• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

patchday

man that sounds like an awful bug, ugh. Glad I strip my characters down butt naked before I delete them. never trusted it handled character deletion proper

I doubt the bug will be fixed and the items returned to me so i'm just thinking about nuking my save and starting again, quite annoying as I already traned with a few characters and quite a few moves unlocked....

*edit* I deleted the save, guess xenoverse will give me even more play time now!

It seems that deleting my female saiyan also messed up anything she had in use at the time :/ I can now confirm it buggered up my inventory.

One of the lower garments she was wearing is still in my inventory but the game doesn't have any model data for it so using it is like taking clothing off.

Super saiyan has vanished too, can't buy it again and can't earn it again either.

i'm kind of bummed out because when I do get around to making a saiyan again I now can't go super.

Oh that is rough...sorry to hear that. I will take that lesson though, and not delete any characters.

JMTHEFOX

I just beaten the game with a new Male Saiyan chracter
as well as the secret saga.

Now to level up my new female saiyans
and unlock SSJ4 Goku and Omega Shenron

LTTP: Just picked the game up today on PS4. Haven't really followed the game all that much, but I think I'm starting off a character from Frieza's clan. Going in blind!

Add me for future team-ups or whatnot. PSN: earvcunanan

Protome

Speaking of the third DLC, it's coming next week right?

Currently grinding Dragon Balls to redistribute my skill points on my Frieza Race character (Thermos) because I realised too late that all the gear that looks cool on that race doesn't impact the stats I want it to. Also leveling a Female Saiyan because goddammit everyone else is.

It's kind of weird to me that I'll be playing DLC based on a movie that I still can't watch. Actually maybe I should stay away from the story missions just in case...I know DBZ plot isn't that serious but still...

patchday

I don't suppose they will tweak RNG to make it easy to get things after the next dlc? Now that I've been away for a bit I wonder if I should keep it that way since they cant be bothered to improve the game even tho I'm spending additional funds

I already avoided the 2nd dlc due to this

Finally.

DRAGON_BALL_XENOVERSE_20150531101811.jpg

DRAGON_BALL_XENOVERSE_20150607134134.jpg

Even got all of the DLC Supers/Ultimates, even though they don't count towards the trophies. All I need to do are the online trophies (aside from farming with friends on some PQs, I haven't really touched online yet) and I might actually get the Platinum for this.

Still going to probably get the stuff that comes with DLC3. I've been wanting Warp Kamehameha for my CaC forever.

Seven Force, wish you were on Steam so we could get the multiplayer "revival" trophy!

I just saw that the new DLC adds in a new level cap of 99. Looks like lots more leveling to do, but I don't mind as that'll give me something to work towards as I slowly finish training with the various characters. Maybe I'll have the plat by the time a sequel is announced.

According to the guy that datamines Xenoverse DLC as it becomes available, Potential Unleashed is in fact, a skill that can be equipped now (Probably from Elder Kai)

Man, online is about to become really awesome or really broken. Everyone gets a transformation now!

Also, Perfect Kamehameha and Maiden Blast got nerfed (among other skills/Z-Souls). Dimps giveth, and Dimps taketh away.

Shauni

I finally finished up the story and PQs of the main game. Getting Gold and playing with others made those PQs pretty easy overall. I need to get the DLC now, but I think I may wait for a sale on the Season Pass. I have Splatoon and Metro Redux to play right now, so I think it's a good time for a break anyway.

Haven't tested it for myself, but apparently, with Elder Kai as your mentor, if you talk to him, and he mentions something about a golden tree and having good luck, the chances for an Ultimate Finish and Drop Rates for the next Parallel Quest you do skyrocket to damn near 100%. Interesting if true.

patchday

that would be pretty coo if they finally added a way to alleviate the vicious rng somehow. I was pumped for dlc #3 but RNG drove me away

How you guys liking dlc #3? Sounds like its out?

