• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you watch Snuff Films?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
I was reading an article on a site going into the nature of snuff films.. it got me thinking.

I haven't and I have no intention of watching one, but what about you GAF? Are you into this?

Yeah, sometimes I'm curious if I see a link. Wish I wasn't. And that stuff (news, LiveLeak) aren't really snuff films as much as filmed tragedies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Totally. I shot a real good one with this lovely the other week. The things coming out of her mouth would make a hardened criminal blush.

Troll

Banned
oh yeah, all the time. make them, too.

It's not illegal to watch them, for some reason. The sites that have them are perfectly within their right to do so and not be taken down.

Making them on the other hand...

They haven't even been proven to be real? What a fucking strange question. Real as in funded by someone for purposes mainly sexual.

There was that canadian guy recently, but is that snuff? I always thought Snuff implied both investment and sexual pleasure from.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Isn't this the same as asking 'Do you like to watch someone die?' or is the usage of 'snuff' being used for other forms it can take. I can't even take seeing a woman get abused (and her being a willing participant). Violence in general I can't enjoy and don't see how one even can.

Troll

Banned
They haven't even been proven to be real? What a fucking strange question.

Some of the videos... they are real beyond doubt.

Isn't this the same as asking 'Do you like to watch someone die?' or is the usage of 'snuff' being used for other forms it can take.

Sort of. These videos have millions of watchers, I wanted to know what type of person is into this stuff. I'm not trying to judge or offend, I am just incredibly curious.

They haven't even been proven to be real? What a fucking strange question.

Yes, several killers have posted their crimes online now. Luka Magnotta being the most recent.

Also, would you guys consider disaster footage: car crashes, explosions, war footage etc etc to be considered "snuff" for the purposes of this discussion?

I watched a little bit of a video called "3 guys 1 hammer" (I think). It was some russian teens murdering a guy. I didn't realize it was a real video at first, I was half expecting Ric Astley to start playing at any moment. I couldn't stomach more than a few minutes of it and I'm still haunted by it to this day.

entremet

I watched a little bit of a video called "3 guys 1 hammer" (I think). It was some russian teens murdering a guy. I didn't realize it was a real video at first, I was half expecting Ric Astley to start playing at any moment. I couldn't stomach more than a few minutes of it and I'm still haunted by it to this day.

Jeez. Talk about sadistic.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm thinking about making a sniff video. Basically just sniff a lot.

I think I will do a series where I sniff different items each week. I'll sit there in my dressing gown basically just getting off on sniffing nice smelling objects. A new tennis ball, permanent marker, that sort of thing. It can be like a new fetish. Sniffers.

I will organise sniffer conventions where we can all congregate.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
There is a bit of a distinction to be made. Actual snuff films are supposed to be murders recorded with the intent of distribution. There are a lot of videos that just happen to make their way around the Internet, but I don't think very much real snuff exists in truth.

Ratrat

I remember this. I assumed it was fake, skipped to the middle and immediately closed the video.

BosSin

I have been acquainted with a few unsavoury characters that enjoyed watching copious amounts of snuff-films

Yes, several killers have posted their crimes online now. Luka Magnotta being the most recent.

Also, would you guys consider disaster footage: car crashes, explosions, war footage etc etc to be considered "snuff" for the purposes of this discussion?

Right, I edited that in as I remembered , but I don't know...

THe other stuff is definitely not snuff.

Tame

i've seen a couple thanks to morbid curiosity. Always regret doing so

i better leave before someone posts a link or a phase to google seach. The last time that happened i ended up seeing that ice pick video

There is a bit of a distinction to be made. Actual snuff films are supposed to be murders recorded with the intent of distribution. There are a lot of videos that just happen to make their way around the Internet, but I don't think very much real snuff exists in truth.

The "1 lunatick 1 icepick" video has been all over the news for the last few weeks. Hardcore gore sites, like the one in The Verge's story, have rehosted it and continue to stream it. Some Canadian teacher actually screened it for a class last week.

Closest I've come is 9mm and that was awful enough.

8mm? Only Cage film I like haha.

I honestly don't think I could bring myself to watch one even out of curiosity. Way back when I would sometimes visit rotten.com and that was difficult. But the Magnotta stuff especially, it just sounds too horrific I don't know if I could handle it.

Troll

Banned
The "1 lunatick 1 icepick" video has been all over the news for the last few weeks. Hardcore gore sites, like the one in The Verge's story, have rehosted it and continue to stream it. Some Canadian teacher actually screened it for a class last week.

That's just crazy.

8mm? Only Cage film I like haha.

I honestly don't think I could bring myself to watch one even out of curiosity. Way back when I would sometimes visit rotten.com and that was difficult. But the Magnotta stuff especially, it just sounds too horrific I don't know if I could handle it.

I don't see being able to shake that stuff, not truly, no matter how much time would pass.

Tame

Technically i dont think it is but personally i consider any video that shows loss of life to generally be snuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom