• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSlite sleek black edition

DCX

DCX
Looks fantastic, i'm going to get a DS Lite, maybe by XMAS...i wonder if they are going to release this color or maybe others before then.

DCX

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
back_in_black.jpg

SuomiDude

I remember in that one thread where I argued with some guys who said how Nintendo is screwing over Europe, but I said they've improved a lot. This is one more proof that NoE has indeed improved a lot. :)

sammy

I don't dig black consoles/handhelds that much, but I'll be damned if that lite doesn't have me craving some licorice...

yilmazz said:
Even with 17% taxes there is a gap of almost 50$.. I thank NOE for that.
take off the 17.5 % tax and you're looking at £82.50 or so. Which is a $25 more than what the US pay, but i think the import costs and tax to Europe add's that extra few dollar on, and they have to take into account the dollar fluctuation at the moment. Don't know where you get $50 cheaper from!

The only reason the US got it at the same price as the original DS is because sales of the DS haven't been great. Plus Americans seem to be the most price conscious among the 3 regions, look at the crazy sales of the GBA for instance.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Seriously wtf NOA?!? First it takes them forever to release the ds lite here, and now we only get the polar white?! Both Europe and Japan got choices at launch. The DS lite could actually use the black version here to compete better against the PSP.

Spike

What colour(s) will the Wii be available in? I'd like them to match up.

I haven't seen a DSLite in person yet so I can't make a choice of just picking up a white DSL on June 11, or waiting for the eventual NA release of the Black DSLite.

I'd think that the DSL pricing will be the same as the original DS because there were talks about the DSL replacing the regular DS... Dunno how much truth is still in that, but I'm not complaining, even if I only get one color to choose from (mainly 'cos I'm holding out for pink).

hitsugi

D; surprisingly not a fan of the black one at all... besides i-pods, i still prefer the clean, white look for electronics.

Spike

Actually, isn't it a little funny how here in NA, we have a white DSLite, yet we want the black DSLite. And we have a black PSP, yet want the white PSP.

Tsubaki

Spike said:
Actually, isn't it a little funny how here in NA, we have a white DSLite, yet we want the black DSLite. And we have a black PSP, yet want the white PSP.

Not really. It's more like the white lovers are happy with their white DSLs but complain about PSPs. The black lovers are happy with their PSPs but complain about their DSLs.

White > Black.

Just bought one of these:

70000cw_package.jpg

Xrenity

coldvein said:
I've never held a DS, black white or navy blue, are they really that SHINY? Seems like they'd get smudged as hell really quickly.
They're pretty shiny.

You don't see smudges on white though (unless you look at it from the sides, at some light source).

Jasoco

Banned
I'm still getting the white.

Just like I'm getting a white Wii.

And if I could have at the start, I would have gotten a white PSP.

And that white PSTwo looks sweet. I want a white GameCube..

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hmmm... I want to get black... but it going to attract fingerprints like a magnet. :(

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Enamel Navy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

C4Lukins

White is just so much better. I still regret getting a black IPOD. They are so hard to keep clean and looking nice. Although the DS doesn't appear to be that super shiney PSP black. I still prefer the white.

Imagine a white-themed room with a white HDTV, white couches, a macbook, white psp, white ds, and white PSP.
And a Wii, of course.
Sex.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
C4Lukins said:
White is just so much better. I still regret getting a black IPOD. They are so hard to keep clean and looking nice. Although the DS doesn't appear to be that super shiney PSP black. I still prefer the white.

QFT. I bought the 30GB in black and I have it wrapped in a protective case so the color is obsolete. Before the case, though, I had a horrible time keeping smudges off. White for me.

yonder

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
Imagine a white-themed room with a white HDTV, white couches, a macbook, white psp, white ds, and white PSP.
And a Wii, of course.
Sex.
Albinos could hide in there and you'd never know!

Dazzla

I've had my Navy DS lite since launch but I'm giving that to my cousin and buying a white one. The navy got smudgy and showed dirt, the black will be the same. Besides I don't think it looks as nice as navy anyway.

As a bonus the white will match my Macbook (that had no influence on my decision at all ;) )

I live in the US but I'll be going to Poland for a month this summer so will a generic power converter or do I need a special Nintendo brand product? I don't know much about all that voltage stuff :\

(Damn you Europe for getting black)

EphemeralDream said:
I live in the US but I'll be going to Poland for a month this summer so will a generic power converter or do I need a special Nintendo brand product? I don't know much about all that voltage stuff :\

american ds or gba:sp connector will work fine. I have an american DS and use my UK gba:sp adapter to charge.

cvxfreak

EphemeralDream said:

You can get a USB Adapter for one of the HK import sites as well.

Matix

Seeing how my Black PSP looks like a fucking herd of fingers molested the shit out of it, I'll pass on the Darker colored DS versions (eh.. that didn't sound right).

Aurora

AdmiralViscen said:
fuck

should I cancel my white preorder?

YES

Damn, I was already psyched for the EU launch and now I find out we're getting black! :D

Best colour IMO. Good upgrade from my black DS.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Matix said:
Seeing how my Black PSP looks like a fucking herd of fingers molested the shit out of it, I'll pass on the Darker colored DS versions (eh.. that didn't sound right).

So true...:lol

Top Bottom