• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |Import OT| - Warriors worth a thousand slimes

RangerBAD

Are you streaming via ps4 or streaming via other stuff? Just wanted to know if its the first musou game that allowed sound to be streamed. But hey it looks nice, hope SE announces a localization soon or i'll buy it in the next month.

It's not through his PS4. That caps at 30FPS, it's streaming at 60. Or at least that's my knowledge of streaming through your PS4.

raven777

The game seems to have problem where the dialogue sound comes out from both TV speaker and DS4 speaker at the same time. I don't know how to change it..

prwxv3

The game seems to have problem where the dialogue sound comes out from both TV speaker and DS4 speaker at the same time. I don't know how to change it..

How is the framerate? I am watching kyoufu's stream right now it looks pretty steady.

ys45

Game look so good in action , I need to stop watching the stream, the wait is going to be painful -_-
I'm probably a week away from playing this (more if I'm not lucky with customs)

Fraxin

Well I got a Metal Slim PS4, and I downloaded the exclusive theme before, but now I don't seem to find the game.

Nista

All of you metal slime PS4 buyers are jerks.

Since I received the PS4 for a holiday gift, I avoid being a jerk! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Well I got a Metal Slim PS4, and I downloaded the exclusive theme before, but now I don't seem to find the game.

Yeah, where do we download the actual game? The game entry in the store still shows the actual cost. I don't want to buy it twice by accident.

Flarin

Watching a stream right now. Man that's a pretty game. Makes me want a Final Fantasy Heroes/ Warriors game now...

raven777

_20150225014859qvpmt.jpg

_20150225021151dirq6.jpg

_201502250214004locn.jpg

Don't know why the screenshot comes out crap...

Going to sleep now and my first impression is quite positive.

-Great visual with great artstyle. Game looks very good in motion. AA is the only complaint I have.
-Didn't notice real drop in framerates. Fluid 60fps was awesome.
-The basic movement/combos feel like musou, but there are lots of different elements I felt.
-The music is fantastic
-Maybe it's because I am very early in the game, but each stages feels really short. When I am about to get going, the stage ends. Hopefully it's not like this later on.

Shouta

You can turn off the volume from your DS4 speaker by doing it ni the device settings. Hold the PS button and then it's the first option in that menu.

Since I received the PS4 for a holiday gift, I avoid being a jerk! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Yeah, where do we download the actual game? The game entry in the store still shows the actual cost. I don't want to buy it twice by accident.

Go to the PSN store on your PC and go to your "Download List" it should be listed there if you used the Metal Slime PS4 code.

I loaded up the game using my Vita and and PS4 Remote Play, still looks really good even after the slight quality dip due to the remote play link. I can't really play it much until Lunch but I will definitely get some in.

Well, Kyoufu's stream makes it seem very Musou-ish.

...but there is nothing wrong with that !

Edit: God, the music is amazing as usual. I love VIII's normal battle theme.

mao2

Thanks Kyoufu for the stream and raven777 for the pics and impression! Looks great so far, can't wait to play it!

Kyoufu

Okay so after two hours I am having a blast! I don't enjoy Musou games but this gives the impression that it's more than just your average Musou. Equipment upgrades, leveling, party switching, skill upgrades, big boss battles etc.

The game is buttery smooth on PS4 with lots of enemies on screen and lots of destruction going on. The art style is fantastic. I would kill for a traditional DQ RPG that looks like this. The monsters are easily recognisable for someone who has only played a few DQ games before such as myself.

The monster summoning system is really interesting. On some quests where you have to protect your "base" (not sure what they actually call it) you can kill some big Golems and then pick up their monster coin to summon them so they can protect the base for you while you run off and focus on other areas. You can heal them by picking up more of the same monster coins or you can dismiss them entirely in favour of other monsters that you wish to summon. Very nice.

My absolute favourite thing about the game so far though has to be the overworld music in DQ2 playing after every successful quest. It's my favourite piece of music from the series (from what I've listened to) so it's just great. You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jnAZSbmeuU#t=257

Definitely digging deep into this!

Fraxin

You can turn off the volume from your DS4 speaker by doing it ni the device settings. Hold the PS button and then it's the first option in that menu.

Go to the PSN store on your PC and go to your "Download List" it should be listed there if you used the Metal Slime PS4 code.

I loaded up the game using my Vita and and PS4 Remote Play, still looks really good even after the slight quality dip due to the remote play link. I can't really play it much until Lunch but I will definitely get some in.

I couldn't find the game, only found the theme on my download list.

RangerBAD

Okay so after two hours I am having a blast! I don't enjoy Musou games but this gives the impression that it's more than just your average Musou. Equipment upgrades, leveling, party switching, skill upgrades, big boss battles etc.

The game is buttery smooth on PS4 with lots of enemies on screen and lots of destruction going on. The art style is fantastic. I would kill for a traditional DQ RPG that looks like this. The monsters are easily recognisable for someone who has only played a few DQ games before such as myself.

The monster summoning system is really interesting. On some quests where you have to protect your "base" (not sure what they actually call it) you can kill some big Golems and then pick up their monster coin to summon them so they can protect the base for you while you run off and focus on other areas. You can heal them by picking up more of the same monster coins or you can dismiss them entirely in favour of other monsters that you wish to summon. Very nice.

My absolute favourite thing about the game so far though has to be the overworld music in DQ2 playing after every successful quest. It's my favourite piece of music from the series (from what I've listened to) so it's just great. You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jnAZSbmeuU#t=257

I want cel-shading back.

Is Kyoufu's stream going to be archived? I watched a little, live, this morning on my iPhone before going into a meeting. Game looked amazing, really glad I preordered. Come on, P-A, ship this game!

I should have paid the extra $1.00 for the fastest Fed-Ex shipping...

Gloam

Changed my order from PA to HMV a while back. Hope HMV delivers quickly don't wanna be left behind...

Game looks like a lotta fun, I like the little recap bits in the airship.
For those who speak Japanese, how's the dialogue during the missions, is it anime shouting or is the party-chat similar to other games in the series?

Shouta

I can't remote play to my PS4 so no lunch DQH. =( I think my powerline lan adapter borked again. I really need to get the wires run in the house.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Very cool to hear folks enjoying the title. Am up and about now so will be back to work on graphics and whatnots. Also will make a screenshot section using anything you maniacs post. And doing little tweaks here and there.

That worked out swimmingly well.

ha ha, the way you said that was kinda redundant, but i hear ya.
Looking forward to this game, the feel of Souls of Zill'ol with Toriyamas art
is just too good to pass up.

its not a musou!! Not to say Musou's are a bad thing, just an acquired taste, but omega force doesn't just make musou's they have other styles, and this is one of their better ones!
If you like this, definitely try to track down Trinity, souls of Zill'ol when you're down enjoying this..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn... the impressions sure do sound good. I think I'll grab this at launch now...

RangerBAD

ha ha, the way you said that was kinda redundant, but i hear ya.
Looking forward to this game, the feel of Souls of Zill'ol with Toriyamas art
is just too good to pass up.

its not a musou!! Not to say Musou's are a bad thing, just an acquired taste, but omega force doesn't just make musou's they have other styles, and this is one of their better ones!
If you like this, definitely try to track down Trinity, souls of Zill'ol when you're down enjoying this..

It's a gem of a game for sure.

Vanille

God, this game is so damn pretty. It's just going to make it hurt even more when DQ11 is inevitably announced for mobile.

expel

Downloaded 14 gigs last night...cant wait to play it at midnight tonight..lol
i'm a fake DQ fans ; ; /slaps Kyoufu

Top Bottom