• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI logo (and Dragon Quest Monster Battle Scanner) leaked ahead of reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of the DQXI announcement is that we can finally stop making bad jokes about it being a mobile game.

its going to be glorious isn't it?

seriously, if it uses the DQ: Heroes engine or an engine on that level of IQ and ability my wife will have to resuscitate me. Will be like a scene from pulp fiction

salromano

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/d...cleId=1800199&bbsId=G003&itemId=5&pageIndex=1

One of the 2ch user that spoiled exact title name before actual logo leak says It's PS4 and 3DS multiplatform. Exactly same way as Level 5's Ni No kuni.

I'll still consider this as rumor, but... If that's true, it's good for both nintendo and sony user.

Was about to post this.

2ch guy posted this at 8:12 p.m. JST.

I didn't post the logo on Gematsu until 10:59 p.m. JST.

Before jumping to conclusions, it's very possible this person discovered the logo on the site before me (though I'd imagine he'd have posted that, too, so I dunno).

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/d...cleId=1800199&bbsId=G003&itemId=5&pageIndex=1

One of the 2ch user that spoiled exact title name before actual logo leak says It's PS4 and 3DS multiplatform. Exactly same way as Level 5's Ni No kuni.

I'll still consider this as rumor, but... If that's true, it's good for both nintendo and sony user.
So two wildly different versions of the same game with every recent DQ userbase being satisfied? Sounds too good to be true.
Any chance Level 5's PS4 project skipped E3 because it was actually DQXI and they just weren't ready to show it yet???

LET ME DREAM
DQXI would never be revealed at E3

If DQXI is indeed PS4 ( as in no PS3 version ) only in Japan, in 2016 along with FFXV.

2016 will be the year the PS4 REALLY takes off in Japan

Are you talking graphics? Wouldn't II and III also be considered, in some part, graphically backwards from Dragon Quest I considering the loss of battle backgrounds? Although I realize that Dragon Quest I was pushing things because it didn't have the Disk System.

Well, they lost the battle backgrounds but gained multiple enemies per fight. The real thing to realize is, DragonQuest came out in 1986 so was one of the early games on the system (though also, the US version had upgraded graphics from that original release due to its delay). DragonQuest IV was one of only two non-pirate NES games to reach 1 megabyte in size, so definitely pushed the hardware.

Vena

If DQXI is indeed PS4 ( as in no PS3 version ) only in Japan, in 2016 along with FFXV.

If its on the 3DS as well as per the rumor, its going to end up as an even worse galvanizing of sales on console than the Smash games did in Japan.

wmlk

Was about to post this.

2ch guy posted this at 8:12 p.m. JST.

I didn't post the logo on Gematsu until 10:59 p.m. JST.

Before jumping to conclusions, it's very possible this person discovered the logo on the site before me (though I'd imagine he'd have posted that, too, so I dunno).

oh, nvm.

watershed

Banned
I know there is that one Capcom Lost Planet spin-off that is 3ds+PS3 but what other games outside of Nintendo ports are 3ds + console releases? I have a hard time imagining a PS4 +3ds game that is the same game across both platforms. If there is any truth to this rumor, I am imagining a Ki No Kuni situation. But I still think DQ XI will be home console(s) only.

The signs point to him being legit.

I mean, this really would be too good to be true. I didn't think they'd develop these games separately considering NNK PS3 was developed after the DS version was done. It seems like a huge undertaking for whoever the developer is.

The more likely scenario is the 3DS game gets an HD treatment with a bit better visuals but nothing huge. Something like FF Type 0, but a simultaneous release.

PS4/3DS would make business sense (not as much as PS4/PS3/3DS, though)... but it seems impractical development-wise. I'll believe it when I see it.

catmario

That would be...weird. Wasn't Ni No Kuni differernt games on the different systems?

That would be pretty awesome if true. But, it seems like they would be pretty different games. I haven't played Ni No Kuni, how close are the PS3 and 3DS versions?

Exactly, Ni no kuni's Nintendo version was for NDS platform.

And Ni No kuni's both platform has a few of shared world setting and story, but gameplay was really different. On NDS version, you have to use actual magic book for gameplay.

Wow, Korean language reporting on 2Ch posts, this is some rumor.

