• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you watch Snuff Films?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8mm? Only Cage film I like haha.

I honestly don't think I could bring myself to watch one even out of curiosity. Way back when I would sometimes visit rotten.com and that was difficult. But the Magnotta stuff especially, it just sounds too horrific I don't know if I could handle it.

Right yeah. Thinking of the gun instead of the film. No way I could watch a real one. Fictional torture scenes are bad enough. I remember when that beheading of the tourist was making the rounds, I didn't look at that either.

DJMicLuv

No. I avoid that sort of thing which is possibly ironic considering I used to be a big fan of 70s/80s horror/gore films but I can't stand actual gore or even most of the modern realistic representations of it in movies like Saw, etc. Back in 'the day' though I loved schlocky cheeply made gore movies, especially the more camp and OTT ones.

I did see the film 'Snuff' which was released in the 80s. It's a really stupid film about of bunch of hippies (a take on the Manson family) until about 80 minutes in and then there's a scene where the makers of the hippy movie kill an actress. The end bit, the killing, was tacked on to cause controversy as it was implied it was a real killing. Of course it wasn't but the plan worked and after manufacturing some additional controversy via fake protests in New York the movie went on to some notoriety and minor success in the days of the early home video boom and particularly during the 'video nasty' period in the UK.
It was dumb and not very entertaining whereas another similarly marketed movie called 'Last House on Dead End Street' is an absolute RIOT of a movie, one of the most ineptly made things I've ever seen, absolutely unfathomable but thoroughly entertaining.

Murders, killings, deaths, etc. caught on film are not necessarily snuff films. I dont think anyone has seen a real one before except for the guy who posted the first reply.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Not a film per se, but I had seen a story about some guy who killed and beheaded a woman for the purpose of posting the photos on a gore forum. He posted photos not very long after the deed, afterward packing up the head in a bag for some reason and torching his apartment. He was killed in a car crash while leaving his apartment, whereupon the head was discovered. Caused a big headache for the administrator of the forum, but apparently it's still up and running, and even reposted the photos after the investigation.

I can barely stand it when I see a gif of a legit murder. Shit makes my skin crawl. And I'm somebody who doesn't really care about violence in video games or movies. Even the most violent of those two mediums don't equal the feel I get seeing some of that shit.

Kevtones

I got linked to some video of three dudes beheading this one guy with a knife. They cut into his throat and it was the worst thing I've ever seen/heard.

Not sure if it's affiliated with the 3 Hammers guys but it's the worst thing I've ever seen.

Xzeon

Banned
I was gonna say no, but then I realized Ive seen a shit ton of shock videos on the internet and have seen people being chopped up and decapitated.

So, not a true snuff film I guess, but internet videos of fucked up shit is like the same thing right?

People filming the disgusting shit they do isn't a snuff film. Snuff films are created and delivered to a specific customer, usually with content that meets their demands. You don't find snuff films on the internet. The aren't created for mass consumption.

Some fuckheads cutting some dudes head off because they're scumbags isn't snuff. Some guy fucking a woman with a hammer, making her read off a cue card and then beating her to death while wearing a ballgag for a very specific customer is.

TheUsual

Gold Member
People filming the disgusting shit they do isn't a snuff film. Snuff films are created and delivered to a specific customer, usually with content that meets their demands. You don't find snuff films on the internet. The aren't created for mass consumption.

Some fuckheads cutting some dudes head off because they're scumbags isn't snuff. Some guy fucking a woman with a hammer, making her read off a cue card and then beating her to death while wearing a ballgag for a very specific customer is.

That's quite a detailed scenario there.

Tesseract

Banned
i once told my friends i like snuff films. what i meant was i like movies like 8mm, what i actually meant was i like 8mm. i don't like 8mm. awkward evening, that.

shit is gross, mans.

*edit* 8.

Ravager61

I think people have a misconception of what snuff films are. Snuff films to me are heinous acts committed with the explicit purpose of filming them and distributing them. People who seek that stuff out are FUCKED UP. No one in their right mind should want to watch that shit.

I really doubt anyone would answer this question honestly, and they'd be stupid to do so.
Jeez, I remember someone also made a thread some time ago about killing people.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Videos of real life torture, killings, rapes and other abuse.

No, that's just recorded torture, killing, etc. A snuff film, by definition, is a recording of that subject matter as a commercial venture for profit. The snuff film legend consists of a supposed underground film community that sells and circulates films of murders.

