• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Omni

Apologies for the double post. But I saw this earlier

7M4Gs7P.jpg

You can get some of this stuff already?!

My cousin unlocked a spirit bomb move from the dlc packs and damn is it OP, we went over the high star rated PQ's and it was 10 times easier then just a few days ago because the spirit bomb would do mega damage and I could join in with my powers while the enemy was held still mid attack.

The balancing in this game scares me.

My picture? Naa. I'm on Xbox One >.<

Did you press Y while looking at them? it would have told you the accessory name.

Omni

Yup. It was called the SSGSS wig. Kinda shocked that they're actually going with that name.

I'd have called the form we saw in BoG "Saiyan God" and the new one just "Super Saiyan God" or "God Super Saiyan" //shrug

patchday

wish I knew when dlc pack 3 is coming out. I'm guessing its ready to go. They just waiting for sales on dlc pack 2 to die down. Still havent purchased dlc pack 2 but dlc 3 should be a no brainer purchase for me

Voror

Realize I'm late to this, but what was the general consensus on this? All the DB announcements and watching BotG put me in a DB mood.

Realize I'm late to this, but what was the general consensus on this? All the DB announcements and watching BotG put me in a DB mood.

Seemed really well received around here. Really fun game with tons of fan service and terrible RNG. I'm still playing often, it is still pretty active.

Voror

Seemed really well received around here. Really fun game with tons of fan service and terrible RNG. I'm still playing often, it is still pretty active.

Thanks. I was tempted to get it when it came out, but wasn't sure so decided to wait it out. Also been watching some of Team Four Star's playthrough and it looked pretty fun. Did hear about the RNG issues, but what can you do?

Now I just need to figure out whether to start as a Majin or Human.

patchday

good game burdened a terribly conceived rng system! I was still playing it but sort of trailed off when MK X came out.

fun game to coop with folks and eventually you'll get most if not all things if you play enough

Thanks. I was tempted to get it when it came out, but wasn't sure so decided to wait it out. Also been watching some of Team Four Star's playthrough and it looked pretty fun. Did hear about the RNG issues, but what can you do?

Now I just need to figure out whether to start as a Majin or Human.

Obviously it is the Female Majin, the greatest of all race/gender combinations.

Voror

good game burdened a terribly conceived rng system! I was still playing it but sort of trailed off when MK X came out.

fun game to coop with folks and eventually you'll get most if not all things if you play enough

Is it something they could fix or would that not be likely until a Xenoverse 2?

That's good at least.

Obviously it is the Female Majin, the greatest of all race/gender combinations.

I'd probably play a male since I'm a guy and when given the option of gender I just go with that. Maybe that's weird I don't know. I do actually quite like several of the female designs I've seen. And the novelty of a female saiyan is pretty interesting.

The drop rates are terrible to keep you playing, there's quite a few quests but they all feel the same and can be beaten in 5 or so minutes, one of the last missions can be done in 2 minutes if quick.

patchday

I suspect the devs reason for including the crazy random loot grind is to keep the gamer busy til all the dlcs are delivered.

I would have happily probably still looted all the parallel quests for everything except what really got on my nerves is they keep playing the same silly "intro" over and over for characters. Just no thought given that maybe the gamer doesn't want to watch the same freakin cutscenes over and over and over with no option at all to skip. Just poor game design. Should always give the gamer the option to skip those crappy cutscenes. They are very coo to watch first few times but when you're trying to get the clothes it can get tiresome. What's really awful bout the cutscenes is they horribly interrupt gameplay and flow. All the time you might be in the middle of launching an ultimate and a stupid cutscene interrupts and turns off your skill. All your energy you accumulated to launch the attack just got wasted :(

The stats on the clothes also finally drove me up the wall. For example, I went ahead and got Vegeta's (Freiza entry suit from PQ #13). But the stats on it is worse then Broly's pieces (for my purposes). Wish we could reroll the stats. I have all this zeni but nothing to spend it on

All that being said it is a good game. But the RPG elements were kind of done half ass sadly :(

Still looking forward to dlc #3. Will boot up the game and play it when that hits I'm sure

They never opened up the tournament sections, did they?

Nope. not sure when that is coming online

Voror

nah they probably think its fine

Well, given how big of a complaint it seems to be perhaps they'll pay attention and come up with a new system if XV 2 happens.

The drop rates are terrible to keep you playing, there's quite a few quests but they all feel the same and can be beaten in 5 or so minutes, one of the last missions can be done in 2 minutes if quick.

Well, at least they're not that long, though doing the same one over and over to try and trigger something gets old quickly most of the time.

I suspect the devs reason for including the crazy random loot grind is to keep the gamer busy til all the dlcs are delivered.

I would have happily probably still looted all the parallel quests for everything except what really got on my nerves is they keep playing the same silly "intro" over and over for characters. Just no thought given that maybe the gamer doesn't want to watch the same freakin cutscenes over and over and over with no option at all to skip. Just poor game design. Should always give the gamer the option to skip those crappy cutscenes. They are very coo to watch first few times but when you're trying to get the clothes it can get tiresome. What's really awful bout the cutscenes is they horribly interrupt gameplay and flow. All the time you might be in the middle of launching an ultimate and a stupid cutscene interrupts and turns off your skill. All your energy you accumulated to launch the attack just got wasted :(

The stats on the clothes also finally drove me up the wall. For example, I went ahead and got Vegeta's (Freiza entry suit from PQ #13). But the stats on it is worse then Broly's pieces (for my purposes). Wish we could reroll the stats. I have all this zeni but nothing to spend it on

All that being said it is a good game. But the RPG elements were kind of done half ass sadly :(

Still looking forward to dlc #3. Will boot up the game and play it when that hits I'm sure

Seems a better way might have been to introduce special loot related to each of the DLC packs?

Aww, I can't skip them no matter what? That's a tad unfortunate and rather odd in this day and age.

Some aspects seem a bit halfbaked, but there does seem to be a good foundation to build off of from here.

Didn't realize you could only do a fat Majin for males. Thought you might be able to vary it up like have a Kid Buu or super lanky like Evil Buu. Female Majin it is on that race.

Guess I'll probably do a Male Human followed by a Female Majin. Are there recommended builds with the stat allocation? It's always driven me kind of nuts to know I can screw up in that sort of thing unless there are items to redistribute stats if you chose.

patchday

Ah yes it is a joy making new characters and allocating the stat points (unfortunately, if you want to respec you need to grind out the dragonballs with RNG).

Here is an excellent guide. It's the Big Numbers guide

Female Saiyan - Normally you go ki blasts and max out your KI bar as much as possible. Since they deliver such great dps. Min/max'ers will go for a short, skinny female. See big numbers guide on how the shapes affect that. Most will ignore Strikes completely on these

Majin female - they don't get the high health bars like Majin males. Instead they get speed and access to their special race-specific powers like Majin Kamehama, etc. I went with ki blasts since most Majin racial powers are all ki based (plus Strike ultimates are such a mixed bag). They also get the nice bonus where they cannot be staggered once every 20 secs.

Yeah dragonball movies has so much depth I'd imagine they'd have to kill themselves to include all the various transformations for all the races. Wish we could get a DLC for that it would be a mandatory purchase. But doesnt seem to be on the table

Btw, you choose to go either Strikes or Ki blast. Because the clothes will usually weaken one or the other as well as z-souls. Now there are odd clothes that increase both (like Beerus set) but the common wisdom is you choose either Strike ultimates or Ki blast ultimate. Game has way more ki blasts so I tend to enjoy that route much more

Voror

Ah yes it is a joy making new characters and allocating the stat points (unfortunately, if you want to respec you need to grind out the dragonballs with RNG).

Here is an excellent guide. It's the Big Numbers guide

Female Saiyan - Normally you go ki blasts and max out your KI bar as much as possible. Since they deliver such great dps. Min/max'ers will go for a short, skinny female. See big numbers guide on how the shapes affect that. Most will ignore Strikes completely on these

Majin female - they don't get the high health bars like Majin males. Instead they get speed and access to their special race-specific powers like Majin Kamehama, etc. I went with ki blasts since most Majin racial powers are all ki based (plus Strike ultimates are such a mixed bag). They also get the nice bonus where they cannot be staggered once every 20 secs.

Yeah dragonball movies has so much depth I'd imagine they'd have to kill themselves to include all the various transformations for all the races. Wish we could get a DLC for that it would be a mandatory purchase. But doesnt seem to be on the table

Btw, you choose to go either Strikes or Ki blast. Because the clothes will usually weaken one or the other as well as z-souls. Now there are odd clothes that increase both (like Beerus set) but the common wisdom is you choose either Strike ultimates or Ki blast ultimate. Game has way more ki blasts so I tend to enjoy that route much more

Thanks.

Any recommendations or general advice for a Male Earthling character?

Anybody still playing and enjoying this? We've got one more DLC pack left to go and with Dragonball: Super announced there is a new opportunity for a sequel.

Although I'm sure most are hoping that the next game covers the movies!

Yup I still play pretty often. Had some really fun endless battles/team battles last night, as a matter of fact. Did anyone ever set up a GAF team or anything?

patchday

haven't played in a week or two (maybe 3). was hoping new dlc would drop soon still.

Finished the graphic Novel for Jaco the Patrolman recently. Hype!!!

Played yesterday , i finally got the RNG to work on several PQ ( still trying to get everything from every Event )

This sh*t takes time. Damn RNG.

patchday

They claim they patched how long it takes to gather the dragonballs (increase drop rates)

But that is all.

I am gambling after dlc #3 they increase drop rates -or- the price for the Steam version drops. because on PC I know I can get around this rng. I'm that desperate I can't lie (but on PS4 I'm screwed for sure)

[edit] Honestly though I think I've acquired all the skills I wanted except 100x BBK and Rebellion Spear. But there is still some outfits that would have been nice to have in my collection. But grinding out outfits is crazy senseless. They should drop the entire set. Not just one piece at a time. In my experience, boots and gloves have the highest chance to drop which is usually the last thing you'll care bout

Ingeniero

Finished he game with my male saiyan on my PS4.
Special Beam Canon with SSJ2 spam all the way to the top.

Question: Can you rename your character?

I played a bit this weekend, and the RNG actually blessed me this time around. Managed to get Super Vegeta 1, Blue Hurricane, Paralysis, 100x Big Bang Kamehameha, Energy Zone, Burning Spin, Symphonic Destruction and Innocence Breath within an hour or so. (Super Electric Strike still evades me, though.)

Been trying to farm for Gogeta's outfit but keep getting pants.

Yup these accessories are out in the wild now. Dunno where you get them though. (Linked due to RoF spoiler in case people have managed to avoid them - this was posted on an earlier page though.)

edit: this page in fact!

I started an earthling and their melee combos feel good, less range then a namekian but I like how I can setup a kick into the air and then use a ki blast.

With a namek I have to be low to the ground, knock them down and then use a rush attack, works too but not when in the air.

FDC1

I downloaded the movie costumes pack. Where am I supposed to find the new costumes? I didn't find them in my inventory or in the shops.

Finally got Super Electric Strike yesterday. Too bad it's been nerfed to the point of uselessness already :V

Still, I think I'm actually going to go for the platinum trophy for this, as insane as it sounds. I think I already have more than half of the supers and ultimate attacks in the game. I might as well go all the way.

I downloaded the movie costumes pack. Where am I supposed to find the new costumes? I didn't find them in my inventory or in the shops.

They should be in your clothing inventory. Did you get the "Add-ons are now available" message at the title screen?

you tease! :)

Haha sorry!

Still, I think I'm actually going to go for the platinum trophy for this, as insane as it sounds. I think I already have more than half of the supers and ultimate attacks in the game. I might as well go all the way.

I've been thinking about this too. Just slooowly leveling up with various masters and acquiring skills.

Just need a helpful Steam gaffer to help me with the "revive an ally x amount of time" achievement.

They should be in your clothing inventory. Did you get the "Add-ons are now available" message at the title screen?

I didn't get that message either. But I did get disconnected shortly after the update downloaded, and didn't bother reconnecting. Maybe it'll activate next time.

Will the day one items ever be released as regular dlc? Hate that I missed out on those.

I hope so. I don't really care about the armor sets, but missing out on SSJ4 Vegeta kinda sucks.

The last DBZ game to have pre-order DLC (SSJ Bardock & Vegito in Battle of Z) later made them available to purchase on PSN/XBLA. More relevant than that, Jaco was pre-order DLC in Japan, but is being made available everywhere as part of DLC Pack 3. (And apparently, Namco EU's been giving away SSJ4 Vegeta codes on their Facebook page.)

Hopefully they'll release him.

I also hope they release the preorder stuff. I did get it but it makes no sense to lock a character away from half of the players.

Toki Toki City is funny right now. Those wigs are everywhere.

patchday

Logged on yesterday to checkout the new outfits from the Movie (yeah been awhile since I played). Immediately noticed both outfits are for strike/melee builds. No idea why they didn't provide a ki build counterpart. just wonder if some designer there just picks the default stats in the computer and rolls it out. Just no thought given

Did PQ 54 mission to try for 100x BK but as usual game didn't drop anything after two tries. got quickly annoyed by the cutscenes where they shows the arrival of the Z fighters over and over. After two tries I exited the game :(

I realized a few things need to happen to make me happy:

• Remove the intro cutscenes. Allow host of the PQ to set as an option perhaps
  • Make it so that room is not automatically disbanded after a PQ is completed
  • This means they'd have to remove the RNG element from the Mentors. Just make it so they are always at the same spot

Due to these basic flaws not sure if I'll purchase the other dlc either :(

Which sucks cause I'm a big fan of the series. but just feel like too much was done half ass. Still a very worthy purchase that I'd highly recommend. Just not enough polish to probably last seriously long term.

Oh that's right- still waiting on Steam version to drop in price so I can get around these issues there

Holy shit, never trained under Ginyu until now. "I'll treat you to a chocolate parfait later."

All valid complaints, patchday...and theoretically I would think they would be possible to fix with the next patch...but I'm not optimistic.

Top Bottom