• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB VR |OT| The Vomit Comet

One cool thing I discovered last night is that if you save a replay and then play it back, you can be a passenger in the car. When I first looked over and saw the driver for the first time I was shocked and really felt a sense of presence (more so than actually playing the game). You can also teleport to the other cars and see all the different car interiors and drivers, I like to teleport to the car in second place and just take a ride with them whilst watching myself win!

Shame about the resolution, this game badly needs to be supersampled. I feel this would be a better choice for VR:
my-free-games-auto-modellista.jpg

Hey guys,

I posted this in the regular Driveclub OT as well. I've been trying to join the Driveclub VR Club for the last couple of days and haven't been getting a response. Any chance anyone in this thread can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Surprising how much easier the Venom Hotlap is with VR, almost did it first try without putting much effort in. The hypers at midnight on the faster tracks whilst the headlights of the car behind you illuminating the interior is something else, only thing I have ever got close to that is driving down country lanes late on but never had the added sense of urgency the light creates, it captures an atmosphere that is special.

I'm having a great time with it. The graphics are a bit shit (worst looking PSVR game I've played). However the feeling of driving and looking around is something to behold. Helps that I got it for $20 for being a season passer.

I also get a huge kick out of standing up, leaning forward, and putting my face through the menus. Don't know why, but it is amazing.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I tried the demo last night - finally. It was awesome ogling over the cars both inside and out, but when the race started, I immediately wished the game was running in higher resolution, or had better AA. Overall, I think the graphics have survived just fine from the non-VR version - other than resolution. I hope PS4Pro version of this will have better IQ, because otherwise the game seems really great in every way.

It is also incredibly easier and more natural judging and negotiating the curves in VR than it is on a regular TV.

antibolo

Banned
Yesterday I tried the RIGS demo and that game does something interesting where it can limit your FOV which supposedly helps for VR sickness. I wonder if that would help in this game if they were to also add that feature.

I wonder how much the force feedback wheel helps with reduction of Naseau if at all. My thought would be because it introduces and additional stimuli and some feeling of integrating the motion that it would lessen the effects.

Don't know if it will reduce anyone's motion sickness, because I have none.

....but I can assure you it's fuckin awesome!

Just cross posting this from the Driveclub OT

Some of you may have received a challenge from me, in either of the two versions or both. This is just a little experiment I thought I'd run to see if there's any advantage (fidelity vs framerate) between them. Personally I seem to find it easier in VR now, but I'm not massively quicker. I do seem to be placing way higher up the leader boards than I used to in DC however so I'd be interested to see how peeps go on. If you want to have a go and haven't got a challenge then drop me a psn message and I'll forward you the challenge (it's a mclaren 650s on wester Ross btw)

It'd be great to have some more DCVR players take part so we can get a comparison and more impressions. My PSN is DHC-Shannow.

Loving the game despite the blur, the sense of close racing with other cars is amazing. Just wish there were more peeps online, hopefully that'll come in time as more headsets become available.

Is there no way to use DriveClub DLC with this?

I think most of the DLC is already in there, tho I haven't seen any lambo's yet...

Just cross posting this from the Driveclub OT

It'd be great to have some more DCVR players take part so we can get a comparison and more impressions. My PSN is DHC-Shannow.

Loving the game despite the blur, the sense of close racing with other cars is amazing. Just wish there were more peeps online, hopefully that'll come in time as more headsets become available.

I think most of the DLC is already in there, tho I haven't seen any lambo's yet...

Yeah not seen them yet either, pretty sure the original DC has over 110 cars, VR is quoted at 80 so there are certainly a few missing unfortunately which is a shame as I loved the Lambos

The blurry IQ is really hurting DriveClub VR. I'd put money on this running at a low native resolution because no other games seem this blurry, the lack of AA doesn't help either.

I think the PS4 Pro will bring a resolution boost and better AA (maybe downsampling) and make this game look far less blurry and maybe add a few extra bells and whistles to the graphics too.

KORNdoggy

Yesterday I tried the RIGS demo and that game does something interesting where it can limit your FOV which supposedly helps for VR sickness. I wonder if that would help in this game if they were to also add that feature.

i turned that off immediately. it feels like limiting your view so you're looking down a toilet roll tube is kind of immersion breaking and defeats the purpose of VR. but if it helps people not throw up, an option wouldn't be the worst idea.

played this for 2 hours last night. loved it. i'm WAY better at this game in VR then i am 2D. it's kinda crazy how much it's improved my cockpit cam game.

Piichan

Banned
This comes out next month in Japan, really looking forward to it.

Just a question: I heard there's a motorcycle expansion for Driveclub. Any word on if this will be added to VR too?

This comes out next month in Japan, really looking forward to it.

Just a question: I heard there's a motorcycle expansion for Driveclub. Any word on if this will be added to VR too?

Theres been no mention of the Bike expansion coming to DCVR, I think the leaning movement might be too much for people to cope with (tho they could maybe use that as a way of motion controlling the bike come to think of it...) - You can play the original in cinema mode though which would probably be pretty good.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
About 100 stars into the Tour and still really enjoying it. Nothing beats driving round in an open-top car!

No issues with motion sickness, but it has drifted a couple of times to the point where I finished the race facing straight left. Resetting fixed it though.

Anarion07

Man I love the multiplayer in this. Turning your head and watching someone take you over or the other way round just makes it so much better

About 100 stars into the Tour and still really enjoying it. Nothing beats driving round in an open-top car!

No issues with motion sickness, but it has drifted a couple of times to the point where I finished the race facing straight left. Resetting fixed it though.

Grabbed all the gold stars already and have done the Venom trial too, just need to grind out level 60 and drive off road for a bit, will jump in the Wombat for that one.

There was a deleted tweet in the official psvr topic... maybe they jumped the gun.

Yeah but no one knows if that's even an official twitter account, I'm betting on it being fake tbh.

Theres been no mention of the Bike expansion coming to DCVR, I think the leaning movement might be too much for people to cope with (tho they could maybe use that as a way of motion controlling the bike come to think of it...) - You can play the original in cinema mode though which would probably be pretty good.

There was a deleted tweet in the official psvr topic... maybe they jumped the gun.

Maybe it's a stupid question, but which tracks are there in VR? All of them + the new ones or just some of the reworked for VR?

I'm itching to buy the VR game since I have the season pass and a proper wheel setup...

antibolo

Banned
Maybe it's a stupid question, but which tracks are there in VR? All of them + the new ones or just some of the reworked for VR?

I'm itching to buy the VR game since I have the season pass and a proper wheel setup...

Have you tried the demo first? Don't buy the game before having confirmed that it won't make you sick.

All the original tracks are in there plus the 15 new tracks - the only cuts appear to be the Lamborghini's and the Renault Alpine...

Pbae

Has anybody with a Pro tried Driveclub VR yet?

I held off on buying it because the demo was a blurry mess on the OG PS4, hopefully the Pro can alleviate this with supersampling.

According to the PS EU Blog it should get a day one Pro patch;

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-will-be-optimised-for-ps4-pro-on-launch-day/

I'm in the same boat. The visual fidelity was lacking but the sense of presence was definitely there for me so I'm hoping it's a big boost with the pro.

I crossing my fingers that the demo gets patched for the pro so we can actually experience the upgrade rather than just hearing about others experiences.

MrBigBoy

Has anybody with a Pro tried Driveclub VR yet?

I held off on buying it because the demo was a blurry mess on the OG PS4, hopefully the Pro can alleviate this with supersampling.

According to the PS EU Blog it should get a day one Pro patch;

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-will-be-optimised-for-ps4-pro-on-launch-day/

I'm in the same boat. The visual fidelity was lacking but the sense of presence was definitely there for me so I'm hoping it's a big boost with the pro.

I crossing my fingers that the demo gets patched for the pro so we can actually experience the upgrade rather than just hearing about others experiences.
Today I got my PS4 Pro so I could finally use my PSVR and played the demo, I liked it so I bought the full version.

I can't play it yet because my friend is now playing Ratched, but I'll let you know if there's any improvemend.

Pbae

Today I got my PS4 Pro so I could finally use my PSVR and played the demo, I liked it so I bought the full version.

I can't play it yet because my friend is now playing Ratched, but I'll let you know if there's any improvemend.

Exciting!

Let us know whenever you get the chance.

So who's playing this?

The online pop is thin to say the least. Gotta be a few gaffers out there who want to get some races going.

Doing time trials since I've basically completed the career (minus a few gold's here and there that I'll get back to).

So who's playing this?

The online pop is thin to say the least. Gotta be a few gaffers out there who want to get some races going.

Doing time trials since I've basically completed the career (minus a few gold's here and there that I'll get back to).

I'm online a lot of nights, I'm also running a competition between the 2 versions of the game - most of the discussion is on the DC OT in community so if you're looking for people to race against or some competition / challenges head over there...

Top Bottom