• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's D23 Expo 2017 GAF

I was just in the Disney Dream Store, and it appeared as though all of those Epcot posters were gone.

Note that it was a little harried, as earlier one of the walls of merch fell over on people and they had to close the store down for at least an hour.

Wanderer5

I was just in the Disney Dream Store, and it appeared as though all of those Epcot posters were gone.

Note that it was a little harried, as earlier one of the walls of merch fell over on people and they had to close the store down for at least an hour.

Holy crap, hope everyone is okay.

Holy crap, hope everyone is okay.
I didn't see anyone visibly hurt. We were in line, and heard a tremendous WHOMP sound, and breaking glass. Someone mentioned that paramedics were on scene, and then they closed it down (and looked like they were hastily reinforcing the other walls.)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It hurt in a distant sort of way to me when it was first announced. Now that I'm actually playing the series, good god, the missed opportunities.

I had a complete set of Power Discs and Figures for 1.0 and 2.0 and was maybe a third of the way through 3.0 when Disney cut the cord. Oof.

I figured as such. Thanks for the heads up anyway. Kind of considering paying $150 for the one on eBay but I'm looking at what it would cost to get it framed (the poster is fucking HUGE) and it'll probably cost more than the poster itself, so maybe I should just let it go.

zeemumu

Yeah I heard about the Dream Store. I hope everyone's alright.

To the people there today, how long did it take you to get your lanyard and bag and stuff if you already had your ticket mailed to you? I'm going tomorrow and Sunday and I want to know how quickly I can get to the stuff I need to get to.

Also how bad were the store lines, and which store carries the Maleficent glow in the dark figurine and the Mary Poppins Tsum Tsum set.

Thanks in advance!

So they're making the third Planes movie after all, but now it's in space? (it was always planned as a trilogy but I dunno what happened to it after Fire & Rescue)

That's interesting, I wonder what they'll do with that premise. Will we see aliens? They already had a UFO in one of the Cars Toons.

How many times are we going to see the same tired pop-up ad joke, I feel like it's been in every single "person goes into the internet" thing that's ever been made.

Edit: If they're just gonna lampoon generic internet shit they should have made a new IP to do it, what does this have to do with Ralph and video games arghhhh

Edit 2: God dammit is Wreck it Ralph 2 just Disney's The Emoji Movie

Mariolee

How many times are we going to see the same tired pop-up ad joke, I feel like it's been in every single "person goes into the internet" thing that's ever been made.

Edit: If they're just gonna lampoon generic internet shit they should have made a new IP to do it, what does this have to do with Ralph and video games arghhhh

At least we got Tsum Tsum.

Edit: Holy shit this movie sounds basically like a massive cross-over with everything Disney related.

At least we got Tsum Tsum.

Edit: Holy shit this movie sounds basically like a massive cross-over with everything Disney related.

I guess but so far nothing they've described feels right to me... they went WAY too meta with it.

I kind of like the sound of Vanellope messing with all the Disney Princesses but the context that they're avatars on a website is just weird

Edit: The accent gag is good but fuck something about this feels so gross to me. Maybe I'll have to see it to feel better about it but I am not into this so far.

Yeesh, this is really taking the wind out of my hype sails.

Yeesh, this is really taking the wind out of my hype sails.

It's like they went "Let's put Ralph on the internet imagine what we can do with that" and then instead of keeping it focused on online gaming they took it in all the wrong directions, a Buzzfeed spoof character named Yesss? Ralph wanting to go viral? Going to Disney's own website and having all the princesses crack jokes about Star Wars characters? This is super super weird...

I've always wanted a Disney crossover movie (The Search For Mickey Mouse) but putting it into a Wreck it Ralph movie doesn't feel right.

And then bringing all the voice actresses for the Princesses out on the stage too.

Weird vibes.

edit: Unless it's merely a segue-way into another project?

It's like they went "Let's put Ralph on the internet imagine what we can do with that" and then instead of keeping it focused on online gaming they took it in all the wrong directions, a Buzzfeed spoof character named Yesss? Ralph wanting to go viral? Going to Disney's own website and having all the princesses crack jokes about Star Wars characters? This is super super weird...

I've always wanted a Disney crossover movie (The Search For Mickey Mouse) but putting it into a Wreck it Ralph movie doesn't feel right.
This sounds like a fun time to me lol I'm in

New character models are being shown of the family.

Sounds like there's a small time jump - the movie starts immediately after the last one ("one minute" passed between the two) but then it'll move on and show that they've moved into a new house and now there's all sorts of new Supers around? But they haven't aged much.

Also how can they not know Jack Jack has powers, were they not looking at their baby CATCHING FIRE while a madman was holding it above their house!?!? How were their eyes not glued to him the entire time he was in Syndrome's hands?

Maybe it was swamp gas.

But he also turned to metal, and then into a red monster that climbed all over Syndrome!

Maybe they were just too high up to see clearly? I feel like that's a weak retcon to allow for "Jack Jack secretly has powers" jokes and stuff to happen.

Aww I take it back we get to have a moment where Bob discovers Jack Jack's powers and gets all excited. Gotta have trust in Brad Bird!

Also how can they not know Jack Jack has powers, were they not looking at their baby CATCHING FIRE while a madman was holding it above their house!?!? How were their eyes not glued to him the entire time he was in Syndrome's hands?

He was like 200 feet above them, and none of their powers are super vision. :p

IIRC they were freaking out because they couldn't see what was going on.

Da3Y4V4ETNW_CAN0r580ZA.png

Too high, yeah.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
But he also turned to metal, and then into a red monster that climbed all over Syndrome!

Maybe they were just too high up to see clearly? I feel like that's a weak retcon to allow for "Jack Jack secretly has powers" jokes and stuff to happen.

Aww I take it back we get to have a moment where Bob discovers Jack Jack's powers and gets all excited. Gotta have trust in Brad Bird!
Between what the babysitter said on the phone, what they witnessed firsthand, and presumably what the babysitter likely says offscreen later... it seems real dumb for them to not know Jack-Jack has powers. That much can be pieced together. Maybe they haven't figured out the details or how the powers work, but not knowing at all is weird.

He was like 200 feet above them, and none of their powers are super vision. :p

IIRC they were freaking out because they couldn't see what was going on.

Yeah it's been a while so I don't remember how high above them they were but thinking over the scene more, and the fact that Syndrome was using a jet, they must've been too far to see everything. And the dialogue of them freaking out cause they can't see covers their bases.

Brad Bird redeemed! Concern-O-Meter saved for Wreck-It-Ralph 2.

Between what the babysitter said on the phone, what they witnessed firsthand, and presumably what the babysitter likely says offscreen later... it seems real dumb for them to not know Jack-Jack has powers. Maybe they haven't figured out the details or how the powers work, but not knowing at all is weird.

The babysitter was intercepted by the Men In Black and had her mind erased so I dunno. Her messages were obviously cause for concern but with them being too far up to see, and not getting to actually talk to her, it makes sense.

Now what DOESN'T make sense is why would the MiB agent not mention their baby's powers to Helen and Bob.

Dan

The babysitter was intercepted by the Men In Black and had her mind erased so I dunno. Her messages were obviously cause for concern but with them being too far up to see, and not getting to actually talk to her, it makes sense.

Now what DOESN'T make sense is why would the MiB agent not mention their baby's powers to Helen and Bob.
She had her mind erased? I take it that was the end of the short? I think I've only seen that once or twice.

She had her mind erased? I take it that was the end of the short? I think I've only seen that once or twice.

Yeah he tells her to look at a light or something and a little plunger fires out and sticks to her forehead, there's a cable attached to the back, I think she goes cross-eyed or gives some indication that she's falling asleep? Been a while since I've seen it too but I def remember her getting mind-wiped at the end.

Edit: Oh god, I have a really close relationship with my dad so this new Pixar flick is gonna fuck me up isn't it. I thought Good Dinosaur was gonna do it but I think this is the one that's gonna really get me. Shit.

Dan

New Pixar movie sounds kinda interesting, although generally very much in their wheelhouse.

Yeah he tells her to look at a light or something and a little plunger fires out and sticks to her forehead, there's a cable attached to the back, I think she goes cross-eyed or gives some indication that she's falling asleep? Been a while since I've seen it too but I def remember her getting mind-wiped at the end.
Ah, alrighty then. I suppose they can wiggle out of the Paars knowing about the Jack-Jack's powers. Still, as you say, you'd think their handler would say something.

At least it seems Bob finds out pretty quickly in the sequel.

.... that sounds like such a generic TBA title. Reminds me way too much of Monster, Inc.; I have faith, but still.

It's not a very good description. It's actually a modernized/present day fantasy world.

Like the premise of Good Dinosaur was supposed to be "what if the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs missed and we still had them today in modern times" but they fucked it pretty hard, this one is "fantasy settings are always ye olde but what if there was magic in today's modern world".

Top Bottom