I mean paid DLC #3 ofc that is included in the seasonal pass

Seems okay so far. They added a new Great Ape Festival PQ, presumably to use to level grind since the level cap got raised to 99.

Haven't tried out the new characters yet, but I'm hoping to after I finish farming for the new skills. I hear one of the DLC PQs is a massive pain in the ass, though.

Edit: Okay, I see which quest now. You have to fight pretty much every form of Goku (Base, Kaioken x3, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4) and Vegeta (Base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ4), then for the Ultimate Finish, SSJ4 Gogeta, then SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta. Jesus Christ.

That the one you detailed a few posts up, or another one?

Yeah, that one. It may have been because I was Level 86 (Goku and Vegeta are both at Level 97 for that quest, making me woefully underleveled) Both of them hit like trucks in their SS4 forms, Gogeta loves spamming 100x Big Bang Kamehameha, and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta are nightmares with three bars of health each. Nevermind the fact that Goku has an ultimate that positions him right in front of you, giving him free damage on you if you're distracted by Vegeta.

Managed to beat it thanks to dumb luck, though. Incidentally, I talked to Elder Kai beforehand and he mentioned the Golden Tree thing I mentioned a few posts back. He said I should go to a parallel quest immediately, which I ended up doing. When I finished, well...

I got both of the quest's Z-Souls and both Ultimates. So yeah, if you get that message from Elder Kai, you pretty much get a 100% drop rate on everything in the next PQ you do.

Thank god, because I never, ever, ever want to play that parallel quest again.

Shauni

Hm, I wonder, does that Elder Kai thing work with any PQ, or just the new ones? Because if it's every PQ, holy shit, that is straight up awesome. I could actually see myself trying to get all the moves and 100% the game if that were the case.

Shauni

Anyone ever figure out a way to make new/different mentors show up in the city more frequently?

Pretty sure it's random. The best method is going into an offline PQ, and then exited out of it on the character selection screen. When you do this, it reloads the plaza. It can be tedious but eventually you'll get the master you want

Pretty sure it's random. The best method is going into an offline PQ, and then exited out of it on the character selection screen. When you do this, it reloads the plaza. It can be tedious but eventually you'll get the master you want

Oh okay, I've never tried this. Only have a few mentors left to knock out, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

patchday

Hm, I wonder, does that Elder Kai thing work with any PQ, or just the new ones? Because if it's every PQ, holy shit, that is straight up awesome. I could actually see myself trying to get all the moves and 100% the game if that were the case.

yeah, I was hoping to read someone verify this too

I believe it works for any PQ. Apparently, you can soft reset for that particular messgae from him, too.

desmax

Hello everyone.

I brough the game on the latest Steam Sale, and I'm really enjoying my time with it. But I have a question.

Why can't I find any online matches (Both versus matches or parallel quests)? I see lots of people running around on the multi lobby, so I guess there's people playing this one online.

Do I need to level up some more?

mfaex

Got it at the steam sale too and I haven't seen many online PQs up either.

Btw if anyone wants to trade some of the annoying achievements (endless battle, ally rezz, gifts, etc.) please let me know.
smile.gif

NoKisum

Curious, is it still possible to buy the steelbook version anywhere? If it's only through an online retailer, that's fine.

Hello everyone.

I brough the game on the latest Steam Sale, and I'm really enjoying my time with it. But I have a question.

Why can't I find any online matches (Both versus matches or parallel quests)? I see lots of people running around on the multi lobby, so I guess there's people playing this one online.

Do I need to level up some more?

I've always had very few results when searching for existing matches/PQs. But if I create a room, people usually join within a few minutes. Maybe try that? I just played for a while and there were lots of people online.

