• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7: Warriors of Eden (3DS/JP) |OT|

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
tumblr_m7a3h7pSpN1rnzhwp.gif

Tilmen

Banned
Do they have a legal right to do this?

yes...they have all rights. I got a strike a year ago by posting a Dragon Quest X Trailer. This time they warned me kindly so i removed it. No more Dragon Quest footage... fuck this, really

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading now! This is going to take a while...

jae

Downloading now!
I'm one of the people that hated 7 on PS1. I generally don't like DQ games at all, except for 8. So I really don't know why I am doing this to my wallet. I guess I'm just thirsty for a new huge RPG.

Going in with an open mind, though.

I'm curious as to how they've addressed the game's pacing. I expect a full report, RyougaSaotome!

I almost feel the game's focus on vignettes would work well on a portable.

Haha, I'll try my best, but I've never actually played DQVII, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

That being said, I might be doing a joint first impressions piece with my cohort Revenantkioku, so I'll post it whenever that happens. I'll of course do some quick posting here too as I play.

TODAY IS DQ DAY WOOO.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Still not sure if want to pick it up... looks great though.

Most likely will wind up buying it today if it isnt sold out. Am weak like that lol

Varna

Being evaluated? This sucks. I thought this would surely be released in the west. Always wanted to play this one. I like the idea of it being a massive RPG.

Aeana

Haha, I'll try my best, but I've never actually played DQVII, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

That being said, I might be doing a joint first impressions piece with my cohort Revenantkioku, so I'll post it whenever that happens. I'll of course do some quick posting here too as I play.

TODAY IS DQ DAY WOOO.

He's asking you because you'll be unbiased, I guess. I get the feeling he doesn't trust me since I don't agree with a lot of his criticisms of DQ7 to begin with.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't the PSX version see only a limited release in the US? I remember having trouble finding it as a kid.

Either way, I don't remember much about the game. Only played the first few hours or so.

Gloam

Just realized that I could have bought this digitally. Well, there's always next time. Hopefully it'll be here later today. Onward into the adventure.

hongcha

My copy just arrived. Now to play! I never played the original PSX version, so this is like a whole new DQ for me.

EDIT: Wow, 3 save slots!

While I really like the 3D in this game (title screen looks gorgeous!), I really hate how the character models kinda make my eyes bleed in 3D mode, which I never experienced until this very day. In 2D they look much cleaner, but probably that's just me. Other than that, it's lots of fun and the sound is awesome!

Daedardus

Wait, this has visible encounters?! I don't really like random encounters and really loved DQIX for it. Why did I just thought this was a half-assed port :(. I really want this game now!

But there is a big chance that this gets localised as with the other DQ remakes, right? Right?

Soulhouf

As a big fan of the original game I can't wait for Revenantkioku and Aeana 's impressions.
RyougaSaotome's opinion will be very interesting as well to have a fresh point of view on it.

wrowa

I woud like to know this myself. Do they want to use this clips for the european market?
They always used Spanish in these commercials. It's supposed to reflect the European medieval setting of the series -- and apparently they thought that Spanish is doing the job. :)

vareon

I didn't go right away, but I did end up picking up my copy earlier. Thank you 24hr GEO! :)

Too bad I won't really get a lot of time to play it until Sunday...

White 3DS XL, Bravely Default, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII. And what's that Lissa cloth? Why are you doing this to us? D:

ranmafan

I've only been playing for a short time now, but wow the soundtrack is wonderful. The upgrade to orchestral sound is just perfect. And the visuals look great, but sometimes my eyes keep losing the 3d for some reason. I must be tired. Anyway it's nice to play this game again and so far even in this short time I've played, it's been great! DQ7 is one of my favorites in the series and this remake is perfect for it.

smbu2000

White 3DS XL, Bravely Default, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII. And what's that Lissa cloth? Why are you doing this to us? D:
Oh, that is from when Fire Emblem first launched. I ordered it from ebten (enterbrain store) and they gave you two nice looking microfiber cloths with the game when you ordered from them. (I put the other stuff in the pictures to show the relative size of them.)

http://ebten.jp/p/4902370519457/

Oxx

Japanese-speaking 3DS owners are enjoying DQVII, North American 3DS owners have Fire Emblem... spare a thought for the poor europeans in these trying times.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, a lot of white JP 3DS LL's in this thread (I have one too, of course).

What other color would you get?!

I played an hour and a half yesterday and it seems like it's rather well made. I don't remember anything about the little I played of the PSX version over a decade or go, so this is effectively a brand new game for me.

Haven't even been in a battle yet, so I can't really give impressions about that, but the visual style is really well done. There's definitely a nice atmosphere to things. I wouldn't say it's a great looking game, though. It's like a really early PS2 game or probably closer to a PSX game with better textures, less aliasing, and none of that texture flickering stuff.

Some of the model/environment pop-in and frame drops do stand out, though. Nothing horribly bad, but definitely noticeable.

Man, so the intro dungeon doesn't even have puzzles in it anymore, huh. It looks like it's just "Go do the same thing four times to get all the equipment" :/

Gambit

Japanese-speaking 3DS owners are enjoying DQVII, North American 3DS owners have Fire Emblem... spare a thought for the poor europeans in these trying times.

Amen.

though I am playing DQ VI atm and shouldn't complain

Fcuk.. I have no knowledge of the japanese language but I am so damn tempted to download this from japanese eshop.

I really shouldnt..

Top Bottom