• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 2 - first screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Someone tell Bioware that Directx 9 came out.

Shrinnan

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Aug 3, 2007
The first screen looks nice, the second one not so much.

:/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
It will look gorgeous in game, I would assume. You can't zoom in this much ingame.

EDIT: Wait a second, for SOME reason I thought this was Dungeon Siege III... n/m -_-

V_Ben

Banned
May 8, 2009
I think its looking good. The art style looks more stylized. Looks like that ground texture is missing a pass :lol

edit: jesus. those comparisons made me put my glasses on :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oct 22, 2006
What the fuck is this shit, i dont even.

Witcher 2 is gonna pummel the living fuck out of this
when it comes to visuals

Ashkeloth

Oct 30, 2009
Coming soon on Nintendo 64?

Kidding. These are probably alpha or pre-alpha screens and should be considered as much. Also, if the game has as much content as the original, you can see why they would need to tone down the graphics a bit.

Of course, if this game is going to pull a Mass Effect 2 and get all railroad on us, I hope for much better graphics by the time of release.

Zenith

Banned
Feb 17, 2006

I know it's just because the armour is made of flat panels but all those pointy triangles making up the legs and arms made me think it was Die by the Sword.

Mrbob

Jun 7, 2004
EviLore said:
Someone tell Bioware that Directx 9 came out.
:lol

Yeah I thought Bioware claimed this was going to be a big upgrade over the first one graphically?

Gravijah

Dec 7, 2008
Florida
Ashkeloth said:
Coming soon on Nintendo 64?

Kidding. These are probably alpha or pre-alpha screens and should be considered as much. Also, if the game has as much content as the original, you can see why they would need to tone down the graphics a bit.

Of course, if this game is going to pull a Mass Effect 2 and get all railroad on us, I hope for much better graphics by the time of release.
You can say you're kidding, but I still want to punch you.

Combine

Banned
Oct 9, 2004
I really don't like the look of the main character at all. (to be fair, not a fan of the Dragon Age style and setting at all either)

Garret (The Witcher) looks so much more badass in either of his games

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
May 6, 2006
The Hawke character looks okay, but the rest is downright nasty.

This shit is lame.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jun 6, 2004
Second image looks awful and the darkspawn look like garbage.

Pooya

Aug 12, 2009
Looks same as the original PC version to me, textures are same quality at least, Lighting is somehow bland and bad overall IMO,

Alex

Jun 7, 2004
Why even release these empty, early shots?

Thankfully at least folks will be smart enough to realize the final version will obviously look a lot better, as this looks worse than the original by a gigantic clip at the moment.

*reads thread*

Well, maybe they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.