• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSlite sleek black edition

black, Black BLACK!

_40046595_203death.jpg

I must have a Black DS Lite.

Its pretty suprising that Europe gets something exclusive. NOE has probably spent thier 5 year marketing budget on these CK Lite adverts so lets hope it works for them.

Considering that last two DS colours that Europe were the pastel pink and blue, NOE must be trying to shake off the kidding image that the DS has in the UK and other countries.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
aoi tsuki said:
My money's on Australia launching with pink, next Smarch.
http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/news/index.php

Melbourne, Australia May 5th 2006 – Nintendo Australia is pleased to announce the new member of the Nintendo DS™ range, the upgraded Nintendo DS™ Lite, will be available in Australia on June 1st, at SRP$199.95.

Nintendo DS Lite, launching in Polar White, features brighter screens, is approximately two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and about 20 percent lighter. It also features a larger stylus and repositioned button layout, all the while maintaining all of the original Nintendo DS features, as well as screen size.
i'll take your money thanks. :)

Ogni-XR21

Looks very nice, might get that one - but I also like the white one...

Maybe I'll wait till Zelda is released and get a golden DSlite (we all know that ones coming).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mr_Moogle said:
Does this apply for Australia? Nintendos website doesnt mention it. I hope we get Black too.

White's only been annouced, and I've been told that Black is a while off, I would expect the Japan pink and black to launched next down here.

At least we get it first :p

Keio

For a Finer World
Dimmuxx said:
Black, Black no. 1

Sweden gets it on 22th June btw.. Sweden ftw <3
Finland too, due to Midsummer holiday - and Finland FTW especially after the Eurovision song contest :)

Sho Nuff

Banned
I guess I'll get black because I haven't bought a DS lite

BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN FUCKING SOLD OUT IN TOKYO FOR 3 MONTHS, THANKS NINTENDO

Looks awesome.

Out in the Western Hemisphere and going to be stuck with white, alas, but I've put off buying a DS long enough and I don't want to keep waiting :p

Zep

Banned
Shit like this makes me hate Nintendo. They bring out a product I want and get bullshit ass white. WHITE! Who the fuck likes white!? Thats like wearing all white shoes!

Nintendo hates the USA.

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
First no Front Misson 5, then the white only DS, now the UK gets black one!? For the last time, NOT ALL OF US VOTED FOR BUSH!!! *cries*

yilmazz

Rabid Pancake said:
First no Front Misson 5, then the white only DS, now the UK gets black one!? For the last time, NOT ALL OF US VOTED FOR BUSH!!! *cries*

That's what you get living in a democracy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Waiting has paid off!
Once you go black you can never go back!

Paying 150 euros as opposed to $130 does hurt, but having Black outweighs the price difference - although I'm pretty sure North America will get Black eventually.

The new Goth style DS looks pretty cool. Should go over well in Europe. The only thing that would make me cancel my preorder is a fire engine red version.

Kroole

Hmm.. I swore I would never import a handheld after both of my imported DS (returned one) had a stuck pixel but.. Well the price in Sweden is quite steep :/
Everyone who has bought a Japanese DS, were there any problems with stuck/dead pixels?

E-Nature

I really have to check out the black edition in-store. although I totally LOVE my white DSL and I think the white is slightly sexier!

yilmazz said:
OMG, I'm feeling raped by the price but now there is also a black DSL... cannot resist.. wanna make love to both.. help! :(

Why? The original DS is selling for £90 in most places, an extra £10 for the new model is a bargain.

Considering buying this now, I've got a GBASP but I don't play it much because the screen ain't bright enough. Black looks nice, and I need to see why people love Phoenix Wright.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think I prefer polar white. The black one looks slightly brown in some of those shots (?) It might help to see them with the screens turned on..maybe the screen would jump out a little more on the black one.

yilmazz

travisbickle said:
Why? The original DS is selling for £90 in most places, an extra £10 for the new model is a bargain.

Considering buying this now, I've got a GBASP but I don't play it much because the screen ain't bright enough. Black looks nice, and I need to see why people love Phoenix Wright.

Well, the orignal DS bundled with Mario Kart is 130 Euro.. so was hoping that the DSL would be 130 Euro without a game. :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Fuck you, Nintendo.

Not even 1$=1€ .... scam alert.

Yeah. You can pick it up shipped from videogamesplus.ca for €111. Probably cheaper off eBay once it's out in the states and you can take advantage of the US dollar conversion (the US conversion is ~€100)

edit - oops, not shipped at that price. Shipping is extra, and DHL to boot, so you'd probably get caught with customs. So eBay might be your best bet unless there's somewhere else..

yilmazz said:
Well, the orignal DS bundled with Mario Kart is 130 Euro.. so was hoping that the DSL would be 130 Euro without a game. :(

I suppose you can get a DS with mario kart or nintendogs for £100 but the DS Lite has some significant changes that (from a consumer perspective) make it worth a bit more.

Johnas

It's almost like Nintendo heard us. I shall wait for this to come to the U.S., and get a black Wii to match.

This could very well be thanks to a greater 'success' here.

We have had 1$=1€ for every DS price (launch, drop, bundles)...and now, 129$ vs 149€, why I cry, why...

I know its just 20€ but it really annoys me when Europe gets scammed more than usual ¬¬

While I do feel for the high pricing in Europe, at least Nintendo is doing the right thing and giving you the black DS first. Remember Nintendo loves you and I would recommend getting your preorders in. You have to admin, the most impressive thing I've seen with Nintendo is that they are sooo intune with gamers right now. Its almost like they read these boards.

:)

inthegray

the black looks alright, but i'm still happy that i'm picking the white one up this june.

DaddyZ said:
Shit like this makes me hate Nintendo. They bring out a product I want and get bullshit ass white. WHITE! Who the fuck likes white!? Thats like wearing all white shoes!

Nintendo hates the USA.

there are lots of great looking all-white shoes. also, grow up.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Polari said:
Damn. Reminds me of a Thinkpad, and I love Thinkpads.

*High-five*

inthegray said:
there are lots of great looking all-white shoes. also, grow up.

Damn right. Just bought some AF1 Premiums. :)

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
DaddyZ said:

Nintendo hates the USA.

I have white shoes that cost more then a DS Lite, stop the hate.

Leatherface

Damn! I want black now. American games will work on Japanese and Europe DSLite's right?

type-o-negative_0001.jpg

BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK NUMBAH OOOOOONE!

Adagio

richman555 said:
While I do feel for the high pricing in Europe, at least Nintendo is doing the right thing and giving you the black DS first. Remember Nintendo loves you and I would recommend getting your preorders in. You have to admin, the most impressive thing I've seen with Nintendo is that they are sooo intune with gamers right now. Its almost like they read these boards.

:)
Nice bullshit.

saelz8

So, this ones coming out in germany?

DS's are multi-regional correct? So if I buy one in Germany and then move to the states, everything will be perfectly fine?

Kazuya

Yeah but you gonna have to buy another AC adaptor :eek: if you make a detour through Belgium we could exchange, I need an european adaptor :>

Top Bottom