Didn't anyone see that Nic Cage movie about this?

thread is just asking for one of those 'new thread, almost there, BISH, junior status or banned' GIF's, to be quite honest.

If you're like 14 or something I could understand that might possess this as a legit question, but as soon the brain fully matures (+-23 y.), it's no longer a question any sensible person would ask.

White Man

No. I avoid that sort of thing which is possibly ironic considering I used to be a big fan of 70s/80s horror/gore films but I can't stand actual gore or even most of the modern realistic representations of it in movies like Saw, etc. Back in 'the day' though I loved schlocky cheeply made gore movies, especially the more camp and OTT ones.

I did see the film 'Snuff' which was released in the 80s. It's a really stupid film about of bunch of hippies (a take on the Manson family) until about 80 minutes in and then there's a scene where the makers of the hippy movie kill an actress. The end bit, the killing, was tacked on to cause controversy as it was implied it was a real killing. Of course it wasn't but the plan worked and after manufacturing some additional controversy via fake protests in New York the movie went on to some notoriety and minor success in the days of the early home video boom and particularly during the 'video nasty' period in the UK.
It was dumb and not very entertaining whereas another similarly marketed movie called 'Last House on Dead End Street' is an absolute RIOT of a movie, one of the most ineptly made things I've ever seen, absolutely unfathomable but thoroughly entertaining.

I can probably use some recs from you. <3 Last House on Dead End Street <3

totowhoa

Banned
Kind of off topic, but I was reading the "snuff film" entry on Wikipedia and I stumbled on a link to Armin Meiwes. I never heard about it, but I guess he was a German guy who videotaped himself killing and eating a volunteer that he met on an internet forum called the Cannibal Cafe (video has not been released). The site is now defunct, but the archive is really creepy and weird. Lots of people exchanging information to eat and be eaten by others.

Once stumbled upon this forum that was full of people sharing pictures of crime scenes and videos where people were getting killed and the like.

Their most popular thread was one about this girl who starved herself and cut herself up and took pictures and it was pretty awful.

...Yeah. I was out of there pretty quick.

Troll

Banned
Once stumbled upon this forum that was full of people sharing pictures of crime scenes and videos where people were getting killed and the like.

Their most popular thread was one about this girl who starved herself and cut herself up and took pictures and it was pretty awful.

...Yeah. I was out of there pretty quick.

The worst that I had actually watched a little of was the pain Olympics. :-/

I've managed to avoid them, so far. The only filmed death I've ever witnessed was the video of those russian boys that jumped off a bridge.

The thought of torture is far too gross for me to stomach.

Something about it is definitely appealing, I must admit. When I was younger I used to stare at Rotten and stileproject for long periods of time in disgust and just couldn't look away.

White Man

For people checking out the Budd shot, make sure you get the full version of the video that shows the blood pouring out of his face. A lot of the versions of it cut out quickly after the shooting, even some that show the body hitting the ground cut out before the face footage.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
For people checking out the Budd shot, make sure you get the full version of the video that shows the blood pouring out of his face. A lot of the versions of it cut out quickly after the shooting, even some that show the body hitting the ground cut out before the face footage.

What the fuck.

You should watch the documentary on snuff films, S&MAN.

Very interesting, shows the people behind them are not all crazy. Obviously not real snuff films.

None of us has seen a snuff film. Unless there are some super creepy rich dudes on this forum. Why go out of your way to use a term like snuff instead of "death video" or "gore video"? Snuff has a specific meaning.

Man, has GAF been in a morbid phase or what? It's been next level shit that puts Gaborn to shame for the last month or so.

This is what I mean. Nobody here has watched an actual snuff film. They cost tons of money and aren't circulated for free. Gore videos aren't snuff.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
There was that guy who got beheaded on film by terrorists not long after 9/11. If I recall, it showed them cutting his head off and holding it in front of the camera. I never saw it nor do I ever want to, that poor man, but I do remember it making the rounds and hearing a lot about it. That would be the closest I could think of as a real "snuff film".

Edit: Not a snuff film, but seeing that guy people here dub as "split face" was enough for me. That was horrendous and wish I never saw that. :|

Nope. Nopenopenopenope. Just reading about that Canadian cannibal dude ruined my day.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a wuss, but I'd rather be a wuss than completely desensitized to this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom