• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter [Ended, $1.5 million funded]

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think I'll change to the $110 one.

In Arcadia Journey means Neck.

:O

Then they need this to match the title.

knfkY8D.jpg

gabbo

Jumped on as soon as I got up. $20 for now, as I don't have a lot of money to throw around, but this is one game I want to see happen as soon as possible.

Madouu

I thought there was a stronger TLJ following on GAF. 5 pages for a thread started this morning seems a bit low :p

Anyway, I'm pumped up for this game, spreading the word as much as I can. My moroccan friends will feel obliged to kickstart this just because of Casablanca!

jerry113

Banned
I'm playing The Longest Journey for the first time. It's like a combination of science fiction and fairy tale. Liking it.

Won

Finally a worthwhile kickstarter.

No idea how much to throw at it yet though. All of the tiers look tempting.

Quadratic

This is something I thought would be a perfect kickstarter. The last 2 games were some of my favourite gaming experiences. I want to see the end of Zoe's story. And maybe April?

Necrovex

Kicktraq says

trending toward
$6,294,984
740% of goal

but of course that's unrealistic, especially this early.

If only this would hit 6 million. That would simply be heavenly. I am hoping it hits at least two millions.

This is something I thought would be a perfect kickstarter. The last 2 games were some of my favourite gaming experiences. I want to see the end of Zoe's story. And maybe April?

I only have fond memories for those two games. I went into Dreamfall completely blind, and I fell in love with the world, characters, and story. I didn't even know about The Longest Journey until a few years later. When I played TLJ, oh boy.

Exact same situation, both pledge and memory-wise. Though I should also replay TLJ.

I plan to replay both TLJ and Dreamfall in 2014 now. I hope someone on Gaf makes a let's play thread near this Chapters's release.

gabbo

If only this would hit 6 million. That would simply be heavenly. I am hoping it hits at least two millions.

I only have fond memories for those two games. I went into Dreamfall completely blind, and I fell in love with the world, characters, and story. I didn't even know about The Longest Journey until a few years later. When I played TLJ, oh boy.

I plan to replay both TLJ and Dreamfall in 2014 now. I hope someone on Gaf makes a let's play thread near this Chapters's release.

It's already about a quarter of the way to the goal and it hasn't been 12 hours.

Giolon

I give them all I could justify. I've been living in fear for the last 6 years that some terrible accident would happen and Ragnar would die before he could give us the conclusion of his story.

dreamfall

Gave them what I could- for the $110 package. I figure I'll be eating ramen for awhile, but I believe in this project with everything I have!

Stuart444

Never heard of the previous games before now. This game looks interesting though... won't back it (yet) but may do later on.

Carlisle

Finally a worthwhile kickstarter.

No idea how much to throw at it yet though. All of the tiers look tempting.

I think $75 gets you the most bang for buck. It seems to be the most basic package that contains all the content they're offering. Beyond $75 it's stuff like physical copies of the same content rather than digital, signed post cards, name in credits, audiobook versions of books, etc.

But the most important item out of all is this game getting made. Nothing else matters if that doesn't happen.

And if you haven't finished the games, spoilers a plenty in the pitch video!

Those games are incredible, get to it!

Spoilers in the article describing the project as well.

Dreamfall is in my top 3 games ever. Backed the $150 Digital Dreamer's Edition. Love Zoë's design. Same voice actor (Ellie Conrad Leigh), I hope?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
At first I pledged $50, but then went for $75. I had to have that comic and art book. The boxed versions look tempting, but I'd rather have them spend all of my money on the game rather than creating and sending me rewards.

$75 is a lot for me at the moment, but this is my favorite series and I absolutely need it more than anything else. ;.;

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Oh man, 110 for the box version is nuts. But... it's TLJ, so they've got me by the balls. Damn you Tornquist... *pledges*

i have been meaning to play the original games, maybe this will give me the impetus i need.

step 1 complete!
4s9x8jb.png

ill probably end up backing at 110.

Mononoke

Banned
$200K in 6 hours. At this rate we're gonna hit $24M by March 10 wooohoooooo!!!! ;D

I'm really surprised and extremely happy. I love these games and really want this to get made. Tbh I had lost hope another one would get made, and so I had kind of forgot about the series. This came out of nowhere.

Them feels.

Necrovex

I'll just be happy if it gets funded. Funding drops like a rock after the first few days.

Don't jinx it! Why do you think I didn't want to say simply gets funded?! If this game doesn't at least get funded, I will forever hate the gaming community. This is what I have been wanting from Kickstarter since I found out about it last year.

When I get my next payment, I'm going $110.

ymmv

Banned
I think the recipe for Kickstarter success is to propose sequels or remakes. I'm glad this Longest Journey sequel is almost 100% likely to be financed, but I'm also saddened by the lack of enthusiasm for a new IP like Wildman that's in its last week and not even halfway.

Frogacuda

Banned
They're usually more like an inverse bell, the amount of kickstarters that fill in the last 1/3 or 1/4 by their last few days is pretty silly
If they're shy of the goal. If they've already made it, that end spike is less dramatic.

Usually these projects raise about 25% to 50% in their first week, with big boosts when they get near the goal and when they get near the end. This is looking pretty good so far. They'll make it well over their goal, but I doubt they'll triple it or anything crazy like people are hoping.

I think the recipe for Kickstarter success is to propose sequels or remakes. I'm glad this Longest Journey sequel is almost 100% likely to be financed, but I'm also saddened by the lack of enthusiasm for a new IP like Wildman that's in its last week and not even halfway.

Well looking at other adventure games and not strategy games, Double Fine Adventure was new IP, same with Jane Jenson's Moebius.

Top Bottom