Nordicus

Oh no, I come back after several months of not playing and what have they done to my Evil Whirlwind!? >:O

It used to be such an awesome skill that also had its weaknesses, now it's lost the super armor and the slowness makes it incredibly risky. What, did Strike Super builds get OP while I was gone? Was Evil Whirlwind sacrificed to bring down Gravity Impact and Symphonic Destruction? ... I could live with that actually

Anyway, I came back for a bit because one of my friends wanted to fight someone on same level as him, he got the thirst for a real fight after training his newbie friends.
The first recorded fight was particularly eventful and aggressive, at least when one considers how defensive I usually play with my Majin. You'll probably not find people with our builds in higher PvP rankings because we use skills that are fun to us, rather than what's the current meta... also neither of us has the DLC but let's ignore that. I got very sloppy in the following fights.

Durden77

Did they ever adjust the RNG in this game? Because that's the reason I stoppes playing months ago. With Resurrection F coming out an all, I'm hyped on DBZ again.

Did they ever adjust the RNG in this game? Because that's the reason I stoppes playing months ago. With Resurrection F coming out an all, I'm hyped on DBZ again.

I heard they increased drop rates. Don't know of its true, but anecdotally, I was getting drops and special conditions far more regularly.

They also introduced Elder Kai as a mentor in the last dlc and occasionally he'll guarantee all drops for whatever PQ you're doing

Durden77

I heard they increased drop rates. Don't know of its true, but anecdotally, I was getting drops and special conditions far more regularly.

They also introduced Elder Kai as a mentor in the last dlc and occasionally he'll guarantee all drops for whatever PQ you're doing

Oh that's neat. Did all the DLC end up being good/worth it? Might just go ahead and grab the season's pass if so.

chrono01

I originally missed out on this game, but with Dragon Ball Super starting [as well as Dokkan Battle on the iOS] I'm ready to get back into DBZ. Unfortunately, since I waited so long, the Day One Edition of Xenoverse was long sold out, both in my area as well as online. However, I found that Namco Bandai themselves still had copies available and they're currently on-sale [until October 10th] for $34.99 each.

http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-Day-1/dp/B00LBIH3C8#.VcL-2zfbK71

The USD --> CDN conversion killed the deal somewhat, but I still got it for a little over $70 CDN which is basically what it would cost to get the standard version here [$69.99, unless I find it on-sale somewhere].

Anyway, I thought I'd post the link in case there are others who missed the Day One Edition and want that SSJ4 Vegeta.

D-Pad

Played for a second. I don't suppose PQ 47 was patched was it? I'm having too good of a day for it to be ruined by finding out for myself.

Oh Cell, you'll always be my mentor~

(Until Beerus appears, that is hmhmhm)

Just bought this game now that I've been roped back in with Dragonball Super and DBZ: Resurrection F. I've played some of the budokai games back in the day but never thought much of the games and they didn't keep my interest for long.

Xenoverse is a whole other story though. I see some of the general criticisms about combat potentially getting repetitive but for the most part it's a blast to play and feels the most like I'm actually playing in that universe than any of the other games I've played.

I also have been enjoying building my character and leveling him up and everything. This was a feature I never knew I needed in a DBZ game but it's fantastic. Working towards getting Super Saiyan, and then Super Saiyan 2 felt like a nice sense of progressions and goals in place. The time-travel story is also serving well for my state of having been away from the series so long.

Just got the
Beerus
part of the story and can definitley tell the story it reaching the end, but between levelling up more, finishing master-student quests and getting the dragonballs I think I'll be staying busy for a bit with this game. I guess I'm back into Dragonball again.

Jinjo

Bought this in the summer "sale" (it was still 55 for the game + season pass lol) since I've been on such a DBZ kick lately. Enjoying it a lot but I don't get some things. Like a lot of them.

Number one being the weird inconsistent combo's. For a single button combination it'll output a wildly different combo every so often. Why is this?

And the parallel quests, so you only get a few drops of the possible drops every single time? What does fullfulling the extra conditions give me?

Also, how do I level up with a trainer after they've given me their first ability?

Top Bottom