... but the lines for that will be nuts. Definitely going to the Parks one for every bit of Star Wars Land news!

Look at this swole motherfucker
DEqYfBeXkAAuMFU.jpg

We expecting Marvel news, or nah?

There should be something at the Walt Disney Studios live-action panel tomorrow, at least. But Marvel Studios also has their own big Hall H presentation at SDCC next weekend, so don't expect too much.

(Is there actually an Infinity War presentation at D23? It's still not on the online schedule.)

Wanderer5

If there is going to be news of Infinity War, it should be at the live action panel. Maybe they will drop much of the big stuff briefly and comic con will be some extended stuff or something.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Would anyone that's going be willing to pick me up one of those Epcot 35th Anniversary posters? Prices on eBay are a bit exorbitant.

s-l1600.jpg

chaislip3

I'm hoping they announce what the third Star Wars standalone will be. IIRC, Kennedy said they were going to decide which film they'll make in June.

Star Wars Land looks really good but is a totally wrong fit for Disneyland. The kind of thing that's so ambitious it should really have been part of a new-concept park (overhauling DHS thoroughly at the same time makes that kind of okay).

Hoping to hear more about plans for EPCOT (name change?) and something TRON-related (beyond the coaster) would be a dream come true.

Crazylegs

I fully anticipate Disney pulling some real bullshit with Epcot.

I think you are right, unfortunately. I think this weekend will be the 'Beginning of the End' for FutureWorld. On the one hand, I will be glad to see Disney put some major investments into a Park that has been dying a slow death for years. On the other hand, it saddens me that EPCOT will not be the hopeful/cool experiment that it once was.

I'm in for the theme park stuff. Sounds like they're dropping the Great Movie ride from Hollywood Studios and also completely overhauling major sections of DCA.

Interested to see what they confirm or announce

I think are right, unfortunately. I think this weekend will be the 'Beginning of the End' for FutureWorld. On the one hand, I will be glad to see Disney put some major investments into a Park that has been dying a slow death for years. On the other hand, it saddens me that EPCOT will not be the hopeful/cool experiment that it once was.

Sounds like Ellen will be gone and potentially journey into imagination will be converted into an inside out ride. They could still fit Figment into the theming though.

This thread is surprisingly quiet. We gonna have separate threads for each of the big panels?

I'm guessing separate threads for whatever gets released/announced out of these panels (KH3 trailer, TLJ behind-the-scenes reel, etc.). General info probably should be collated here.

Top Bottom