• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter [Ended, $1.5 million funded]

Durante

$250 seems to be turning into the "signed box standard", but I only managed to convince myself to shell out that much for Eternity.

(Well, to be honest, I did that 30 seconds after the kickstarter opened, so I guess it didn't take much convincing :p)

Dantis

$250 seems to be turning into the "signed box standard", but I only managed to convince myself to shell out that much for Eternity.

(Well, to be honest, I did that 30 seconds after the kickstarter opened, so I guess it didn't take much convincing :p)

I'd love a signed copy, but man, that's pricey.

Not sure what to do. :/

mclem

i'm annoyed that the $150 tier doesn't include a boxed copy. usually higher tiers in other KS games I funded will always include the boxed copy from lower tiers. for some reason, adding your name to credits and receiving a signed postcard will sacrifice the $110 tier. kinda odd.

It's an all-digital tier for if you don't want to do postage stuff, so that much at least seems reasonable; it's fair, though, to say that it's an awfully large financial jump for not much increase in incentive.

LiK

It's an all-digital tier for if you don't want to do postage stuff, so that much at least seems reasonable; it's fair, though, to say that it's an awfully large financial jump for not much increase in incentive.

whoa, "Rosveen" from the KS comments section said the exact same thing! i told him we have the same thing for the $75 tier. i guess it depends if i really want that signed postcard or not.

kurahador

Already 90k...damn!!

I hope if they managed to exceed the amount pledged, they'll squeeze in for a TLJ HD remake or something.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Added my pledge. It's looking good so far. November 2014 at least gives me a lot of time to replay the older games before this releases, I hardly remember anything about the story.

FACE

Banned
$103,946

Seems like my negativity was unfounded.

iblzRlL4ChfUO5.jpg

I3rand0

Putting the physical OST at the $500 tier is lame. It needs to be in a lower tier. Why isn't it included in the CE box?

mclem

Well, it's the first day. It will start slowing down massively in ~12 hours.

Has there been any investigation for pledging rates on Kickstarter on weekends as opposed to the week? I'm curious if there's a slightly different audience for KS at those times. I think we might get the clearest picture of where it stands by Monday.

Edit: Average pledge right now: $58. People really want this!

Ithil

Given it's already a ways into development, there's no reason to not pledge and help them out. It's not like all you have is an "idea" of a game, they've already got some rough gameplay footage even.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I knew this decision would come, trying to figure out how much to pledge. I hate how tempting higher tiers are.

addik

Oh my god, it's really happening!

Still torn on pledging $20 or $50. I'm a poor college student so $20 seems nice, but damn, I would love to have the game's soundtrack.

foxdvd

done and done and done...FINALLY!

I pledged without reading anything, has it been confirmed that original voice actors are coming back? Ellie Conrad Leigh, voice of Zoe, has the greatest voice ever...

Terra_Ex

The amount of money I'm putting into these kickstarters is beginning to trouble me but yeah, I need to back this.

Frogacuda

Banned
I said I wouldn't back any more adventure game Kickstarters until some of the ones I already backed came out, but I had to make an exception here.

Not so much because I'm a huge TLJ fan (I'm not) but just because I want to see more big, ambitious 3D adventure games.

kSt

I had to stop watching that video in the middle to sign up and back the project.
After all these years their artists still can't get their character design out of the uncanny valley.

Necrovex

I tossed $50 on the project, but I am really tempted by the collector box. I need to get paid before I can consider jumping up another $60, but I probably will because this is my most anticipated title in 2014.

Like I would kill EVERY other Kickstarter project, including the Obsidian game, to have my Dreamfall Chapters. I NEED this game in my life; I have been waiting for six bloody years for a conclusion.

If this project fails, I will be ensued in rage.

And Dantis, I would even have Persona 5 not come out for Dreamfall Chapters.

I've been dreading this day for weeks, because I don't know if I'm going to be able to stop myself from doing something crazy. As if a new Tex Murphy wasn't bad (good) enough...

WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE AWESOME THINGS COME BACK TO LIFE AGAINST ALL ODDS / EXPECTATIONS AND I EXIST WITH NO WILLPOWER!

Carlisle

Pledged $75. Yeah the rewards are great and all, but nothing compares to the joy of this game getting made at all. I'm in, and if it looks like they're going to fall short at the end of the month, I'll probably be in a few more times.

That $150 to get your name in the credits was pretty tempting though.

Oof, some of those tiers seem expensive (in comparision to the other kickstarters I've backed).

Still, I enjoyed, if not loved Dreamfall.

J.W.Crazy

I thought they said it wouldn't be point and click but direct character control? That's a huge negative for me. With point and click I lose all sense of immersion. I know people complained about combat and controls in Dreamfall but this is like a downgrade instead of improvement. It just seems like such an outdated interface to me.

Frogacuda

Banned
Like I would kill EVERY other Kickstarter project, including the Obsidian game, to have my Dreamfall Chapters. I NEED this game in my life; I have been waiting for six bloody years for a conclusion.
This is how I felt about Tex Murphy. I think a good cliffhanger really helps to bolster your Kickstarter years later.

Owned by the masterplan, I suppose.

Midou

I thought they said it wouldn't be point and click but direct character control? That's a huge negative for me. With point and click I lose all sense of immersion. I know people complained about combat and controls in Dreamfall but this is like a downgrade instead of improvement. It just seems like such an outdated interface to me.

That is the core of most adventure games, and TLJ, as well as all modern adventure games, work perfectly well with point and click. It boggles my mind to think someone wants an adventure game but is so against point and click..

It's likely they will provide options for both or something though.

Frogacuda

Banned
I think it's direct character control with point and click interaction. Like recent Telltale games.

Lime

Pledged 75. Would have pledged more with a hardcover edition of the art, but 500 is way too big a jump.

J.W.Crazy

That is the core of most adventure games, and TLJ, as well as all modern adventure games, work perfectly well with point and click. It boggles my mind to think someone wants an adventure game but is so against point and click..

It's likely they will provide options for both or something though.

I understand adventure games started as point and click but it was a technical limitation more than anything. To me adventure games are about being immersed in the world. Take they weak action elements out of Dreamfall and it's pretty much perfect. I think for a lot of people Adventure=Point and Click but that's not really true. If the game is good enough I'll get past it but ,especially in a 3D world, most point and click interfaces are clunky.

I think it's direct character control with point and click interaction. Like recent Telltale games.

That would be fine. Something like The Walking Dead. It's not really what I'd consider point and click but I can see calling it that.

Top Bottom