• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Skii

The final race in the Element tour is an absolute killer. It is impossible to see the road after lap 1 and you just have to go off memory. Absolutely brutal. Ended up spinning on the final turn leaving me 3rd and ending up with 8/9 stars. So upset.

Pons

Neo Member
Any word yet on the two livery packs being 99cents on the store instead of free for season pass holders Rushy?

hwy_61

Banned
Did you rent it? Thoughts?

haha i did more than that!

I went to best buy and bought it, swung by a redbox on the way home and rented it. I'm installing the 2gb update(weather I assume) so by tomorrow I should have my answer on whether or not to keep the copy I bought.

Got this from a relative for Christmas, and I must admit, this game is really good! I gave it a lot of flack for the awful launch and then pushing DLC before the PS+ version and all that stuff, but I'm really enjoying it.

The gameplay feels like a really good mix of realism and arcade. I'm finding it really fun trying to shave time off of my lap times.

Oh, and the visuals are GORGEOUS. Seriously absurd on some tracks.
Glad you're having fun. Looking forward to getting back home from a long family weekend to get back on it myself.

The flack Evo got for moving ahead with the DLC was completely bunk. Throw every effort into a glorified demo that would further break the experience for paying customers? Or move ahead with great content for those who have - and are loving - the game? Seems like a crystal clear choice to me. The Plus version was above and beyond the two October games PS4 owners were getting anyway. I would think the number of people who got a subscription JUST for a glorified demo of DC is vanishingly small. To act as if some great injustice was done is just nutty. And it's not like they aren't working on it.

benzy

haha i did more than that!

I went to best buy and bought it, swung by a redbox on the way home and rented it. I'm installing the 2gb update(weather I assume) so by tomorrow I should have my answer on whether or not to keep the copy I bought.

I predict you're gonna keep it especially after the weather update.

Just sayin'

image.php

Tommi84

Ended up spinning on the final turn leaving me 3rd and ending up with 8/9 stars.
Remember that when you finish a race in a championship you can restart not only the whole championship, but also the last race you played. Additionally, when you spun out, hit that options button and start over.

As you know the tracks and races, it should be a bit easier to finish it 1st. Try it! :)

Skii

Remember that when you finish a race in a championship you can restart not only the whole championship, but also the last race you played. Additionally, when you spun out, hit that options button and start over.

As you know the tracks and races, it should be a bit easier to finish it 1st. Try it! :)

I don't think you can restart the final race of a championship if you complete it. I was around 3 seconds ahead on the previous two races so I thought I might have a chance at winning the Championship even after spinning out.

desu

I don't think you can restart the final race of a championship if you complete it. I was around 3 seconds ahead on the previous two races so I thought I might have a chance at winning the Championship even after spinning out.

Yep thats the problem, I mean you can still hit repeat round from the pause menu before finishing the race. However you will loose any accomplished missions like round times etc.

gogogow

I'm playing a lot of Driveclub and it's fun that all the points you get from races, whether it's from the Tour or Online Challenges, goes to you and your club. But is there a way to see each members contribution to the club? Can't find anything and the "Club's statistics" never loads for me.

Ferr986

It remembers the last you chose.

Oh, ok. Its weird because I never used an alternate paint yet but some cars defaulted with it, but maybe I did something wrong in the Garage.

Btw, just unlocked the first Ferrari supercar and Im loving it :) Its weird how I have an easier time handling it than the performance cars.

Im still in performance cars Tour, kinda strugging with it actually (mainly the championships), but still advancing slowly. I want atleast beat the Professional trophy (dont think I'll never be able to win the Legend trophy).

danowat

Banned
Got the full 225 stars in the main tour in Driveclub this morning, fairly straightforward, only had the repeat a few races more than once, but........

Damn, they didn't half increase the difficulty on some of the DLC tour events, some of them are very, very hard.

Damn the Venom Hot Lap. Last star I need and I've been at it for hours. My best time is 1:16.184. So frustrating. Any tips?

I found the extra time for me on two corners, the first slow left corner that leads to the back straight (brake early, turn in and accelerate across the apex) and the right turn that leads to the chicane - lots of guys take the bend too quickly, use all the track and compromise their line through the chicane when your better off going in slower and staying more to the inside of the track which gives you a straight run & more speed through the chicane (hope that makes sense).

ThankeeSai

Got this yesterday (thanks, Amazon Prime). Really enjoying it, however....is there any way to get the scoreboards to show my psn id, not my real name?

Got this yesterday (thanks, Amazon Prime). Really enjoying it, however....is there any way to get the scoreboards to show my psn id, not my real name?

Hmm pretty sure the online scores will show your psn ID, you have to do a real name request for peeps to see your real name.

hwy_61

Banned
Hmm pretty sure the online scores will show your psn ID, you have to do a real name request for peeps to see your real name.

This is right. It makes sense that you're seeing your real name, but others who aren't "close friends" with you will see your PSN name.

ThankeeSai

So only I can see my real name? I'm at the home screen now and next to my profile picture (my Facebook profile picture, the profile that's linked to my psn id) is my full name. Every scoreboard I'm on, whether it's single player or online, it shows my real name.

I was trying to complete Cayoosh Trials earlier and it showed my best time in the top right with my real name above it. Not ideal for streaming etc. Only thing I can think to do is unlink my facebook account. :/

So only I can see my real name? I'm at the home screen now and next to my profile picture (my Facebook profile picture, the profile that's linked to my psn id) is my full name. Every scoreboard I'm on, whether it's single player or online, it shows my real name.

I was trying to complete Cayoosh Trials earlier and it showed my best time in the top right with my real name above it. Not ideal for streaming etc. Only thing I can think to do is unlink my facebook account. :/
Odd, I see my PSN username.

I'm looking for a more laid back club to join. Basically a club where everyone is just interested in unlocking new cars, not too serious or in it to win it. Any recommendations?

Skii

Finally beat the Championship in the Element tour. I used the Gumpert during my first stint but decided to go with the Pagani Zonda R and it was so much easier. The Gumpert just drifts far too much in the rain/snow. I ended up being 10 seconds quicker than second after I completed the final race. 405/405 stars :D

Spacejaws

So... I have a question.

I haven't played many racing games online and when I created my drivers name I used my real name like I usually do, except now I've played online I see my real name displayed.

Now is that for my benifiet because all the other racers looked like the psn id's? And if not does anyone know how you go about changing driver name? (Im just gonna have to delete me save huh :( )

Edit: ok nvm it was pulling my real name from my profile so I went and renamed my real name to Space Jaws. Didnt think the real name section got broadcast to other players, the only other ps4 game I play online is BF4 and it lists my psn id. To be fair I don't rightly know if other players see that or psn but it made me a bit nervous anyway.

IKizzLE

Is their an ETA for when EvoStudios will fix the endless online spinning ring in multiplayer?
Also when they will add private servers?
And also, when they will take out the velcro side walls?

Drifters

Drifters reporting in. Count me in for a Zealot for people buying the game. Playing through the single races and then can't wait to play against some of you!

I have a question. Let's say I'm in a club. Does whatever fame I earn while offline get added to the club whenever I go online? For example: I don't currently have internet at home, but I have access to it at least once a week while at my gf's. If I'm in a club, does whatever fame I earn while at home get added to the club whenever I get connected at my gf's house?

benzy

I have a question. Let's say I'm in a club. Does whatever fame I earn while offline get added to the club whenever I go online? For example: I don't currently have internet at home, but I have access to it at least once a week while at my gf's. If I'm in a club, does whatever fame I earn while at home get added to the club whenever I get connected at my gf's house?

Yup.

800,000+ people on the leaderboards.

Not bad considering the rocky start it had.

That's come on quite a bit from last time I looked and I bet there will be quite a few more to appear who got it with their PS4 For Xmas but haven't got times on the leaderboards yet due to the PSN being down.

krioto

The last race in the Elements championship is insanity .
Now only the venom 2 hot lap to beat - I haven't even looked at it yet; saving the best till last

T_Exige

I got 404/405 stars, the only one missing is from Venom Hot Lap 2.
Won't be trying again after a time 1:21 800, no fun at all...
The rest of the tour was cool, even the hardest championship so far :)

Still got a spot left in our club, lv41 Le Mans Racing.
Can't wait for the future content.

Top Bottom