I believe it though. Personally I'd probably buy both.
Yes. Many korean gamers are very familiar with Japanese language so I'm not surprise on they're keep looking 2ch and analyse their rumor. Some times, Ruliweb guys are more faster than any other communities when it comes to 2ch leaks.

Oxn

What if..... dun dun dun its NEW 3DS!!!!

and PS4.

I got both I aint worried. Although Im hoping for a full fledged Home Console DQ.

catmario

And I'll say again, I won't judge this rumor as true right now, but I hope this will actually happen.
This PS4/3DS route is really good for both Handheld and Console gamers and even Sony and Nintendo gamers.

Vena

What if..... dun dun dun its NEW 3DS!!!!

and PS4.

I got both I aint worried. Although Im hoping for a full fledged Home Console DQ.

Well, N3DS has Unity support, so the game may be made with Unity and scaled to either console accordingly. Neither would suffer with the PS4 version running higher quality settings and textures.

LuuKyK

Not saying I believe this, but I do think this would be the ideal situation.

Ni No Kuni was a very good game and was technically very impressive on both platforms AFAIK.

This way they could have a version of the game in a well established platform and at the same time build-up their fanbase on a new one whilst having a more technically impressive version of the game in the later to balance things out and bring the franchise to a new gen.

Vena

For reference on the last game split between console and handheld, and of a large profile (and fundamentally identical) and caliber:

01./00. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} (¥5.616) - 944.644 / NEW <93,45%>

01./00. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776) - 227.527 / NEW

If there's a 3DS version as well, per the rumor, I'm not sure that will be the case.

If this is actually true, I hope SE actually brings both versions to the west. I'd be more than happy to purchase both.

Arzehn

If its on the 3DS as well as per the rumor, its going to end up as an even worse galvanizing of sales on console than the Smash games did in Japan.

PS4 and 3DS... they'd be completely different games. Also the 3DS version probably wouldn't even make it over here if that was the case.

PS4/3DS would probably work more in favor of PS4 than a PS4/PS3 release would which would basically be the same game, but different resolution and framerate.

6 more hours! Can't wait!

OmegaDL50

The plot for Ni no Kuni on the DS and PS3 are almost identical to a certain point.

The DS version's subtitle was "The Jet Black Sorcerer" which was more or less about defeating Shadar, however for the PS3 version,
the game does not end when you defeat Shadar like in the DS version.
, which is why the games have two different subtitles, the PS3 version being "Wrath of the White Witch" which the plot is extended further somewhat. In fact the it seems almost like an afterthought.

To be perfectly honest...
After you beat Shadar and Oliver has made peace with his Mom, to the point he matures mentally to be able to carry on his own without her. The game could have properly ended at that point. The game could have ended after saying farewell to everyone and Oliver casts Gateway to go back to his own world.

Despite the games subtitle, a huge majority of the game has almost nothing to do with the White Witch. In fact I'd say they could have saved all of the White Witch stuff for a sequel and made the entire first game about Shadar. Outside of a few meetings with the Council you don't ever get into the White Witch portion that lasts only for the last two hours of a 40 hour game.

Yes it feels tacked on. In fact the last cutscenes with the flashbacks felt like Xenogears second disk with Pea's flower cutscenes shoving all of this info at me just telling me everything through small cutscenes just to fight the big bad. I mean to say the cutscenes themselves seem to have less work in them using still portraits compared to the others in the game with the characters having motion or animation.

Yeah don't read any of the above unless you beat Ni no Kuni on the PS3.

PS4 and 3DS... they'd be completely different games. Also the 3DS version probably wouldn't even make it over here if that was the case.

PS4/3DS would probably work more in favor of PS4 than a PS4/PS3 release would which would basically be the same game, but different resolution and framerate.

6 more hours! Can't wait!

Dragon quest is a turn based rpg, I don't see a 3ds version being much different than a console version beyond a shinier coat of paint on the console one

Zetta

It's not going to be an ARPG. Horii has said that they have Heroes for an action-style DQ game. This mainline game is supposed to go the traditional route. So turn-based is the most likely scenario.

This news makes me tear up with joy. I can't wait for tomorrow, lets hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom