• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy ARCADE ANNOUNCED! [Update: Trailer + Info]

BlackJace

This made me itch to play Dissidia 012 again, and oh my god I'm so bad at this game.

How do I into Jecht's combos? I can't believe they don't give you an indication of when to press the buttons or anything. Hell I didn't even know Jecht had combos until randomly seeing a youtube video about it.

You have to time it perfectly. You begin to get a feel when to execute them when he starts to slow his assault.

Narroo

Eh, the gameplay, judging by the trailers, seems to have the same issues that the original had. In which case, I wouldn't expect much out of this.

Permanently A

You have to time it perfectly. You begin to get a feel when to execute them when he starts to slow his assault.

Oh man, I just had a ridiculously good game. I was so in sync with the combos. When I was done I put the PSP down and it was covered in sweat. I can't remember the last game that got me that tense.

I fucking love this game.

Talax

This made me itch to play Dissidia 012 again, and oh my god I'm so bad at this game.

How do I into Jecht's combos? I can't believe they don't give you an indication of when to press the buttons or anything. Hell I didn't even know Jecht had combos until randomly seeing a youtube video about it.
You have about quarter of a second after every hit to press the next button. Loads of time. XD

Wazzy

Banned
I feel like playing 012 again because of this.

Also for new inclusions I want to see:

IV: Edge
VI: Locke
VII: Red XIII and Cid
VIII: Seifer and Rinoa
IX: Beatrix
X: Rikku
XIII: Fang

Oh god no, tell me monsters are not playable because I ate everygame in which boring characters are playable (such as monsters in XIII-2). A fightning game with generic mobs instead of actual characters with background and story... rgh...

I doubt it. If they implement a story mode, I would like to fight FF monsters instead of Manikins.( which is one of the things I didn't like of the original games)

I feel like playing 012 again because of this.

Also for new inclusions I want to see:

IV: Edge
VI: Locke
VII: Red XIII and Cid
VIII: Seifer and Rinoa
IX: Beatrix
X: Rikku
XIII: Fang

No Leading Man?

For FFVI a funny idea for playable character would be this guy:

hqdefault.jpg

-Ryn

Banned

Hedge

Man, this has potential to be super cool. Played the PSP game so much I almost ruined my machine.

I really would wish they'd do alt characters of smaller magnitude for entries. Like for example:
VII: Vincent
IX: Vivi
X: Wakka (or Kimahri!)
XII: Cidolfus Bunansa (with moves powered by the Occuria Venat!)
XIII: Cid Raines
XIV: Kan-E-Senna

So realistically, do arcade games have good prospects of coming to consoles?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I love the idea of an FF fighting game and I thought the Dissidia fighting gameplay was pretty cool... but it was always the mobile platform that killed it for me. I'd be lucky to play it with friends one time.... which is exactly what happened.

Excited as hell to try this when I go to Japan. And home version plz.

Don't exoect too much? It's a fighting game. They're difficult to make in every form they come in. I do expect them to put some effort in.

Yes, I expect them to put effort in... Effort in creating good movesets and mechanics for a smaller more important roster of characters rather than get spread thin by an extremely expansive roster that has spin-off characters. I'm saying people shouldn't get their hopes up for all these side characters. It just sets themselves up for disappointment.

ExoSoul

Banned
Yes, I expect them to put effort in... Effort in creating good movesets and mechanics for a smaller more important roster of characters rather than get spread thin by an extremely expansive roster that has spin-off characters. I'm saying people shouldn't get their hopes up for all these side characters. It just sets themselves up for disappointment.
You mean the movesets that have existed for two games (one for a few side characters)
Do you really not get that they're using the same moves for each character? If you told me animation or anything else sure, I'd agree with you but movesets?

Wazzy

Banned
Image looks good.

My biggest thing is since they changed Clouds model I really hope they fix up Squall's. I want him to look like his VIII model.
I doubt it. If they implement a story mode, I would like to fight FF monsters instead of Manikins.( which is one of the things I didn't like of the original games)

No Leading Man?

For FFVI a funny idea for playable character would be this guy:

I totally forgot about Balthier. Woops.

XII:Balthier**

Turin

Banned
I'll play the list game.

VII - Vincent(or Red XIII)
VIII - Seifer
XI - Vivi
X - Auron
XII - Fran
XIII - Snow(so I can kill him over and over and over again)

Squire

Banned

It's 3v3. They need a significant addition of characters or the game will dry up in months. The roster is far too small in its current form to support that player count and stay interesting.

You mean the movesets that have existed for two games (one for a few side characters)
Do you really not get that they're using the same moves for each character? If you told me animation or anything else sure, I'd agree with you but movesets?
Okay, fair enough, I didn't think about the leg work that's essentially done from two games being made already, but I still won't get my hopes up only to be disappointed.

It's 3v3. They need a significant addition of characters or the game will dry up in months. The roster is far too small in its current form to support that player count and stay interesting.
I don't disagree with that, but I wouldn't put it past them either. If you are willing to set yourself up for disappointment, be my guest.

Squire

Banned
Okay, fair enough, I didn't think about the leg work that's essentially done from two games being made already, but I still won't get my hopes up only to be disappointed.

I don't disagree with that, but I wouldn't put it past them either. If you are willing to set yourself up for disappointment, be my guest.

I'm not sure what you're so convinced we're expecting from them that has you so confidently stating we're setting ourselves up for dissapointment.

I already said I kinda think Dissidia has been fanwank garbage up to now. They would be delivering by simply making a game I actually think is good. I'm not asking for the world on a silver platter here.

I'm not sure what you're so convinced we're expecting from them that has you so confidently stating we're setting ourselves up for dissapointment.

I already said I kinda think Dissidia has been fanwank garbage up to now. They would be delivering by simply making a game I actually think is good. I'm not asking for the world on a silver platter here.

Um, okay, I'm just saying (for the umptheenth time), to not expect too many characters. That's what I was originally saying and have said too many times now. I'm not saying, "Wtf are you doing stop expecting so much!" and just warning not to get all excited about seeing characters from things like Crystal Chronicles and what not because someone mentioned CC.

Squire

Banned
Having one new character per title, that has only had 1 or 2 reps, shouldn't be too much to ask.

3 from each represented game would be a little formulaic (probably MC, villain, and love interest, as someone else theorized), but I guess it'd still be an improvement.

It is my hope this does not become free to play.

It's already pretty well-suited for that just by virtue of being a fighting game.

3 from each represented game would be a little formulaic (probably MC, villain, and love interest, as someone else theorized), but I guess it'd still be an improvement.

Not necessarily. For IV they could add Rosa, but why do that? Where you have Rydia and she can be to Yuna what Prish is to Tifa. And Rydia would still have a connection to Cecil and Kain.

Squire

Banned
Not necessarily. For IV they could add Rosa, but why do that? Where you have Rydia and she can be to Yuna what Prish is to Tifa. And Rydia would still have a connection to Cecil and Kain.

Oh I would prefer they put more thought into the choices as you suggest, I'm just saying I could see them sticking to a formula. I'm hoping they don't though.

Oh I would prefer they put more thought into the choices as you suggest, I'm just saying I could see them sticking to a formula. I'm hoping they don't though.

That formula wouldn't work though.

What do you do for games like FF5 or FF6 where the main character has no love interest? If anything, they'll probably pick characters based on popularity polls.

That formula wouldn't work though.

What do you do for games like FF5 or FF6 where the main character has no love interest? If anything, they'll probably pick characters based on popularity polls.

Then they'll probably default to a popular character from said game (Like they did with Kain and Gilgamesh) or the respective game's deuteragonist, if necessary (Laguna, Yuna kinda fits both the love interest and deuteragonist role, as well.)

Honestly, I don't really care, as long as whatever character has a distinct playstyle. They've yet to disappoint in those regards.

Golnei

I want him to look like his VIII model.

9D5WSWe.jpg

Really hope they've got an interesting story to tell.

There's no possible way that'll happen. But if the lore entries return, I hope they come up with an even more hilarious set of FFI retcons.

Along with showing the summons in 3D, unique enemies would massively improve the game. Even though they'd take a significantly higher resource investment compared to their Theatrythm equivalents, hopefully they see the value in working on them. Maybe a few could be reused as summons, or function as playable characters in a separate monster training mode for the console release?

Top Bottom