• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Shadow playing in eu. Secret.shadow Kreygasm og.shadow???

Jabz playing eu

EE unfilled everybody lul nowwut reddits

I played non-ranked games.

damn...I read that as int ranked..dunno check your behavior score, maybe you are being matched with assholes or are playing at a time only assholes play

The same could be said for a lot of factors really. Maybe you're on tilt, maybe you're just playing badly that day for no particularly reason, maybe you're stuck on a hero you're extremely uncomfortable with somehow.

While I understand the idea and advantages by an MMR reset, or "seasons", if you will, I don't think it's necessary. Sure, sometimes a bad player can ruin a game, but it happens less often than you think. Many games with a bad player/intentional feeder/whatever are totally winnable. Yes, it sucks that you got saddled with that on your team, and I get that it's frustrating.

In the specific example of someone that hasn't played in a while and might be rusty to all the changes, help them out. Tell them "Oh you should get Aghs on AM, he got an Aghs last year and it's really good" other things like that. I guarantee you that even a rusty player will still have some idea how to play the game, and is totally different than a new player.

The MMR system is fine as it is for the most part. It's not perfect, but it is still a good measure of skill. You play better, your MMR will improve.

Personally I just need to play more solo games. I don't play them that often.

Right but what does that have to do with taking a year out? there needs to be some MMR decay whilst away from the game. Playing unranked still shows you are active in the game, I mean not playing dota for a significant portion of time should have some decay in both hidden and visible mmrs

Edit: Or just play unranked until you are comfortable to play ranked...but i can understand why ppl would avoid unranked.

manfestival

Yup.

If they got shadow and faith Bian hypu

image.php

you should get a piece of text telling you you've registered

When I registered I got the message, and when I go to the page my data is all filled with only a "edit" button there, but still. It makes me anxious that I don't really have any kind of direct confirmation they got everything right.
And apparently they don't even email you when they send the Aegis? With how terrible my customs are, I'll probably get it 6 months after everyone.

shira

When I registered I got the message, and when I go to the page my data is all filled with only a "edit" button there, but still. It makes me anxious that I don't really have any kind of direct confirmation they got everything right.
And apparently they don't even email you when they send the Aegis? With how terrible my customs are, I'll probably get it 6 months after everyone.

From the stories I've read on r/dota2 they don't give a tracking number or require signature pickup.

Good luck
charm_facepalm.gif

J2d

Is vanguard into maelstrom/ mjolnir ok when playing specter? I dislike not having something to sustain me and I feel like I need something to farm with after that..

Is vanguard into maelstrom/ mjolnir ok when playing specter? I dislike not having something to sustain me and I feel like I need something to farm with after that..

I like hood -> radiance. radiance is an amazing item on her.
if you need attack speed get AC instead of mjolnir imo. the armor + HP talents + dispersion is too good.

This is the most interesting and engaged I've been in DOTA since it spammed my inventory with beta invites. It's a shame the quest system is going to disappear, it added some meaning and fun to the game.

Hylian7

I've seen it done, but not sure how good it is. It seems like a worse deal to me because Spectre is more stats and HP than raw attack speed. Iron Talon + Vanguard is usually pretty good to keep you going. It's mostly about staying off the grid and finding safe farm all over the map. I personally like Radiance, because it has team fight impact and your farm goes from 0-90 almost instantly. Having stat items or HP items in that slot provides more value IMO.

Vanguard goes a long way, and can be turned into Abyssal later.

Edit: what mono said too, but I prefer Vanguard over good just because you have easier time tanking ancients with it.

Fuchsdh

This is the most interesting and engaged I've been in DOTA since it spammed my inventory with beta invites. It's a shame the quest system is going to disappear, it added some meaning and fun to the game.

It'd be nice if they turned it into a persistent thing, tying it into the milestones/level system, but then it wouldn't particularly encourage people to buy a Compendium. I suspect it also leads to worse games as people go for the quest achievements.

It'd be nice if they turned it into a persistent thing, tying it into the milestones/level system, but then it wouldn't particularly encourage people to buy a Compendium. I suspect it also leads to worse games as people go for the quest achievements.

Oh that's a fair point, thankfully most of the time they happened as a buy product of playing. Although I know a few times I miss a stepped chasing an item for a quest SHIVA'S GUARD.

Fuchsdh

Oh that's a fair point, thankfully most of the time they happened as a buy product of playing. Although I know a few times I miss a stepped chasing an item for a quest SHIVA'S GUARD.

They're definitely better this year than they were last year, where basically all the achievements had to be completed in a single game as opposed to having multiple victories and some of the requirements were stricter. I know I definitely threw some games and made them worse for my teammates because of it. My MMR tanked in the process, so that was an incentive to not screw up people's games this time. This year I was able to basically just play my usual three heroes and get almost all of them.

The problem at this point is probably the daily hero challenges. So many people chase after a measly 100 compendium points they will pick heroes they have never used... in ranked.

52club

On Spec I've found Boots->Ring of Health->Phase Boots->Vanguard->Diffusal...sure radiance is great, but you need a lot of space to farm it. Since they nerfed the jungle once, you get diffusal (or even with the diffusal build up) you should be in a better position to get kills with your ult. Then you decide where to go next...

The problem at this point is probably the daily hero challenges. So many people chase after a measly 100 compendium points they will pick heroes they have never used... in ranked.

Oh man, I did most of the risque ones in unranked! The 60 wards one I did in unranked and ranked, as that was a natural gameplay element for how I play anyway.

J2d

I like hood -> radiance. radiance is an amazing item on her.
if you need attack speed get AC instead of mjolnir imo. the armor + HP talents + dispersion is too good.
I've seen it done, but not sure how good it is. It seems like a worse deal to me because Spectre is more stats and HP than raw attack speed. Iron Talon + Vanguard is usually pretty good to keep you going. It's mostly about staying off the grid and finding safe farm all over the map. I personally like Radiance, because it has team fight impact and your farm goes from 0-90 almost instantly. Having stat items or HP items in that slot provides more value IMO.

Vanguard goes a long way, and can be turned into Abyssal later.

Edit: what mono said too, but I prefer Vanguard over good just because you have easier time tanking ancients with it.
The reason I brought up Mjolnir is that even though radiance seems obligatory on specter the dota wiki says that it scales better than radiance and obviously is a bit easier to go for.

I'll try hood and vanguard out a couple of times and see what I like better but as you said, it does build into abyssal which is quite nice but ifs a heavy magic lineup on the enemy team then maybe hood can have its uses, thanks!

bounchfx

alright, a friend and I have been busting our butts for a long time to make this happen, but we're finally ready to share it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZBwE4lkJ7I

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111669727

I know they're likely to be very divisive, but I think they're pretty fun. We actually had several designs drafted that I was excited about, but the sheer amount of time it took to make this pretty much means it's rather unlikely for us to do another full set of these. I also learned SFM specifically to show these guys off as well as I was able, freakin' sfm, haha. It's pretty neat.
Hope you guys dig! thanks for looking :)

i miss you guys, my schedule has been fucked but hopefully I can start playing dotes more soon, just a couple other projects to get through.

alright, a friend and I have been busting our butts for a long time to make this happen, but we're finally ready to share it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZBwE4lkJ7I

I know they're likely to be very divisive, but I think they're pretty fun. We actually had several designs drafted that I was excited about, but the sheer amount of time it took to make this pretty much means it's rather unlikely for us to do another full set of these. I also learned SFM specifically to show these guys off as well as I was able, freakin' sfm, haha. It's pretty neat.

i miss you guys, my schedule has been fucked but hopefully I can start playing dotes more soon, just a couple other projects to get through.
>Waow!

Really impressive i wasnt aware theres was scope to customise creeps within mainline dota..is that the case?
Or did you make it for someone to use in custom games?

bounchfx

>Waow!

Really impressive i wasnt aware theres was scope to customise creeps within mainline dota..is that the case?
Or did you make it for someone to use in custom games?

Thank you! It was... a lot. eight different character and weapon models, plus two seige engines.. whew.

they don't actually accept it officially, but we thought it would be a cool project that no one has done. We got them working for real in Dota/Source 1, but then when they released Reborn we lost the ability to import them properly. They work in the engine, are rigged and move properly, but we just can't get them into a live game anymore. I mocked up some stuff in the video of how it would look if Valve was able to implement them. I absolutely am considering just releasing the source files for the Dota modding community to use and put them in custom games, but I want to see the community and Valve's reaction beforehand.

I will say this, despite all the bad press DOTA2 gets for having a bunch of aggro freaks who think they're all top tier players, I've played with some really nice players over the last month or so. Some have took time out to teach me a few things about the game, just little pointers that make things better, and also terms that seem popular in the game.

That's not to say I haven't had my fair share of games where two people have spent 15 minutes fighting each other over who will be mid. MMR 500 club is pretty fun otherwise, totally chill.

god damn! thats really cool
bc_100.gif
bc_100.gif
bc_check.gif
bc_check.gif
bc_check.gif
bc_check.gif

JoeInky

Those custom creeps make me want a frog hero.

I'm looking forward to the pangolins voice lines.

I'm guessing his character is basically going to be pepe le pew, he has a loveheart on his chestplate, he's a fencer and he has a stereotypical french accent with a dainty hat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Are you planning to put the models out there so customer game makers could use them? Those are pretty cool, would like to see them get some use.

shira

It's too bad this wasn't ready for TI7. IceFrog surely would have added this for the water theme
bc_frog.gif

bounchfx

Are you planning to put the models out there so customer game makers could use them? Those are pretty cool, would like to see them get some use.

I'm definitely open for it, gonna wait and see how it goes first, but perhaps in a couple weeks, I would need to talk to my friend and get his input too.

It's too bad this wasn't ready for TI7. IceFrog surely would have added this for the water theme
bc_frog.gif

Haha, I was really hoping it would be done for TI5 to be honest! but, lots of things came up. TI7 would have been perfect for it but schedules did not allow. We actually had one other design that would have been totally perfect for this TI, I'll ask if I can share it.

god damn! thats really cool
bc_100.gif
bc_100.gif
bc_check.gif
bc_check.gif
bc_check.gif
bc_check.gif
thank you <3

shira

https://redd.it/6tworz said:
Expiration date of Artifacts has been changed to September 18, 2017 to match the expiration of the Battle Pass.
Expiration date of the TI7 Player Cards has been changed to September 18, 2017.
Expiration date of the TI7 River Vials has been changed to September 18, 2017.

Economy Updates
Dota 2 Store
The International 2017 Battle Pass, Levels & The International 2017 Collector's cache cannot be purchased anymore.

Patch up

Quonny

did someone say nb3

tumblr_oho8tspHaf1u55q7oo1_500.gif

get outta my jungle ya kappa
cy@
omg this annie is such a boosted animal
oh tilted! tilted! runnin' it down mid!
embrace your inner weeb
pop a molly
holy fishmole
i dont wanna say anything but [says something anyway]