• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter [Ended, $1.5 million funded]

20 dollars to get a digital copy? Too much. Make it 10 like most kickstarters and I will think about pledging.

Given that it's a point and click adventure I'm inclined to agree. $20 is the price of Dreamfall right now and a pretty standard price for adventures besides. It would appear the only incentive to back at $20 would be the fact that you're helpng back it. Not necessarily a bad thing, but some might think there's no need to pay $20 now when they can just wait for the game to come out and pay $20 then.

PowderedToast

hey funcom maybe you shoulda made THIS instead of a fuckin MMO and then MAYBE you wouldnt need a fuckinG KICKSTARTER ! ! ! !

km3k

Neo Member
I really hope this far exceeds its goal. TLJ and DF are two of my favorite adventures of all time. I'm currently in for $20, but will likely up it to $50 or $75 later. I want that graphic novel, but the lowest tier with the physical copy is way too high ($350). I'll probably settle for the PDF ($75).

Tash

Was at the kickstarter party in Oslo yesterday. Here are some pics (sorry horrible quality I know, was super dark and flash just made it worth).

dreamfall_chapters_kickstarter2.png

dreamfall_chapters_kickstarter3.png

dreamfall_chapters_kickstarter4.png

Mostly Game Devs and Journos present. Vikings!

I think it would've been a better idea to do the Kickstarter campaign when their playable prototype is actually finished. Some gameplay footage would've been great. I liked the story of Dreamfall, but the actual gameplay was utter garbage and I don't want to play something like that again. All they do is vaguely saying that they are aiming for old-school adventure gameplay.

Anyway, I'm probably going to back this. I loved The LOngest Journey and I really liked Dreamfall. Even with the terrible gameplay and some story points I didn't like
for example the Storytime world. Two worlds wasn't enoguh?!

And I think it's kinda stupid that they don't want that say that April and Kian are the other two playable characters.

LiK

I really hope this far exceeds its goal. TLJ and DF are two of my favorite adventures of all time. I'm currently in for $20, but will likely up it to $50 or $75 later. I want that graphic novel, but the lowest tier with the physical copy is way too high ($350). I'll probably settle for the PDF ($75).

$110 gets the box

Ledsen

You've got my $20! Fingers crossed for a Steam version as well.

This will make $1m+ no problem. Guessing $1.5-2m.

Given that it's a point and click adventure I'm inclined to agree. $20 is the price of Dreamfall right now and a pretty standard price for adventures besides. It would appear the only incentive to back at $20 would be the fact that you're helpng back it. Not necessarily a bad thing, but some might think there's no need to pay $20 now when they can just wait for the game to come out and pay $20 then.

I think most if not all people back to ensure the game gets made, not to get a discount.

mclem

They need to make Paypal available asap - as a Norwegian company.

I don't think they can under Kickstarter rules; got to hit the goal before you can accept Paypal.

If you think about it, it's clear why; Paypal money goes out immediately while KS funds are withheld until the goal is met and not sent otherwise.

Imagine the situation of a project which takes Paypal and then fails to meet the KS target...

beje

Banned
Hmmmm the Kikstarter link is not working for me and giving a 403 error instead. Is this happening for someone else?

Retne

Backed with the quickness. I absolutely love the story of the series and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they came up with to conclude it all. I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson about combat and stealth with Dreamfall (at least I hope so).

I'm not sure how I feel about Zoe's face though. Looks kinda off.

Pledged $110 for the box!

It really sucks that Funcom is only interested in the online business and big publishers don't want to fund adventure games AT ALL.

kaleii

Pledged 20... also put the first two games on my Steam wishlist... Fingers crossed they're discounted soon :)

"ACCESS! Download and play Dreamfall Chapters before anyone else!"

Wait... isn't the whole point of Kickstarter is getting the product when it's done and getting it before it gets release to public? Why lock this for $75 and higher tiers?

Thanks GAF! Gave my contribution. I love Tornquist's products. I may have even sent him a fanboy email once.

Wait... isn't the whole point of Kickstarter is getting the product when it's done and getting it before it gets release to public? Why lock this for $75 and higher tiers?

Not at all.

Just backed it. The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are amazing. 110$ at the lowest for a boxed copy is not a good choice though.

Dantis

Not sure how much to pledge. Hmm.

Eiter way, incredibly happy about this. It's been way too long. Not sure what I think of Zoe's new design, but it's definitely not bad.

Man this will make it anyway. Back Unwritten instead guys :(

Wut. No.

LiK

i'm annoyed that the $150 tier doesn't include a boxed copy. usually higher tiers in other KS games I funded will always include the boxed copy from lower tiers. for some reason, adding your name to credits and receiving a signed postcard will sacrifice the $110 tier. kinda odd.

they decided that if you want both, it's in the $250 tier which is way too much for me. gonna see if i want to change my pledge amount depending on what rewards i want more.

derFeef

i'm annoyed that the $150 tier doesn't include a boxed copy. usually higher tiers in other KS games I funded will always include the boxed copy from lower tiers. for some reason, adding your name to credits and receiving a signed postcard will sacrifice the $110 tier. kinda odd.

Yeah, weird. A signed copy is tempting, would complete my "TLJ/Dreamfall signed by Ragnar" collection ;D

One of my most long-awaited games for only $20? Amazing deal, backed. I like that Kickstarter not only helps developers, but makes the basic-tier games much more affordable than traditionally published ones.

Top Bottom