• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog Just Stares At Wall After His Rescue Fell Through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

I don't have a dog but i love animals this just breaks my heart this doggie had a new home but was brought back very fast and now he is so so sad :(

1014454_1117965551582093_401680020644632652_n.jpg

Hate to see any pup so sad and depressed. March is at ACCT Philly and needs rescuing.

10649790_1117965548248760_4001498694173048482_n.jpg

March is so depressed in his kennel Can anyone give him a forever home?

Link

More at the link and hopefully he will get a better home and a loving family.

Unicorn

WTFFFFF

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story stated March was on his way to a forever home with a family. He was, in fact, pulled from the shelter by a rescue.

Wait, not so cruel?

ElRenoRaven

Poor little guy. I really hate that. I wish I had an endless supply of money. I'd adopt every damn dog on the planet.

Nokterian

Why was he brought back?

Here is a piece of the article.

A dog doesn't get many signs that things aren't working out with his family.

One minute, it seems like things are going all right. There's food. Humans. Maybe even a loving caress here and there.

The next moment he's in the strange, steely environment of an animal shelter bombarded with bustle and noise. Yet achingly alone.

But it's hard for a dog not to recognize when he's being rescued from that place.

He was rescued from another shelter had a family for the moment but looks like that family decided not to take him and he went to another shelter instead..very heartbreaking.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
next dog i get will most certainly be a rescue. but i'm very particular about what kind of dog i want to get, so i think it would feel bad being "choosy" when almost any dog I'd be looking at requires rescuing just as much as the next.

G.ZZZ

That's why i probably never gonna have dogs. The idea of there being a chance of me having to leave it for some reason just kill me. When i'll get older i'll probably get one from a shelter, why people go out and buy them when so many are abandoned i'll never known. You have the possibility of saving one , why would you .... for vanity?

I've always had rescue dogs and it's always rough the first week or so until they settle down, but I could never send a dog back after I've agreed to home it that's just cruel.

DOWN

Banned
Wait so a family just was trying to stop him from getting Euthanized so they took him home and brought him to a different shelter?

That's why i probably never gonna have dogs. The idea of there being a chance of me having to leave it for some reason just kill me. When i'll get older i'll probably get one from a shelter, why people go out and buy them when so many are abandoned i'll never known. You have the possibility of saving one , why would you .... for vanity?

Well, I think it's alright, if you're young, to buy a puppy from a reputable breeder. Raising a dog from puppyhood is a special experience. But I think every subsequent dog should be adopted from a shelter or a rescue, because dogs are wonderful things and don't deserve to be without a warm family.

Fitts

I... uh... didn't know what to expect when I clicked on this thread for some reason. I'm welling up.

I'm gonna go hug my dog now.

what's the worst that could happen? your cat would get used to it.

He has spent time around my parents dog. He just stays upstairs, while the dog is downstairs. He is a crazy attached cat. He comes running to the door when he hears our car or the garage door open and wants to play fetch with hair ties or sit on our laps constantly. He would not handle a dog being around that kept him away from being around us 24/7 like he is now.

We've had him since he was a kitten and we found him as a stray. He was super easy to litter box train and never goes outside of his litter box UNLESS you piss him off. We can't leave him alone for more than 24 hours tops, or he'll let you know you fucked up. Last time we left him alone over night, shortly after we got home he hopped up on the couch, and just started intensely staring at me. And I'm just looking at him, wondering what the fuck he's doing, and start hearing pouring water, and realize he is just fucking glaring at me and pissing on the couch. He's fucking nuts.

There was one week where I was out of town while my wife was in school. So, he was home alone a lot all week. He wound up getting a fucking kidney stone. It's the only one he's ever had, and the vet claims it's possible it was from the "stress" of being left alone more than he's use to.

jts

...hate me...
It's really disheartening that dogs like him have to live such rough lives yet many many people choose to buy dogs instead.
And many more choose to not have a dog at all, when they could have one. Or they have one and could have two. Etc.

What are you doing for this dog?

So.. the entire gene line is spoiled and had a hive mind to attack babies. So.

Even though they are ranked in the ukc for being family companions.

It's quite reasonable to point out that when they DO go bad, though - which is a possibility in any dog, no matter how you raise it - they are able to do MUCH more damage than most dogs, precisely because of the physical features bred into them. Most pit bulls are wonderful dogs, but I don't blame anyone who is uncomfortable with the risk they present, especially if they have young kids that might not know how to respect a dog's boundaries.

And many more choose to not have a dog at all, when they could have one. Or they have one and could have two. Etc.

What are you doing for this dog?

Not that one but all my dogs and cats have been rescues or taken right from the street. I also happen to live in a place where dogs are abandoned very frequently, at least ten or so dogs every summer, and i've found homes for some of them too.

Bilix

All the more tragic that it doesn't have a loving family to raise it right and give it company. Pit Bulls are amazingly empathetic dogs.

...which can be one of the sweetest and most affectionate and sensitive breeds. GTFO.

And what's your excuse?

Let's not jump to conclusions. Sadly, many apartments don't allow pit bulls. It's also hard to find people to take care of or walk a pit bull if you're away from the house a lot.

Edit: It is kind of a shitty drive-by comment though.

Is that a doggie cot? They have little raised beds? It looks like jail. This shit hurts my soul. I volunteer at a shelter that deals with cruelty cases and it is all heart breaking. Last week we got a new dog that was taken from a puppy mill. She was bred so much. She had 12 pups soon after arriving. By day 3 when i was there 10 were left. I took a pic of the pile o puppies and they warmed my soul. They kept dying from some awful puppy fading syndrome and yesterday there was one left. The mom is devastated and so are all of us. The mom had to have emergency surgwry for a uterus that wouldnt close from so much breeding. I seriously want the people responsible to not be on this planet.

Please PhillyGaf help this sweetheart.

Madness

It's really disheartening that dogs like him have to live such rough lives yet many many people choose to buy dogs instead.

I don't understand this sentiment. There's millions of kids that need to be adopted as well so why have your own kids.

I donate every month to my local SPCA and love animals so much and love dogs. But I don't get why I cannot choose my own pet, buy him as a puppy or a specific breed all because there are other assholes in the world abandoning their pets and these pets are struggling at shelters. Let people live their lives without having to shame every thing they do just because you don't like it. Want to adopt, adopt. Want to get a specific breed, get one from a reputable breeder and love your pet. Don't abandon them. Maybe pet ownership should be regulated more strongly then. Make pet licenses and registration mandatory.

This whole scenario was likely triggered by moron dog owners who should never have owned a dog.

The most important kind of law that needs to be passed is a license is required to own a pet. Not all pet owners are perfect, but the ones that fill up animal shelters because their toy was misbehaving or "wasn't ready for the responsibility" deserve to be fined to hell and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom