• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Got this for Christmas, wish I could enjoy it with the online social features. As it is now, I can't even access certain vehicles because I'm not connected online. That sucks. The actual gameplay though, I love. Cant wait for PSN to be working again so I can buy the season pass and see what Driveclub is really like.
Well hey, you're getting the true experience that people who got it at launch had!

But I hope PSN comes back soon. This is getting ridiculous.

And just like that done- seconds quicker than my previous best.
I did it with the Lotus. If anything, game made me hate BMW, Bentley and Chevrolet.
Only used the Bentley once online as a loan. I haven't had a reason to use BMW yet as an Audi always feels like a better option.

I did it with the Lotus. If anything, game made me hate BMW, Bentley and Chevrolet.

I don't mind the Bentley handling & speed wise, just a lot of guys tend use it as a battering ram online as its bigger & heavier than everything else in its class. Not tried the Chevrolet yet but I can't see it being something I'll use by choice, and yeah I completely agree on the BMW's, they were one of the last manufacturer accolades I unlocked and I haven't used them since unless they were the only option.

Ranger X

Do you guys know if the game uploads offline stuff properly?

If there are known bugs regarding this, I might want to wait for PSN to work again in order to continue my game,

Mokubba

OHy67lJ.jpg

This glitched on me yesterday, I'm guessing due to network issues and I had to wait until PSN was back up to confirm today.

Someone please tell me I don't have to do that last event again.

And intense. Going +270 mph at night in those tiny roads is scary.

Nitpicking,
but I don't think even McLaren P1 goes that fast, remember that almost all cars are european and many will use Metric units, also the event you are talking about uses "slower" Ferraris, Maserati etc which won't go past 200 mph probably.

Of course if you aren't in cockpit it will use miles instead of km regardless.

Wanny

So I wanted to buy Driveclub and I noticed that Logitech wheels (G25/G27) are not supported ? Is this still true to this day?

They just lost a sale there...

Nitpicking,
but I don't think even McLaren P1 goes that fast, remember that almost all cars are european and many will use Metric units, also the event you are talking about uses "slower" Ferraris, Maserati etc which won't go past 200 mph probably.

Of course if you aren't in cockpit it will use miles instead of km regardless.

I noticed that too however the Hennessy has been clocked at 270 unofficially (nitpicking;-)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennessey_Venom_GT

But yeah he meant kph :)

Just did my first race with a Hyper-car

JT5YzVo.gif

Hehe yeah the first time you use one you can't believe anyone can control one!

So I wanted to buy Driveclub and I noticed that Logitech wheels (G25/G27) are not supported ? Is this still true to this day?

They just lost a sale there...

Tells you all about the situation here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-05-whats-the-deal-with-ps4-and-xbox-one-steering-wheels

Got the game gifted to me for christmas, just started playing (not like i could yesterday, psn cough) and enjoying it for now. I love how the car handles, only having one to start is kinda boring though.
If anyone wants to play my psn id is: "shinwa it"

hwy_61

Banned
Asked this in the PSN down thread, might as well ask here:

So...I'm renting Driveclub tonight. Am I going to be able to play without PSN?

Auctopus

Asked this in the PSN down thread, might as well ask here:

So...I'm renting Driveclub tonight. Am I going to be able to play without PSN?

Yep, but only Tour/Singe Event mode and none of your times will register so you can only race your ghost in time trials and bots in races.

Auctopus

thank you sir. It's on sale in the US, but I want to try it out first.

Well, when the whole game is working online (which it does now, it's only PSN failing atm) it is incredible. Racing other people's ghosts, clubs, challenges and the players themselves online is all addictive and fun. Not to mention the game is the best looking PS4 game.

Remember that the Tour mode doesn't have the weather integrated despite the game having so, so remember to start the game with a single event and turn on 'Heavy Precipitation'.

Also, if you're bored in the first parts of Tour, don't worry. Once you get a bit of throttle in the sports class, you'll be having a blast.

This game was just on the news here in Portugal. It was basically a 5 minute ad for the game, with the reporter going on and on about how awesome the game is. Sony's really trying to turn things around for this game. It's a shame the launch was such a mess.

witness

Finally connected to PSN this morning, immediately joined a club a fellow gafer had on my friends list. Just did some time trials to mess around and I love all the little challenges that come up while you're racing. Very cool, I'm going to dig into this big time over the weekend, and buy the season pass. So far I'm just not getting how to drift, any advice?

Also, feel free so send me a friend request on PSN! Witness_0783

desu

Okay thanks. Looks like I won't buy racing games on PS4.

You mean you won't be buying any racing games for current gen consoles as none neither the G25 nor the G27 work on any of them out of the box.

Also someone in the GT thread had mentioned that GT7 is supposed to have G27/25? support, however how true that will be for the final release ...

Overall I agree that it's a super shitty situation, it really should be possible to have one wheel for all consoles and be done with it, they are expensive enough already.

newjeruse

Why are the championship trophies segregated into their own little section? Do those count as part of the platinum? This game seems like it has a fairly easy platinum to obtain.

Why are the championship trophies segregated into their own little section? Do those count as part of the platinum? This game seems like it has a fairly easy platinum to obtain.

It is quite an easy platinum, I think it's because they promised you could get the plat with the PS+ version so they had to separate it.

desu

It's just grinding, really nothing hard about the platinum trophy.

gogogow

I have this game for a couple of days and I like it. But how do you access the weather races? Are there rainy/snowy/stormy weather conditions in the tour events?

desu

I have this game for a couple of days and I like it. But how do you access the weather races? Are there rainy/snowy/stormy weather conditions in the tour events?

The first tour races with weather are the Elements DLC races. If you want weather without the DLC you can only get it in solo races.

Radec

The game is fucking amazing. Wow.

Im still bad at it due to me getting distracted on the environment while driving. lol

OchreHand

Happy to see new people here, cause I am one of them, :)This game is intense. I managed to get the weather patch right before the servers went down but I don't think I have the Elements tour? I guess that's another download.

It's been said before but I absolutely love the lighting engine In this game.

Does anyone know if it syncs fame and lap times once the servers come back on again? I managed to grab my season pass and the latest 2 tours when it was online this morning and it'd be nice to know if my lap times are gonna count when its operational again.

desu

Man, really fuck the Legend Trophy. Guess Hyper class is just not for me, skating on ice skates "The Game" and especially horrible on that last corner of the last track ...

djjinx2

Does anyone know if it syncs fame and lap times once the servers come back on again? I managed to grab my season pass and the latest 2 tours when it was online this morning and it'd be nice to know if my lap times are gonna count when its operational again.

It should all count :)

Man, really fuck the Legend Trophy. Guess Hyper class is just not for me, skating on ice skates "The Game" and especially horrible on that last corner of the last track ...

Practice and patience and you will reap rewards

Got this from a relative for Christmas, and I must admit, this game is really good! I gave it a lot of flack for the awful launch and then pushing DLC before the PS+ version and all that stuff, but I'm really enjoying it.

The gameplay feels like a really good mix of realism and arcade. I'm finding it really fun trying to shave time off of my lap times.

Oh, and the visuals are GORGEOUS. Seriously absurd on some tracks.

gogogow

The first tour races with weather are the Elements DLC races. If you want weather without the DLC you can only get it in solo races.

Thanks for answering. Not sure what to do. Elements DLC costs €1.99, but another DLC pack is like €5.99. Season pass is €24.99. The problem is of course that I don't know how long i'll be playing this game. Like I said, I like it, but I get easily distracted by other games and since I have a huge backlog on all platforms and most of the DLC will be released in 2015. We all know how many big hitters will be released in that year too. And i'm not a fan of season passes in general, never got one. Decisions, decisions.

Also, I just played a solo race and configured the weather options. Holy shit, it looks nice, but I also don't see shit lol.

desu

Would someone who loves all the Turismo and Ridge Racer games, but not a fan of Project Gotham like this?

I think this could be something for you. I wonder if this would be a good way to use Shareplay, to let someone just try out the game (since there is no demo/PSN+ version yet).

Would someone who loves all the Turismo and Ridge Racer games, but not a fan of Project Gotham like this?

Kind of an impossible question to answer seeing as GT and RR are at completely opposite ends of the car racing spectrum and PGR and DC are somewhere in between, and you don't state why the dislike for PGR.

There's tonnes of info in this thread but briefly the handling is like a more accessible GT with no car customisation apart from the cosmetic. Tracks are (currently) all set in the countryside, no city tracks. Tha graphics are damn gorgeous, the driving feel sublime and the sense of speed is stunning. There are no driver aids, you need to put the time into learning the tracks and the cars to reap the rewards. There is no fluff or collectable nonsense.

Top Bottom