• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump says "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So let me get this straight, y'all just gonna listen to "i got to church and this is how they say it sometimes!" guy and "i was raised catholic and heard it all the time!" guy and totally blow off how fucking stupid Trump sounded? Like we all didn't hear the kids at Liberty laughing at him.

mmmmmmmhmmmmmm

Donald ++++ Respect for never reading the Bible.

Seriously

I feel better knowing that Trump isn't religious.

Cruz shall not pass

PS: what the hell is a Corinthian anyway?

legend166

Donald ++++ Respect for never reading the Bible.

Seriously

I feel better knowing that Trump isn't religious.

Cruz shall not pass

PS: what the hell is a Corinthian anyway?

Corinthians were (are) the inhabitants of the city of Corinth. The 'books' of First and Second Corinthians are actually letters that were written to the Corinthians in the first century.

Edit: Oops, typo.

Makai

Corinthians were (are) the inhabitants of the city of Corinthians. The 'books' of First and Second Corinthians are actually letters that were written to the Corinthians in the first century.
He said To Corinthians.

tumblr_ns5j2eNl9U1t96ibro1_500.gif

atr0cious

Former Catholic here. If you think it's "Two Corinthians" and not "Second", it's because you don't go to Church and were just reading off some notes someone else had prepared for you.

99b64033c435c4af7b5cbeeb14846e85.jpg

I admit, I saw this sound bite on the news, and almost hopped out of my seat in offense, and I haven't read a bible in years. If any thing will stink enough for the Christian right, I think it might be this.

Volimar

Corinthians were (are) the inhabitants of the city of Corinth. The 'books' of First and Second Corinthians are actually letters that were written to the Corinthians in the first century.

Edit: Oops, typo.

Aww, you edited before I could correct you. You ruined my day.

something that you protestants need to know about 99% of Catholics....... we don't go to Church, we never read the bible, we just like the feasts and the days off

platakul

Banned
honestly shook people say 2nd corinthians? what is this

when refering to Shakespeare plays like 2 Henry 6

are you saying two henry six
or henry the sixth part 2
or the second henry play starring henry the sixth

say as written i say. Two Henry Six wherein plots are made and the boy king is screwed over.

Joni

I blame 'King James'. If you simplify Second Epistle to the Corinthians to 2 Corinthians, then saying Two Corinthians is correct.
I only know the King James bible, I don't know what the common US version is nowadays

xenist

Former Catholic here. If you think it's "Two Corinthians" and not "Second", it's because you don't go to Church and were just reading off some notes someone else had prepared for you.

99b64033c435c4af7b5cbeeb14846e85.jpg

Bingo!

Please come by the front desk for your prize.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
something that you protestants need to know about 99% of Catholics....... we don't go to Church, we never read the bible, we just like the feasts and the days off

That would explain why you never see any cathlic churches outside the historic ones.

I guess you catholics just can't understand that all the torturous restrictions like going to church every Sunday is exactly what makes the times when you're not restricting yourself feel so great.

glow

Banned
Maybe the penguins at catholic school taught me wrong. It could very well only be "second Corinthians"

We also love popes but don't give a damn what they say! We are are really bad at our religion.

kmag

Waiting for Trump to concoct some story about starting the road to coming to Jesus during this long campaign. Nothing specific just a general hint that he's starting to realise Jesus is for him. You know stuff which will get your average hardcore christian hard.

Concept17

I admit, I saw this sound bite on the news, and almost hopped out of my seat in offense, and I haven't read a bible in years. If any thing will stink enough for the Christian right, I think it might be this.

It would make sense. I mean blatant racism and all the other horrible shit he spouts hasn't changed people's minds, but insult religion? how dare he.

eznark

Banned
Jesuit high school and college.

I've definitely heard the all the books referenced this way.

The high school priest always said it this way except for during mass, if I recall correctly. He was cool Nigerian dude though and didn't give a whole lot of fucks about doctrine.

eznark

Banned
Two people complained about this on something called Yik Yak and someone writes a story about it! The world is an amazing place.

And this clown thinks Hell is a forbidden word on a university that probably makes its attendees read the bible 20% of the day?? Sick journalism!

andycapps

I think most Protestants realize this, but it's also true for them as well. Easter and Christmas only churchgoers are very common.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I went to catholic school and honestly lots of people said Two Corinthians or "second letter to the Corinthians".

"2 Timothy" is also common. What kind of lame ass controversy is this, srsly.

People into politics need gotcha verbal slip-ups. They find it hilarious. I just remember all not funny "binders of women" memes from last election. I really think if you get into following politics you lose all sense of what is funny.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's funny is that all these Trump haters get on his case about every little dumb thing he does (like the issue at hand), and all that does is give him free press. The guy is masterful at using the media to his advantage, and for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom