• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub Pre-E3 preview event

viveks86

Looks like challenges have a lifetime. In this example, "Expires in 3 hours and 55 minutes"

jbiqgdeCTY9niQ.png

lol @ IGN, how opportunistic. You can't even compare the two games. One is a rushed launch title, is 60fps and takes shortcuts out the wazoo. The other is far different.

lol @ IGN. You can't even compare the two games. One is a rushed launch title, is 60fps and takes shortcuts out the wazoo. The other is far different.

The tracks look great, I hope the layouts are challenging and interesting.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Since we have nothing else on PS4 to compare it to yet, I'd say that Driveclub's 1080p, 30 frame-per-second graphics are roughly on par with Forza Motorsport 5's 1080p/60fps looks. I'd give the slight edge to Forza when making a mental comparison, but I'd have to put them side-by-side in order to really make a call. But this isn't a console face-off; PS4 players are certainly not going to be disappointed by Driveclub's looks.

WTF?

nib95

Banned
The crowds were 3d in past videos so if they are 2d now

DOWNGRADE

Watch the latest 1080p videos on the DriveClub media page. They're 3D. No weird arms or anything either from what I can see, but it's difficult to tell much. Hundreds of people in a blaze of motion blur lol.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
A lot of people condemn N4G but apart from Gaf, it's the go to place for gaming information for thousands of people ... Now what has that got to do with Driveclub? N4G has a star system. Those sites with the most stars generate the most 'heat' with the least comments. IGN is a top rated site with the most stars possible. So, when the IGN article releases, it's likely to get to the top spot above all the other articles ... which is a real shame.

Liking what I'm hearing and seeing. The challenges within the race make this very appealing to me as I usually get bored of racers easily.

Sites have business bringing up Forza comparisons. It is lazy and totally missed the point.

Still day one for me, if not more so. Ryan has always been a mamma's boy to Xbox, so of course he's going to say that Forza 5 looks better. Its a result of gaming media's move away from objectivity to an emphasis on editorial opinions in all content. Sad that things have reached the point where distrust is at all time highs, but whatever it takes to get the most traffic I suppose.

Tsundere

Banned
If you cant see the graphical deficiencies in those shots im definitely not the one that needs their eyes checked

Im assuming its replay mode too from lack of HUD.

lol, that's an assumption alright....

It's widely been known that you can disable the HUD during gameplay.

Sweet baby jesus these previews are awesome! Seems like everyone loves this game.

While some people argue 30Vs60 FPS I think I'm gonna go and pre order this bad boy =P

From the Computer and videogames preview:

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-why-driveclubs-delay-was-the-right-decision/

Locations are similarly stunning, with full day/night cycles highlighting the game's impressive dynamic lighting. As the wind blows, trees shake accordingly and even the clouds - which also directly affect the lighting depending on where they are in the sky - move in the right direction.

Driving through India, bystanders throw confetti as you pass them: dangerous but delightful. Others release balloons, while parking next to a flowery bush lets you see its pink blossoms blowing off in the wind, wafting onto the road and dancing along it with each gust.

At times you could argue it's almost too detailed. At night the stars in the sky aren't just randomly applied, they're the accurate constellations based on that location and time according to NASA data.

The moon, meanwhile, is over-exposed and glows bright to help you see in the dark, but that glow actually hides a detailed moon model with craters and the like. "You'll probably never see those craters," art director Alex Perkins tells us, "but we like knowing they're there".

Nice touches! Definitely hyping up!

fasTRapid

Banned
Hmm why is everyone jumping on IGN when gamespot said this:
That's equally stupid. Driveclub's leagues above Forza in all regards except for the framerate. They probably thought of Vista or some other shenanigan mode that's not actually interactive and therefore has much better models present.

That's equally stupid. Driveclub's leagues above Forza in all regards except for the framerate. They probably thought of Vista or some other shenanigan mode that's not actually interactive and therefore has much better models present.

Forza has got 16 cars on screen vs DC's 12, does that not count for anything?

Flo_Evans

Well if we are just going to oogle at car models does it matter?

I race in bumper cam and don't spend much time behind other cars... I actually appreciate the high res menu models in GT and forza.

Driveclub devs talk about how detailed and shit their cars are and show them off from obviously not gameplay angles... how is it not valid?

Synth

I'll probably get jumped on for this.. but as someone that plays Forza 5 regularly, I haven't really seen any actual Driveclub gameplay footage that convinces me that the car models are noticeably more detailed than Forza 5's. The lighting definitely helps the way they looks, but I'm not so certain about them being more detailed.

Of course, I would also say the same thing vice versa, so I don't agree with the idea that "it's no contest".

Gestault

This comes off as an overly selective way to assess two games with completely different play styles while ignoring some otherwise very important things in each.

You're comparing apples to oranges, but you're saying oranges have smoother skin because the apple's skin doesn't count.

Top Bottom