• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 2 - first screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Linkzg said:
I haven't seen Dragon Age on consoles, but would anyone say that version and these shots are comparable? Only judging from the maxed out PC version, this looks baaaaaaaaaad
2wqvi0y.jpg

Jerk

Banned
Chris_C said:
PC Fanboy brigade needs to stand down, there are multiplatform games that look a lot better than what we're seeing here. The decision to develop for consoles can't be used as an excuse.

Very true, but had it been a PC exclusive, they would not even think of releasing screens that looked like that, let alone an entire game.

With that said, yeah. Multiplatform is not an excuse.

I pray that these are extremely early.

DogWelder

firehawk12 said:
Christ, you'd think someone would look at the screens before sending them off.
The clipping issue was present in DA:O as well. That's like the least of the problems with these screens. :lol

Zeliard

EviLore said:
Developing for PC:

*Witcher 2 hotness*

Developing for multiplatform:

*Dragon Age 2 ugliness*

It doesn't particularly bode well when you look at these shots and what Bioware also has in store gameplay-wise for DA2. They seem to clearly be heading in the direction of "consoles first, PC second", as opposed to the opposite, as it was with the first Dragon Age.

Zakkath

zoku88 said:
Probably not as long of a time as you think it is.

Maybe, but there's no way Bioware would make the sequel look worse than the first game. I remember people complaining about a presentation of ME2 during GDC that was using pre-alpha engines and the game looked gorgeous when it came out less than a year after that. I don't worry one bit for DA2.

FrankT

Zakkath said:
So much hate... The game won't be out for at least another 8 or 9 months.

Not really hating but with this kind of talk ya kind of want your first batch of screens to represent said hotness;

"I think one of the key things we're working on in Dragon Age 2 is the technology," BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk recently told Joystiq. "I can confirm that we're doing a lot of work on the Dragon Age engine, and doing a lot of stuff to pump it -- to make it visually super hot."

StUnNeR H2K

Even if it looks that bad.... I'll still buy it. The first one was a great experience, and visuals don't mean anything if the gameplay sucks.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Jtyettis said:
Not really hating but with this kind of talk ya kind of want your first batch of screens to represent said hotness;
Exactly. When the very first news that comes out about a game is the founder of the company talking up its graphical "hotness" it had better deliver. That said i dont care about the graphics.. its the gameplay stuff that has me worried.

EazyB

Banned
As someone whose 2009 GOTY was DA:O for the consoles, this looks like utter shit. Nothing about this sequel sounds like an improvement to me.

I was expecting a major graphical and style overhaul.

It manages to look worse than the first and the style hasn't really changed much except everything doesn't look shiny as hell.

I was expecting more like the changes seen in Borderlands... that was a major overhaul, IMO.

Well... I'm not as much of a graphics whore as I used to be - here's hoping they just make combat a bit more streamlined and STEADY the damn framerate out on console versions.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jesus Wept, those screenshots are terrible. Console version or no those pictures are embarrassing.

Dragon Age 2 will end up looking much better than this, even on the consoles, so why the hell even release pictures while the game is in such a shambolic state? I mean look at the ground textures on both shots, I can find textures from Deus Ex that look sharper.

Stop It said:
Jesus Wept, those screenshots are terrible. Console version or no those pictures are embarrassing.

Dragon Age 2 will end up looking much better than this, even on the consoles, so why the hell even release pictures while the game is in such a shambolic state? I mean look at the ground textures on both shots, I can find textures from Deus Ex that look sharper.

After seeing games like Gears 2 and Uncharted 2 on consoles - I really hope Bioware is just messing with us. >.<

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Given how good DA and ME2 look on PC, I'm going to trust they'll bring the graphics in line. The real worry is how bland and ugly the world and art style look in those screenshots. If this were a new franchise, I'd have zero interest in playing it based off of those two shots.

How can they produce a sequel with worse graphics than the original? Human only,worse graphics and a single storyline only, Bioware sure are making it hard to look forward to this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
esc said:
The clipping issue was present in DA:O as well. That's like the least of the problems with these screens. :lol

Yeah, there's that. :lol

Maybe they really should just give up and just port DA to the ME engine and make it into a shooter. I mean, if Harry Potter can be a Gears of War clone then certainly DA could be that too.

Am I the only who doesn't really care that much about the visuals in a game like Dragon Age? It looks fine to me. Sure, not as good as the first one, but I don't really care. I hope there is more story, and story options than in the first one:)

Gorgon

WTF is this? Final Fantasy XV or sometin?

~Kinggi~ said:
What the fuck is this shit, i dont even.

Witcher 2 is gonna pummel the living fuck out of this
when it comes to visuals

...and when it come to pretty much everything else

Anyway, this is clearly early work. I don't believe it will look this bad (although the shitty art direction will be the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom