• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Holy Fuck. Just started playing this game about an hour ago and I'm already fucking in love it. It's scratching my PGR itch so hard. The handling of the cars is so tight and it's such s beautiful game. I tried playing in first person cam, but I found myself using the far third person cam. I'm enjoying the tour mode a ton. I love replaying the races over and over again and trying to get all the stars in each race.

I am so glad Gaf told me to get this. Because if you guys didn't, I'd never have experienced this fucking amazing game.

hwy_61

Banned
Update on my whole I'm gonna rent it before buying it thing...

I'm keeping the copy I bought. This game is a lot of fun. Its very challenging too.

I am really craving a racer but cannot make my mind up on which to get. I am a arcade racing fan and find Forza Horizon 2 (based on demo) even too sim-like. Looking for a game with strong visuals leaning to the arcade side of things gameplay wise with strong single player content.

Current choices seem to be DriveClub, Forza Horizon 2, or The Crew. Any recommendations on which would best suit me? DriveClub has peaked my interest of late with the added weather and whatnot. Also, what is the size of all the updates cumulative for the free DLC and game improvement patches?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I am really craving a racer but cannot make my mind up on which to get. I am a arcade racing fan and find Forza Horizon 2 (based on demo) even too sim-like. Looking for a game with strong visuals leaning to the arcade side of things gameplay wise with strong single player content.

Current choices seem to be DriveClub, Forza Horizon 2, or The Crew. Any recommendations on which would best suit me? DriveClub has peaked my interest of late with the added weather and whatnot. Also, what is the size of all the updates cumulative for the free DLC and game improvement patches?

Driveclub is more simlike to me than FH2. So if driving style is your metric, then perhaps the Crew is what you want. As far as visuals, Driveclub probably takes the cake. And as to gameplay it depends on what you want out of it. Driveclub has many tracks and races and cars, and it's more of a traditional racing game, but with FH2 and Crew you get the offroad/craziness that you will not have in Driveclub, and that can be more fun if you are looking for a pure arcade experience.

What you would really want for pure arcade is a Burnout or Motrostorm type game. FH2 and Driveclub are more about the driving and Crew looks fun, but it's heavily centered on the online experience and EA games like that tend to die off very quickly online so within a few months there may be no one online to play with.

MADGAME

Holy Fuck. Just started playing this game about an hour ago and I'm already fucking in love it. It's scratching my PGR itch so hard. The handling of the cars is so tight and it's such s beautiful game. I tried playing in first person cam, but I found myself using the far third person cam. I'm enjoying the tour mode a ton. I love replaying the races over and over again and trying to get all the stars in each race.

I am so glad Gaf told me to get this. Because if you guys didn't, I'd never have experienced this fucking amazing game.

It really is something. Beautiful vehicles, tracks, and weather effects. I wasn't sure how the mesh of sim/arcade would resonate with me but I do like the handling so far, and how unique each vehicle feels.

A few things that annoy me about the game:
  • Artificial ways to make the race difficult - The sun in your eyes, and especially coming out of a tunnel. When you approach the exit, it is a stinging bright white and you can't see anything. So very fake and obviously designed to screw you over, terrible addition. Another example - pitch dark drifting event - the "challenge" comes from the fact that you can't see the turn as opposed to drifting around it. Come on, make the event challenging, not the ability to see what's on screen.
  • Rubber banding AI - This wasn't apparent to me at first, but in some instances I would be far behind the pack with one other lone AI fighting to stay out of last place. The AI wrecks or spins out and I pull miles ahead. Several turns later the AI goes flying past me at an impossible speed, without a car to draft from. You as the player are not afforded this same benefit.
  • Some races aren't about AI skill - artificial speed and acceleration is awarded to the bot drivers. This is plainly evident across many races and events as even if you have highest acceleration in class or drastically superior vehicle, they will pull miles ahead of you and stay there. In other words, it is a forced "overtake" race much of the time.
  • The inability to compare vehicles stats. Would be nice to do a side by side as opposed to scrolling for miles.
  • Evo won't allow us to have a friends only session.
  • Online races are road rage bumper car sessions. Every single race is filled with people whose sole purpose is to ram you off the road, even if it screws them up. Like many other racing games, the key is getting out front quickly and racing clean. If you get caught in the pack, the chances of catching up are slim as the majority of racers just want to knock you off the road. Very difficult to race cleanly with the narrow tracks.

Seems I'm pointing out more nuisances than praising the game, so let me reiterate I'm loving the game and really hope it has legs. It really scratched the PS4 racing itch I was having, and in a most visually pleasing way.

It really is something. Beautiful vehicles, tracks, and weather effects. I wasn't sure how the mesh of sim/arcade would resonate with me but I do like the handling so far, and how unique each vehicle feels.

• Artificial ways to make the race difficult - The sun in your eyes, and especially coming out of a tunnel. When you approach the exit, it is a stinging bright white and you can't see anything. So very fake and obviously designed to screw you over, terrible addition. Another example - pitch dark drifting event - the "challenge" comes from the fact that you can't see the turn as opposed to drifting around it. Come on, make the event challenging, not the ability to see what's on screen.
  • Rubber banding AI - This wasn't apparent to me at first, but in some instances I would be far behind the pack with one other lone AI fighting to stay out of last place. The AI wrecks or spins out and I pull miles ahead. Several turns later the AI goes flying past me at an impossible speed, without a car to draft from. You as the player are not afforded this same benefit.
  • Some races aren't about AI skill - artificial speed and acceleration is awarded to the bot drivers. This is plainly evident across many races and events as even if you have highest acceleration in class or drastically superior vehicle, they will pull miles ahead of you and stay there. In other words, it is a forced "overtake" race much of the time.
  • The inability to compare vehicles stats. Would be nice to do a side by side as opposed to scrolling for miles.
  • Online races are road rage bumper car sessions. Every single race is filled with people whose sole purpose is to ram you off the road, even if it screws them up. Like many other racing games, the key is getting out front quickly and racing clean. If you get caught in the pack, the chances of catching up are slim as the majority of racers just want to knock you off the road. Very difficult to race cleanly with the narrow tracks.

Seems I'm pointing out more nuisances than praising the game, so let me reiterate I'm loving the game and really hope it has legs. It really scratched the PS4 racing itch I was having, and in a most visually pleasing way.

The annoyance I would add to this list is how some of the tour event start objectives are reliant on luck of the AI not being a pain. For example I am trying to achieve a speed face-off target but at that point on the track the AI are always squabbling with themselves meaning I can't get the pace I need (because they block the road), finally beaten when randomly the AI left a clear path. Speed/Time challenges should be single car events, you wouldn't run a time trial with random cars playing across the track it makes no sense.

MADGAME

The annoyance I would add to this list is how some of the tour event start objectives are reliant on luck of the AI not being a pain. For example I am trying to achieve a speed face-off target but at that point on the track the AI are always squabbling with themselves meaning I can't get the pace I need (because they block the road), finally beaten when randomly the AI left a clear path. Speed/Time challenges should be single car events, you wouldn't run a time trial with random cars playing across the track it makes no sense.

This is cheesy, but any star-related event such as clean lap, face-off, average speed, etc can be done by letting the AI get out in front of you. After they are a half lap or so out (in point to point events it doesn't matter), enjoy having the track to yourself.

Skii

I got 404/405 stars, the only one missing is from Venom Hot Lap 2.
Won't be trying again after a time 1:21 800, no fun at all...
The rest of the tour was cool, even the hardest championship so far :)

Still got a spot left in our club, lv41 Le Mans Racing.
Can't wait for the future content.

Do the Venom Hot Lap 2 on another day. You're so close to the full 405 stars! You'll be kicking yourself. Best places to gain time is the first corner and the chicane near the end of the lap. Also, go through corners without accelerating or braking.

This is absolute rubbish.

When you are near the back of the pack, the cars in front won't punish you by driving perfectly which is good game design.

When you are near the front, the cars will start to take the best lines, brake at the right times and this will therefore allow them to come out of corners faster which in turn means they'll pass you on the straights if you aren't racing good enough (which is clearly the case with you).

I have never had a single problem with the AI passing me where I felt it was impossible. It is always completely fair and I can understand where I made the mistake either braking or taking the wrong line into a corner.

There is no artificial speed or acceleration for other cars. The developers have confirmed this numerous times. Having a superior car means nothing if you're a bad driver in the game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This is cheesy, but any star-related event such as clean lap, face-off, average speed, etc can be done by letting the AI get out in front of you. After they are a half lap or so out (in point to point events it doesn't matter), enjoy having the track to yourself.

This is what annoys me with some stars in the tours. Having to either cheese it to get a drift/speed/cornering challenge star, or focus on racing to get the winning/place star. And it gets that much worse with championships or series of races where you have to do 2-3 races for that one lonely star in the middle.

CozMick

Banned
So Good.gif said:
3p4FQCU.jpg

#FeelsGood :)

In real life driving through areas peppered with lots of trees causes a strobe-like effect as you blaze past trees and as you exit tunnels your eyes re-adjust to the sudden burst of light from being in a low-lit area.

I cannot therefore see any reason to cast that as a negative. It doesn't artificially make anything more difficult. It is what happens in real life. You wouldn't be driving in real life cursing God for making your drive home artificially more difficult because the sun is low in the sky and it has just been raining and you can't see shit because the sun is bouncing off the puddles.

If it is a Tour event then it is the same for everyone, and if you're in your own event you have total control over the time of day so you can just elect to not select a time where the sun will be low and blinding you.

There is also no rubber banding. AI drivers cannot drive at "impossible speed". They can only drive as fast as you can. They cannot cheat. They do, though, slow down if you fall far behind to give you a chance to catch up, but that is it. If you're finding AI hard to keep behind you then you're just not as good as you think you are. It isn't a God-given right to be first in every race by five minutes. I don't see why everyone seems to think they are entitled to that. 'wah, wahhh the AI passed me the game is cheating and going faster than I can possibly go'. No one has yet shown a single instance of this. Ever.

Indeed it is entirely possible to lap AI if you're good enough.

Private lobbies are coming soon, and yeah online can be very annoying at times. Though, even on the open tracks - ie. the race circuits - the same still occurs. People are just idiots.

Thinking outside the box, like it!

Thanks

lordxar

If memory serves the Atom has an awesome acceleration but low high end. Bac Mono has the higher overall speed right? So how come I was nearly pegged at full speed on a straightaway and got passed by an Atom? Kind of pissed me off quite a bit. All the racing stars I'm stuck on have this happen no matter how good I drive. Seems like once you get one car to pass you, several others follow over time. I've started out seconds ahead and get one car just blast by me out of nowhere. Then another...and another. This could totally be in all fairness and I could need to improve my driving. Just doesn't always feel that way. Wish I'd saved the video of the AI car that raced up in front of me and slammed on his brakes...oh that one pissed me right the fuck off but was a bit funny at the same time.

I just gave this a quick go, it seems the AI actually slow down and wait for me?! What's that about?!

AndyD

aka andydumi
I just gave this a quick go, it seems the AI actually slow down and wait for me?! What's that about?!

They slow down to try and give you a chance. Once you speed up and catch up they will speed up again.

Another way to cheese it is to go super super slow, then floor it and fly by all of them while they are still in slow mode, and then maintain the lead.

They slow down to try and give you a chance. Once you speed up and catch up they will speed up again.

Another way to cheese it is to go super super slow, then floor it and fly by all of them while they are still in slow mode, and then maintain the lead.

Ok thanks. It seems cheesing it is going to be the only option for some of these stars!

Auctopus

I'm sorry to be asking this but I'm at my ends, is there anyway to cheese the 5 challenges trophy? I've technically achieved it countless times now but it just won't work work :(

MADGAME

This is absolute rubbish.

When you are near the back of the pack, the cars in front won't punish you by driving perfectly which is good game design.

When you are near the front, the cars will start to take the best lines, brake at the right times and this will therefore allow them to come out of corners faster which in turn means they'll pass you on the straights if you aren't racing good enough (which is clearly the case with you).

I have never had a single problem with the AI passing me where I felt it was impossible. It is always completely fair and I can understand where I made the mistake either braking or taking the wrong line into a corner.

There is no artificial speed or acceleration for other cars. The developers have confirmed this numerous times. Having a superior car means nothing if you're a bad driver in the game.

Nice of you to retort one point of my post, but quote it all and call it all absolute rubbish. There are several things I listed that I found annoying; I guess some people are overly sensitive when opinions don't mirror theirs or can't accept criticisms regarding things they like. Either way, enjoy the game and thanks for the reply.

In real life driving through areas peppered with lots of trees causes a strobe-like effect as you blaze past trees and as you exit tunnels your eyes re-adjust to the sudden burst of light from being in a low-lit area.

I cannot therefore see any reason to cast that as a negative. It doesn't artificially make anything more difficult. It is what happens in real life. You wouldn't be driving in real life cursing God for making your drive home artificially more difficult because the sun is low in the sky and it has just been raining and you can't see shit because the sun is bouncing off the puddles.

If it is a Tour event then it is the same for everyone, and if you're in your own event you have total control over the time of day so you can just elect to not select a time where the sun will be low and blinding you.

There is also no rubber banding. AI drivers cannot drive at "impossible speed". They can only drive as fast as you can. They cannot cheat. They do, though, slow down if you fall far behind to give you a chance to catch up, but that is it. If you're finding AI hard to keep behind you then you're just not as good as you think you are. It isn't a God-given right to be first in every race by five minutes. I don't see why everyone seems to think they are entitled to that. 'wah, wahhh the AI passed me the game is cheating and going faster than I can possibly go'. No one has yet shown a single instance of this. Ever.

Indeed it is entirely possible to lap AI if you're good enough.

Private lobbies are coming soon, and yeah online can be very annoying at times. Though, even on the open tracks - ie. the race circuits - the same still occurs. People are just idiots.

Not disputing that you can get a strobe effect in real life. I think this will always be an argument, but it's a tough one because this is a sim/arcade combo. If something is real it can be argued "but it's that way in real life" and if not realistic one can argue "but it isn't a real sim". So my point wasn't arguing it isn't realistic, but that it seems implemented with the intent on making it difficult and I have no idea how you are interpreting a "god given right to be in first", that is a massive misinterpretation.

I have driven through many tunnels when living in the NYC area and also in Canada, and never have I seen complete blinding from exiting one as Driveclub does well before you approach the exit. The other example I gave was the drifting at night challenge where the difficulty is artificially implemented by darkening the play area.

Glad to hear about private lobbies. The online races are what they are, and none of the above is anything I would stop playing the game over.

MADGAME

Thinking outside the box, like it!
Thanks
No problem, I was originally trying to achieve all challenges in one go then realized I could go back and focus on particular star which made it a bit easier.

In my experiences the pack ahead of you isn't a problem. As long as you can corner correctly and maintain speed coming out of the turns you will be able to catch up.

Then one scenario I was specifically referring to that happened to me on several occasions was being in second to last place, far behind the pack due to a mishap. In that particular instance the other car in last place would wreck or I would push off the road, etc and would fall far behind. So I am in second to last place with a comfortable lead on the last place driver then after a short time, the last place driver whizzes past me.

benzy

[*]Artificial ways to make the race difficult - The sun in your eyes, and especially coming out of a tunnel. When you approach the exit, it is a stinging bright white and you can't see anything. So very fake and obviously designed to screw you over, terrible addition.

That's HDR and it's found in real life too.

Train%20Tunnel.jpg

Another example - pitch dark drifting event - the "challenge" comes from the fact that you can't see the turn as opposed to drifting around it. Come on, make the event challenging, not the ability to see what's on screen.

I'm not understanding this though. Make it more challenging how without factoring in the time of day? Night drifting is challenging as it is in real life, which is why a part of racing in DC and real-life, or any other racer with pitch dark nights, requires to you rely on your knowledge of the tracks/turns. It's actually a bit easier in DC since the turns have lit up flag markers indicating where the turn is and how difficult it will be.

tumblr_mpx7ak3KKk1ss46elo1_500.gif

Ferr986

I only noticed the AI passing me in straight lines even at top speed, but I think its because the drafting in this game is too much. Its actually giving me some problems in the Semi-Pro Cup :(

T_Exige

Do the Venom Hot Lap 2 on another day. You're so close to the full 405 stars! You'll be kicking yourself. Best places to gain time is the first corner and the chicane near the end of the lap. Also, go through corners without accelerating or braking.

I stopped for an hour and then tried again to get it on my 3rd try!
Problem was the 2nd sector, so tried to stay close to the ghost, to pass it at the last chicane.

@Ferr986 The Semi-pro cup is one of the best events in the game imo.
It helps if you have the AM Vanquish or even better the RUF.

MADGAME

That's HDR and it's found in real life too.

Train%20Tunnel.jpg

I'm not understanding this though. Make it more challenging how without factoring in the time of day? Night drifting is challenging as it is in real life, which is why a part of racing in DC and real-life, or any other racer with pitch dark nights, requires to you rely on your knowledge of the tracks/turns. It's actually a bit easier in DC since the turns have lit up flag markers indicating where the turn is and how difficult it will be.

tumblr_mpx7ak3KKk1ss46elo1_500.gif

Okay I can post pictures of tunnel exits too.
tunnels.jpg

Could they have made it like the pic I just posted? Yes. Could they made it like the picture you posted? Yes, and they did. Why? It's more difficult, which was my point. I'm not asking people to agree with things I find a bit annoying but clearly that was chosen for a reason...realism? Well they both are realistic but the blinding light ups the challenge. Not even saying it's wrong, just that I found it a nuisance being blinded every time I exit that tunnel.

As far as the drifting goes, I'm not sure I have an answer on what would be better. I know many times criticisms are accompanied by suggestions, but I don't have one here other than not forcing night time and making the cornering/drifting the challenge, not the inability to see the turn.

benzy

Okay I can post pictures of tunnel exits too.
tunnels.jpg

Could they have made it like the pic I just posted? Yes. Could they made it like the picture you posted? Yes, and they did. Why? It's more difficult, which was my point. I'm not asking people to agree with things I find a bit annoying but clearly that was chosen for a reason...realism? Well they both are realistic but the blinding light ups the challenge. Not even saying it's wrong, just that I found it a nuisance being blinded every time I exit that tunnel.

I think your pic is just in the transitioning phase of the camera adjusting to the light (you can still see the overly whiteness of the road outside the tunnel), and before that they were most likely seeing the bright white exposure. You'll always get the bright light in a dark tunnel in real life. Add in the high speed of DC's cars and it's probably just a slightly longer lasting effect when exiting the tunnel.

stkhrp.gif

As far as the drifting goes, I'm not sure I have an answer on what would be better. I know many times criticisms are accompanied by suggestions, but I don't have one here other than not forcing night time and making the cornering/drifting the challenge, not the inability to see the turn.

I think you can skip those night drifting events as long as you have enough stars from the other events to unlock the next set of races. There are daytime drifting events that are pretty challenging too.

MADGAME

I think your pic is just in the transitioning phase of the camera adjusting to the light (you can still see the overly whiteness of the road outside the tunnel), and before that they were most likely seeing the bright white exposure. You'll always get the bright light in a dark tunnel. Add in the high speed of DC's cars and it's probably just a slightly longer lasting effect when exiting the tunnel.

stkhrp.gif

I think you can skip those night drifting events as long as you have enough stars from the other events to unlock the next set of races. There are daytime drifting events that are pretty challenging too.

Cool gif. I will have to remember to pay attention to that when I go home next month. Maybe it is brief, but I have never noticed the whiteout from inside of car. Curious now if it actually happens with the human eye or only on camera!

Yes some of the drifting events require a high level of skill. The night time didn't hinder my progression whatsoever, just found it annoying being so dark.

Not you specifically Benzy, but I hope others aren't offended by me posting some details I viewed to be un-enjoyable about this or any other game. No game is perfect and things I find annoying may be details someone else perceives as gratifying and vice versa.

benzy

Cool gif. I will have to remember to pay attention to that when I go home next month. Maybe it is brief, but I have never noticed the whiteout from inside of car. Curious now if it actually happens with the human eye or only on camera!

Yes some of the drifting events require a high level of skill. The night time didn't hinder my progression whatsoever, just found it annoying being so dark.

Not you specifically Benzy, but I hope others aren't offended by me posting some details I viewed to be un-enjoyable about this or any other game. No game is perfect and things I find annoying may be details someone else perceives as gratifying and vice versa.

Yeah, everyone has their preferences. I don't think anyone is offended. ;) I actually enjoy the night racing/drifting as well as the HDR effect which is why I commented. It's like we're on the opposite end of the spectrum regarding these features even though we both enjoy the game. :p

HTupolev

That's HDR
Exposure compensation in this case certainly uses HDR data, but calling it "HDR" isn't really precise; you could technically do that effect without any HDR at all, although in blown-out regions effects like motion blur and bloom would be less accurate, and the system wouldn't have as much info to base exposure choices off of.

The human eye also "adjusts exposure" to compensate for varying brightness, although
1-exposure adjustment with the eye is informed by the needs of the brain and is generally less hectic than that of cameras, and
2-the eye has better static contrast than most cameras in addition to "smart" image reconstruction.

Driveclub mimics a bad camera, not the eye. Hence you get stuff like tunnel blow-out where you can see everything except what you want to see, and the fireworks at the end of a race causing sudden darkness, etc.

benzy

Exposure compensation in this case certainly uses HDR data, but calling it "HDR" isn't really precise; you could technically do that effect without any HDR at all, although in blown-out regions effects like motion blur and bloom would be less accurate, and the system wouldn't have as much info to base exposure choices off of.

Yeah, I should have been less vague.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ok thanks. It seems cheesing it is going to be the only option for some of these stars!

That only works at lower cups, at higher level this is near impossible. They give you less and less slack as you advance in the career.

But that makes "clearing the track" easier for the drift/speed challenges.

Skii

Nice of you to retort one point of my post, but quote it all and call it all absolute rubbish. There are several things I listed that I found annoying; I guess some people are overly sensitive when opinions don't mirror theirs or can't accept criticisms regarding things they like. Either way, enjoy the game and thanks for the reply.

*facepalm*

I didn't call it all absolute rubbish. That's why I shortened the entire post to what I had a problem with. But fair play to you for not actually responding to my post with any constructive information. Clearly shows that I've pulled your pants down for talking absolute nonsense.

MADGAME

The human eye also "adjusts exposure" to compensate for varying brightness, although
1-exposure adjustment with the eye is informed by the needs of the brain and is generally less hectic than that of cameras, and
2-the eye has better static contrast than most cameras in addition to "smart" image reconstruction.

Driveclub mimics a bad camera, not the eye. Hence you get stuff like tunnel blow-out where you can see everything except what you want to see, and the fireworks at the end of a race causing sudden darkness, etc.

Interesting for sure, thank you for the expanded explanation.

IKizzLE

If memory serves the Atom has an awesome acceleration but low high end. Bac Mono has the higher overall speed right? So how come I was nearly pegged at full speed on a straightaway and got passed by an Atom? Kind of pissed me off quite a bit. All the racing stars I'm stuck on have this happen no matter how good I drive. Seems like once you get one car to pass you, several others follow over time. I've started out seconds ahead and get one car just blast by me out of nowhere. Then another...and another. This could totally be in all fairness and I could need to improve my driving. Just doesn't always feel that way. Wish I'd saved the video of the AI car that raced up in front of me and slammed on his brakes...oh that one pissed me right the fuck off but was a bit funny at the same time.

The ariel atoms top speed is about 5 mph higher than the bac mono. Caterham's top speed is higher than both.

psychotron

Finally started this game today. Damn, it really is beautiful. I'm actually enjoying the racing too a lot. Being a big fan of Horizon 2 I still think it's an apples and oranges comparison. They're both great in their own ways.

If memory serves the Atom has an awesome acceleration but low high end. Bac Mono has the higher overall speed right? So how come I was nearly pegged at full speed on a straightaway and got passed by an Atom? Kind of pissed me off quite a bit. All the racing stars I'm stuck on have this happen no matter how good I drive.

The atom tops out around 165mph (or a bit higher if your drafting) which I think is a bit higher than the mono - the reason the mono often seems quicker is it has better aerodynamics so has to slow down less for high speed corners (that on rails feeling). I'd guess the atom that passed you was drafting, hence the big speed differential. Dunno if it's just me but drafting in the atom seems to make a bigger difference than it does in other cars, again maybe due to the lack of bodywork / aerodynamics.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Is there some kind of way to be updated when people on your friendslist beat your scores on the leaderboard?

Rushy

I only noticed the AI passing me in straight lines even at top speed, but I think its because the drafting in this game is too much. Its actually giving me some problems in the Semi-Pro Cup :(
It is due to the drafting, they're a bit too good at leap-frogging one another using it.

We've adjusted this behaviour in a game update due in January.

So I downloaded the season pass the other day and all the available dlc with it and noticed that the Redline liveries still show up as locked. When I click on one it takes me to the PS Store page, but it already says purchased. Anyone else with this problem?

Edit: nvm, restoring licenses fixed it

Hey, apologies if this is covered but I couldn't seem to see it. How do I go about joining a club - I haven't got many PSN friends since last gen I was all 360-only so all my friends are pretty much neogaf members and they're all in the neogaf club that requires invites. I'm roddjbrown on PSN if anyone has a club they can add me to.

Got to say, for someone who isn't hugely into racing games, and when I am I tend to prefer open-world ones, this is absolutely superb. All the challenges do a great job of mixing up that monotony of grinding races out

Ultibreaker

Neo Member
It is due to the drafting, they're a bit too good at leap-frogging one another using it.

We've adjusted this behaviour in a game update due in January.

Please Rushy make it so we have the option to adjust the difficulty in single player. Why? Unlike people that don't understand there's absolutely nothing wrong with the AI, I actually LOVE the difficulty as it is NOW.

The AI plays almost identical to another human player. It's a great preparation for PVP (multuplayer). So many people complain because they just can't drive and haven't studied the track to know when to break or accelerate.

I play SINGLE RACE LEGENDARY, 10 laps to learn how to overtake and where/when I can take draft. I only play with Hyper cars and super cars, everything else is too slow for me. At first in a new track I get my butt whooped. After 3 or 4 times in that event (or better yet 30-40 laps), I beat 2nd place by 5-6 sec and in some smaller tracks I lap last place....... In LEGENDARY

Ferr986

lol at online hypercar races

highway-crash-multi-car-pile-up-multiple-vehicle-collision-2.jpg

Please Rushy make it so we have the option to adjust the difficulty in single player. Why? Unlike people that don't understand there's absolutely nothing wrong with the AI, I actually LOVE the difficulty as it is NOW.

The AI plays almost identical to another human player. It's a great preparation for PVP (multuplayer). So many people complain because they just can't drive and haven't studied the track to know when to break or accelerate.

I play SINGLE RACE LEGENDARY, 10 laps to learn how to overtake and where I can take draft. At first in a new track I get my butt whooped. After 3 or for times in that event (or better yet 30-40 laps), I beat 2nd place by 5-6sec and in some smaller tracks I lap last place....... In LEGENDARY

I dont think they're gonna nerf SP, but if theres a problem with drafting they have to adjust it. It has nothing to do on how the AI plays.

NinjaBoiX

Hi guys, I'm thinking of picking this up but before I do, I have two questions:

- is it online only like The Crew?

- how big are the patches?

I don't have broadband you see and need to tether of my 20gb mobile connection.

Thanks!

hwy_61

Banned
Hi guys, I'm thinking of picking this up but before I do, I have two questions:

- is it online only like The Crew?

- how big are the patches?

I don't have broadband you see and need to tether of my 20gb mobile connection.

Thanks!

The latest patch is the weather one, so its a little over 2gb.

Its not online only.

Top Bottom