• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 (Switch) trailer

At the very end of the trailer, it shows both protagonists from DQH1 and DQH2 together, and it says something in Japanese.

Is this a new mode that brings both games together, or something exclusive to this collection?

AgeEighty

While "we" don't know if it will get localized, are you sure that Amazon does not? I mean the likelihood of SE bringing it to the West should be very high considering the dearth of Switch games.

Well I agree, but the point stands: Amazon may or may not know for sure about DQH, but they definitely know for sure about Bomberman.

Kouriozan

How was the PS3 version running?
Personally I just to hear about localization news before April so I can decide if I want portable or on
jet engine
PS4.

StereoVsn

Well I agree, but the point stands: Amazon may or may not know for sure about DQH, but they definitely know for sure about Bomberman.

I am sure they'll get that input at some point next couple weeks. I do wonder at DQH performance. DQH 1 looks/works very well on PS4 (PC port was kind of crappy) but I am not certain about the Switch transition. Either way DQH 1&2 combo would help with the line up quite a bit unless of course it would come out in say November.

Keikaku

Watching it on the JP stream and I like what I saw.

I think it looks better than Hyrule Warriors and that's coming from someone with hundreds of hours in that game across both versions. The fact that I'll be able to play this in a handheld format is the icing on the cake.

I'm in!

Shouta

The framerate looks a little dodgy in this stream. Feels like this is probably closer to the PS3 version than it is the PS4 one.

Keikaku

I thought it looks pretty smooth, but definitely 30fps. I wonder if it's 1080p/30fps.
I feel like it's not 1080p but, even at 720p/30fps, getting those sort of visuals on something I can play on the train or on break at work is astonishing to me. I hope it launches fairly soon here, seeing as it's a JP launch title (right?).

goldenpp72

This runs like shit, I was hoping to get this for portability but I guess I'll stick with one that actually runs right :/ Hopefully this is just early footage or something for those who end up with this one.

notaskwid

One of the main reason I'm interested on the Switch is to play Musou games on the go, please tell me this won't be the norm Omega Force.
please

EDarkness

One of the main reason I'm interested on the Switch is to play Musou games on the go, please tell me this won't be the norm Omega Force.
please

This game wasn't made specifically for the NS. I imagine Fire Emblem Warriors is going to run much better.

notaskwid

This game wasn't made specifically for the NS. I imagine Fire Emblem Warriors is going to run much better.
The specifically made one sure (I'm not that interested on Fire Emblem or other Nintendo branded musou), I'm more concerned about the (I like to hope likely) Sangoku musou 9 port, the eventual Sengoku musou 5 and One Piece musou 4.
I liked to imagine that the Switch ports would be like the (later) vita ports, only with better IQ, draw distance a framerate (which was ok on the vita), but this dragon quest heroes has me worried now. I just hope them to strike the right balance.
Slightly OT, but I was really surprised to see Square Enix decide to port this game instead of Builders. Seems like a no brainer really, especially if they added multiplayer to the Free mode on this would be version. And it's like the one console where there is no minecraft to compete with (that could run it)

crinale

Slightly OT, but I was really surprised to see Square Enix decide to port this game instead of Builders. Seems like a no brainer really, especially if they added multiplayer to the Free mode on this would be version. And it's like the one console where there is no minecraft to compete with (that could run it)
Builders is built on Sony's PhyreEngine so that may be why.

What is the name of the Cureslime wearing the little army hat? It's absolutely adorable.

Anyways I really enjoyed what I played of the PS4 demos for both DQ H1&2, think I will go for the Switch double pack. 30 FPS is fine by me and this would be a great way to add some quick and fun variety in between playing BoTW and Bomberman R as those are the only launch titles I'm getting. Kind of skeptical of the Best Buy and Amazon listings, hopefully it gets localized but hey, region free, I'll just import if I have to.

EDarkness

That raid looked cool. I don't think I'll ever be able to do that, since I doubt I'll be able to join a group with my wife since I'd need another NS. Well, I guess online play can help. It does have online play, right?

Oh, it's both games in one package? I thought it was going to be like a Bayonetta 1 & 2 situation

I think that's how it is. It sounds like both games are on one cart.

Andyliini

I have hard time believing this could come out in EU anytime soon. Dragon Quest Heroes II hasn't still launched around here, and Switch version reportedly has all the DLC already available on the card. Therefore, if they were to release the Switch version in April, they would most likely strip all the DLC from the game, which is not good for PR. ANd if they keep it, people would complain that Switch-players don't have to pay for DLC, where as PS4-players do.

I think the game will be out sooner or later, just not in April. Maybe later this year.

Arkeband

Banned
Don't you mean to play the game on the best platform you gain a whole character? ;)

please, I'm even stanning for PS4 here because I'm just going to assume if it ever came to PC (since DQH1's PC sales were not good), they'll find a way to fuck it up.

Briguy13

Banned
I have the first one already on PS4, but with no dlc. Guess I'll get this collection on Switch. The games get a lot of negativity but I enjoyed DQH and HW.

Eusis

I have hard time believing this could come out in EU anytime soon. Dragon Quest Heroes II hasn't still launched around here, and Switch version reportedly has all the DLC already available on the card. Therefore, if they were to release the Switch version in April, they would most likely strip all the DLC from the game, which is not good for PR. ANd if they keep it, people would complain that Switch-players don't have to pay for DLC, where as PS4-players do.

I think the game will be out sooner or later, just not in April. Maybe later this year.
Yeah, I suspect later in the year or just Bundle the DLC with the NA release if they haven't already stated otherwise. Bonus points if they put it out... and make the first game a pre order bonus for PS4.

brinstar

Does the US version of DQH2 have paid DLC? The US version of the first one included it on the disc.

Top Bottom