• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Fuchsdh

Just jumped 5 compendium levels, I'm guessing they applied prediction rewards.

Can't wait to see what the market rate for all these immortals I've got lying around are in a year.

I have gathered that NB3 is actually RTZ.

NB3 is like EE in that he's Anime but he's not like EE in that when I hear EE talking I don't want to rip my ears off. He used to be an educational streamer before he went 1000% meme streamer.

I really want to see how the teams shake out after TI. Roster changes are the most exciting part of any major 'end of season'-type tournament.

shira

NB3 is like EE in that he's Anime but he's not like EE in that when I hear EE talking I don't want to rip my ears off. He used to be an educational streamer before he went 1000% meme streamer.

I really want to see how the teams shake out after TI. Roster changes are the most exciting part of any major 'end of season'-type tournament.

So singsing is a better comparison?

alright, a friend and I have been busting our butts for a long time to make this happen, but we're finally ready to share it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZBwE4lkJ7I

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111669727

I know they're likely to be very divisive, but I think they're pretty fun. We actually had several designs drafted that I was excited about, but the sheer amount of time it took to make this pretty much means it's rather unlikely for us to do another full set of these. I also learned SFM specifically to show these guys off as well as I was able, freakin' sfm, haha. It's pretty neat.
Hope you guys dig! thanks for looking :)

i miss you guys, my schedule has been fucked but hopefully I can start playing dotes more soon, just a couple other projects to get through.

bump for bounch
chuckle.gif

Twookie

Most recent NB3 video. If you can make it past the intro you're a better person than me.

Sing^2 is infinitely more bearable than NB3.

dc is going to disband or its going to be bulba only + 4 new

Damn, nightblue is even more annoying than I remembered him being, and wow he really is hammerin in that he's a weeb.

Glad I stopped watching his stream ages ago, somehow he even got worse.

Twookie

lol there's way no sumail is leaving eg for mason

it's just them fooling the ingame tag system by changing team tags...

Mason has frequently changed his team tag to EG.mason despite not actually being on EG

Can't believe that's a thread tbh

Yazzees

god im sorry but what the hell is with people having like 5000 matches played and still being 2k

go watch some purge videos you animals

t. 3k ape

Chris R

I noticed the Mr.S thing in game on the player cards bit today.

I'm gonna BabyRage if Sumail leaves EG after I just handed them some of my hard earned $$$ with a new mouse purchase :<

god im sorry but what the hell is with people having like 5000 matches played and still being 2k

go watch some purge videos you animals

t. 3k ape

Awesome, I got 4200 matches to gitgud

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reading that EE interview on reddit, it looks like C9 got slightly screwed by the way the groups were drawn. OG was their main scrim partner, and their first group stage match. The way OG drafted basically communicated to other teams how to draft against the 'best' strategies C9s prepared for TI.

Do you still get drops in this game? I haven't played in quite a while until recently and played a number of games and haven't gotten anything afterwards...just wondering if it's still a thing since it seems a lot has changed since last I played.

Hylian7

I was thinking about that rumor about the Aghs rework. Maybe this has been answered already (I can't find the rumored patch notes for some reason), but what happens to Aghs like Alch? They can't really give him an ability for that, unless they just want to make an exception there and keep it the same. I'm also guessing that heroes that already do gain additional abilities would just keep their old Aghs? This would include stuff like Ogre Magi.

I would think there would also be major balance issues, but I'm sure those would be worked out somehow. Ones that come to mind are Anti-Mage having built-in Aghs just by leveling up seems a bit broken to me. Same would probably go for Medusa or Lone Druid.

That rumor could very well be plausible though, but there have been times where there were rumored patch notes in the past that turned out to be false, then some ideas from them came back later. See the one about Iron Branches left on the ground after 5 minutes become a tree, and then we got being able to plant a tree with them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was thinking about that rumor about the Aghs rework. Maybe this has been answered already (I can't find the rumored patch notes for some reason), but what happens to Aghs like Alch? They can't really give him an ability for that, unless they just want to make an exception there and keep it the same. I'm also guessing that heroes that already do gain additional abilities would just keep their old Aghs? This would include stuff like Ogre Magi.

I would think there would also be major balance issues, but I'm sure those would be worked out somehow. Ones that come to mind are Anti-Mage having built-in Aghs just by leveling up seems a bit broken to me. Same would probably go for Medusa or Lone Druid.

That rumor could very well be plausible though, but there have been times where there were rumored patch notes in the past that turned out to be false, then some ideas from them came back later. See the one about Iron Branches left on the ground after 5 minutes become a tree, and then we got being able to plant a tree with them.
I would assume Alch's ability to buy teammates scepters would become a tallent.

AM's Aghs could be an alternative Level 25 talent, and replace +25 Agility. I would say if true, a lot of the scepter abilities passives be pushed onto level 21 or 25 talents.

Reso? Pretty sure he's getting alot of offers due to his performance on TI.

Reso is the obvious choice. He basically lifted Empire from probably 12th-16th (maybe even 17th-18th) to a Top 10 team. Empire was okay with Chappie, but Reso was clearly carrying them a majority of games. Big shout out to their mid player--he was pretty beast for a couple of games.

yapzor mentioned in twitter their new players are new to secret organization, so zai is definitely out
https://twitter.com/YapzOrdota/status/897708491971977220

Who is confirmed out? I assumed MP and someone else, but I can't imagine Khezu leaving and Yapz0r staying since they are pretty close and both were way better on Secret than on any other organization. I also couldn't imagine Secret being competitive without MidOne...

Twookie

Who is confirmed out? I assumed MP and someone else, but I can't imagine Khezu leaving and Yapz0r staying since they are pretty close and both were way better on Secret than on any other organization. I also couldn't imagine Secret being competitive without MidOne...

khezu and MP confirmed out

shira

Rumored Mineski team
1.Mushi
2.Nana
3.Lucifer
4.Jabz
5.NB.
IceIceice join mineski

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/6u15v0/shuffle_rumors/
Envy send request add friend for KheZzu on steam. Envy is spamming support to lead the team and not carry anymore.
Faker (RU's caster, not LOL) reveals that Secret wants Misery to join again, and PPD and Zai set up a new stack and want Misery to join them.

PPD is confirmed there's will be no Secret.Sumail LUL

Mushi will still lead Mineski with Malaysian players, including Mushi + Iceiceice + Nana + Jabz + Ninja Boogie

Meracle ( Not Miracle- ) leaves Fnatic

343 leave CompLexity

S4 confirmed will not leave OG

Matumbaman will have to go military obligations in Finland next year if he cannot hide anymore. After TI6, Matum almost obliged but still managed to escape, do not know this year as well.

Rumors of Ana leaving OG (or kick)

Resolut1on is not sure about the team because he's receiving many offers from different teams.

Cr1t tweeted the Danish flag, possibly the hint of Misery joining EG, since they both had Danish citizenship. There should be 1 player out EG in the future.

YapzOr confirmed 2 players has never play in Secret before so good bye Secret.Arteezy,Secret.Zai,Secret.Universe,...

In addition, leak information insider (type friends, acquaintances leak out) read only but not right nor wrong:
Secret - SHADOW (Wings,you guys read it right), MidOne, Moon, Yapzor, puppey
EG - rtz, sumail, uni, crit, misery
EG 2.0 (Kappa) - reso, mss, zai, fear, ppd
OG - n0tail, kpii, s4, jerax, fly
More about Shadow. Shadow in a month played 8 games in China and 205 games in EU West. At the same time, Shadow learned English too. So it would not be impossible for Shadow to join an EU team.
There are rumors MVP will reunite, because March (captain of MVP at TI5) has gone on duty troops.

2 EG players revealed at the after party as 1 EG players will leave the team. Cr1t tweet "Back to the roots" can also understand that Cr1t is back to pos4, position hit hands firmly. Misery is likely to join EG, if Zai leaves EG, then it is not a bad idea, Since Zai wants to be in Sweden better than in Germany.
Grain of NaCl plz

G.ZZZ

alright, a friend and I have been busting our butts for a long time to make this happen, but we're finally ready to share it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZBwE4lkJ7I

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111669727

I know they're likely to be very divisive, but I think they're pretty fun. We actually had several designs drafted that I was excited about, but the sheer amount of time it took to make this pretty much means it's rather unlikely for us to do another full set of these. I also learned SFM specifically to show these guys off as well as I was able, freakin' sfm, haha. It's pretty neat.
Hope you guys dig! thanks for looking :)

i miss you guys, my schedule has been fucked but hopefully I can start playing dotes more soon, just a couple other projects to get through.

This is great bounch. If i were a skinhaolic i'd buy everything you do but i spent 0 € on dota in 10 years.

Wok

Video of Sumail losing 1vs1: https://youtu.be/IbaHI38Ewws

• August 7th: beat Blitz (6.2k former pro) 3-0, Pajkatt (8.5k pro) 2-1, and CC&C (8.9k pro) 3-0. All agreed that Sumail would figure out how to beat it.
  • August 9th: beat Arteezy (10k pro, top player) 10-0. He says Sumail could figure out this bot.
  • August 10th: beat Sumail (8.3k pro, top 1v1 player) 6-0, who says it's unbeatable. Plays the Aug 9th bot, where he goes 2-1.

Wok

Bot exploits

Though Sumail called the bot “unbeatable”, it can still be confused in situations very different from what it’s seen. We set up the bot at a LAN event at The International, where players played over 1,000 games to beat the bot by any means possible.

The successful exploits fell into three archetypes:

• Creep pulling: it’s possible to repeatedly attract the lane creeps into chasing you right when they spawn (between the bot’s tier 2 and tier 3 towers). You end up with dozens of creeps chasing you around the map, and eventually the bot’s tower dies via attrition.
  • Orb of venom + wind lace: this gives you a big movement speed advantage over the bot at level 1 and allows for a quick first blood. You need to exploit this head start to kill the bot one more time.
  • Level 1 raze: this requires a lot of skill, but several 6-7k MMR players were able to kill the bot at level 1 by successfully hitting 3-5 razes in a short span of time.

Fixing these issues for 1v1 would be similar to fixing the Pajkatt bug. But for 5v5, such issues aren’t exploits at all, and we’ll need a system which can handle totally weird and wacky situations it’s never seen.

Reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246267660

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess I undervalued how much unique coloured effects were worth, really thought they would have similar pricing to last year.

Top Bottom