• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC/XB1/PS4, BN/ASW, UE4, early 2018, beta Sum 2017) E3 trailer

sephi22

It seems they have a Lightning X factor type icon below their health bars which gives improved life regen. It seems to get stronger the fewer characters you have remaining. Check out Frieza's life regen when he's golden and has it activated

FSLink

Banned
When Super Dragon Ball Z tried to have a varied roster they went with Videl and Chi Chi. I could see Videl making it in, but I have no expectations for Bulma or Chi-Chi - neither has enough to base a fighting game character on, really.

Could easily see Bulma have some crazy gadgets for her.

Probably : /

At least since this is ASW we'd probably get some great single player content too for those who have no desire to go more in depth with it.

NeonZ

Although they've used quite a few attacks from Extreme Butouden as rough basis for the animations here, it seems like SSJ Goku isn't using any of SSJ God's or SSJ Blue's exclusive special attacks, which yet again points to at least one other Goku.

There is hope for One Piece. Arc System Works did "Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden" on 3DS before Dragon Ball FighterZ and on 3DS they also did "One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum".They
already worked on both franchises. So if it is a succes why not a One Piece fighter after that on consoles and PC.

The One Piece game bombed though, in spite of sharing Extreme Butoden's engine and having crossplay with it. So, it actually makes it more unlikely.

NotLiquid

At first when I noticed that the Saiyan fighters start off in their super states by default I was wondering whether that meant installs weren't going to be a thing, but nope, Frieza can go Gold and I imagine the Saiyans can go Super 2/3 forms depending on who it is. That said I'm a little worried whether they're going to have roster priority and that the character focus will be on planet busters - though I kind of doubt it, I imagine this game will be heavy on the fan service.

Interesting how despite clearly being molded after Marvel, tagging in after a KO seems like it's going by KoF rules instead, and I'm not gonna front, I really prefer that. I'm not a big fan of Marvel's system of forcing a mixup/putting incoming characters into a disadvantage state after having already lost a character. Reset that shit to neutral.

Other than that I can't help but say holy shit at this footage. Game looks incredible.

jett

D-Member
18, Videl, Zangya, Helles, Vados, Pan, Towa

Chichi was a fighter. Once.

DragonBall-Capture-2-500x377.jpg

HyperHip

Ok looking closer at some footage this is 100% a fully ​fleshed out Extreme Butoden. Like there's a lot of animations from that game here and even the "wall bounce to Ki Dash" looks incredibly similar

Yup looks like a fleshed out EB, hope 18 is still a grappler she was mad fun to play in that game.

At first when I noticed that the Saiyan fighters start off in their super states by default I was wondering whether that meant installs weren't going to be a thing, but nope, Frieza can go Gold and I imagine the Saiyans can go Super 2/3 forms depending on who it is. That said I'm a little worried whether they're going to have roster priority and that the character focus will be on planet busters - though I kind of doubt it, I imagine this game will be heavy on the fan service.

Interesting how despite clearly being molded after Marvel, tagging in after a KO seems like it's going by KoF rules instead, and I'm not gonna front, I really prefer that. I'm not a big fan of Marvel's system of forcing a mixup/putting incoming characters into a disadvantage state after having already lost a character. Reset that shit to neutral.

Other than that I can't help but say holy shit at this footage. Game looks incredible.

I think the saiyans will start at ssj and Goku has ssj3 as a super. Freeza may just have his own install.

NotLiquid

Chichi was a fighter. Once.

DragonBall-Capture-2-500x377.jpg

Wonder if they could mold a playstyle out of her with something resembling Jam's moveset. With the fighters they've chosen to showcase I'm curious how projectile heavy this game is going to be - quite a lot I have to imagine.

munchie64

Wonder if they could mold a playstyle out of her with something resembling Jam's moveset. With the fighters they've chosen to showcase I'm curious how projectile heavy this game is going to be - quite a lot I have to imagine.
The game Super DBZ had a pretty fun moveset for her.

NotLiquid

Actually on the subject of this game potentially having a projectile focus, they totally have a valid excuse to bring Launch back.

Not even joking. Give her some love ArcSys. She's not about to get it elsewhere.

LiK

Young Goku would be cool altho he would be a small character and that would be a pain in the ass to fight against, I guess lol

How big is the FGC meltdown gonna be when we find out how simple the controls are later today?

There's no way they're going to make this game require guilty gear level execution to "do cool stuff."

FSLink

Banned
How big is the FGC meltdown gonna be when we find out how simple the controls are later today?

There's no way they're going to make this game require guilty gear level execution to "do cool stuff."

I mean Mahvel has really simple controls?

BlazBlue and Persona also had pretty simple control schemes. Depth can be there regardless.

Doesn't Guilty Gear already have Stylish and Regular controls?

Why can't they do both again? lol

Neoxon

Do we know if it's going to have an English VAs option? Extreme Butoden on the 3DS didn't, but Xenoverse 2 does.
Funimation is mentioned at the end of the reveal trailer, so the odds of an English dub are pretty good.

Speaking of, I think I heard English Cabba as the announcer.

J-Skee

He reacted literally the same way I did. The fact it was another Dragon Ball game, whatever. But then you start seeing that it's 2.5D & ASW is working on it & it's 3v3, then your mind starts doing things trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I'm still trying to process all of it.

Top Bottom