• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7: Warriors of Eden (3DS/JP) |OT|

Aeana

People were thinking that was going to be the name of Bravely Default when the trademark popped up. Then, All the Bravest was revealed and, well, back to square one.

Yeah, I was wondering if he missed the reveal of All The Bravest.

It's coming out in NA in October. Tell all your friends and enter it into Amazon and Gamestop's computers and then Nintendo/SE will have to release it or else they'll be really, really embarrassed.

Ledsen

You mean Rocket Slime 3, Dragon Quest X, and DQM: Terrys Wonderland?

Only one of those is a mainline DQ game, and even that one happens to be Wii (dead platform) MMORPG (risky genre, especially on consoles). None of them should serve as an indicator of whether they will translate DQX.

hongcha

DQVII localization is pretty much a sure thing. DQX will likely come as well, but I think they're waiting for the Wii U version before they localize it.

urfe

Think I'm going to hold off until I finish Layton vs AA and Bravely Default.

I know if I buy this, both games will remain unfinished.

Then honestly, DQVII should last me at least four months.

Good time to be a "casual" gamer in Japan.

hongcha

Famitsu review: 9/9/8/9 (35/40).

Other DQ scores from Famitsu:

Dragon Quest II 38/40
Dragon Quest III 38/40
Dragon Quest IV 38/40
Dragon Quest V 36/40
Dragon Quest VI 34/40
Dragon Quest VII 38/40 (PSX)
Dragon Quest VIII 39/40
Dragon Quest IX 40/40
Dragon Quest X 36/40

Famitsu review: 9/9/8/9 (35/40).

Other DQ scores from Famitsu:

Dragon Quest II 38/40
Dragon Quest III 38/40
Dragon Quest IV 38/40
Dragon Quest V 36/40
Dragon Quest VI 34/40
Dragon Quest VII 38/40 (PSX)
Dragon Quest VIII 39/40
Dragon Quest IX 40/40
Dragon Quest X 36/40

So three points lower than the original? Not much of a difference really.

Aeana

Thanks. I watched the beginning of this when it was live, but quit because I just wanted to see it all for the first time in my hands.

So three points lower than the original? Not much of a difference really.
Just means that SE didn't give them enough money / Famitsu didn't deem it important enough to score higher. Famitsu scores don't reflect game quality even a little.

Flock

pre-ordered this along with a 3ds LL from amazon japan through a proxy. My first 3DS and first 3DS game... well i did also get soul hackers and Project X Zone but this will more than likely what I get started with... can't wait!!

Soriku

Just read (ie skimmed) an interview on Dengeki where one of the devs said you can switch between two different camera angles! Can't find any info/comparison shots, maybe one of you will have better luck:

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/587/587062/

Based Google Translate:

But if you continue to see the three-dimensional human beings I actually impossible, eyes and head fucked so tired, I'm that require adjustment.

lol.

Would these be the two different camera angles? The pics are right under the part where they discuss that.

c20130131_dq7_05_cs1w1_400x240.jpg

c20130131_dq7_06_cs1w1_400x240.jpg

Overhead like DQ IX, and something that's more behind the back?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
For the love of god please localize this!! The 3DS is starving for old school JRPGs
If this didn't come to America I'd be surprised, seeing as they brought DQ V and VI over kicking and screaming (maybe that had to do with promoting IX, not sure).

fates

Didn't Reggie say he put almost 200 hours into DQIX? You'd think this was a no brainer.

Add to that this game has some modifications to bring it closer to DQ9.

IMO, I feel like Nintendo would be more than happy to bring this one over. The problem here I think is Square Enix as they would be ones localizing it... and DQ7 is a freakin' huge translation undertaking.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
If this didn't come to America I'd be surprised, seeing as they brought DQ V and VI over kicking and screaming (maybe that had to do with promoting IX, not sure).

VII's huge script might prove daunting after V and VI's mediocre sales.

Soriku

Nintendo/SE might've skipped Rocket Slime 3 and Terry's Wonderland (barring surprise late localizations) but I don't see them skipping DQ VII, large script be damned.

Aeana

I was charged by Play-Asia on the 3rd, but they won't send it out until Thursday morning, as usual. I'll be playing it on Friday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd be rather shocked if DQ VII and Bravely Default didn't end up getting localized in the next 12-15 months or so.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
VII's huge script might prove daunting after V and VI's mediocre sales.
It's sad that we even have to have this conversation... I just hope they see it as one last shot on new hardware and we at least see this one if nothing else.

Deeku

Crap, thought I pre-ordered this, turns out I didn't:/

So just ordered a copy from neowing, hopefully will have it within a week!

So hyped for this! I'd be grabbing it today if my local shop wasn't terrified of getting caught by SE.

SE games are the only ones they refuse to sell on a Wednesday. Boooo.

ranmafan

My copy shipped last night from amazon.jp. Hoping it arrives early today but probably will show up tomorrow morning. Can't wait to play it after work!

bomma_man

didn't iwata say the other day they were going to continue localising 3rd party games? seems like an obvious candidate.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be buying this as soon as it hits the eShop! Really looking forward to a good old meaty RPG.

Top Bottom