• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 PS4/Xbone/PS5/XsX gameplay comparison.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
XBOX One is super blurry, even why the compression artifacts of Youtube, probably sub-900p.

Still interesting that it can rock modern titles.

Lol, you said it yourself you cant really tell on a 1080p 30fps YouTube video

Last edited:

Sosokrates

You can definitely see that it is really blurry, even with the compression artifacts, especially in still frames.

But let's see the technical analysis.

I don't see the last gen graphics. To me it's a mid gen game, like Far Cry 4 on 360.
Looks blurry on all of them

Sosokrates

Seriously. Compare the PS4 footage (probably native 1080P) to XBOX One. They don't look the same at all.

They both look pretty similar.
Point is this youtube video is not good for comparison because its rather low quality.

Game looks pretty good. While the paraglider is all well and good, I'm not a fan of those wind lift things. Kinda strange to see in a more realistic-ish game like this. Also don't really care for the wall running mechanic. Still excited though as I just started playing thru the first Dying Light game and I'm definitely enjoying it.
Agree ..the wind lifts are offputting. They've clearly gamified this one

Has nobody else noticed that they've been hiding gameplay footage of this game for the Ps5/series X? Seen this kinda thing done before and it doesn't bode well for the optimization on the next gen consoles.

Scour YouTube and you will not find a single video of ps5/series x, except for that short and unimpressive trailer showing off "next gen modes". Everything is PC code. Ant real, extended gameplay is PC except for 30 seconds of sketchy edited footage of the "modes". There was one gameplay "ps5" video some idiot posted but after watching it turned our to be PC just mislabeled for clicks.

I've never known of a game to hide footage like this and deliver on optimization at launch. Even the "modes" stuff tells us there will be two 30 fps modes with some good resolution and bells and whistles but a 60 fps mode that looks compromised. I just hope it's not a Guardians of the Galaxy situation where if you want a good framerate you have to accept 1080p.

Hope I'm wrong

Has nobody else noticed that they've been hiding gameplay footage of this game for the Ps5/series X? Seen this kinda thing done before and it doesn't bode well for the optimization on the next gen consoles.

Scour YouTube and you will not find a single video of ps5/series x, except for that short and unimpressive trailer showing off "next gen modes". Everything is PC code. Ant real, extended gameplay is PC except for 30 seconds of sketchy edited footage of the "modes". There was one gameplay "ps5" video some idiot posted but after watching it turned our to be PC just mislabeled for clicks.

I've never known of a game to hide footage like this and deliver on optimization at launch. Even the "modes" stuff tells us there will be two 30 fps modes with some good resolution and bells and whistles but a 60 fps mode that looks compromised. I just hope it's not a Guardians of the Galaxy situation where if you want a good framerate you have to accept 1080p.

Hope I'm wrong

Hope I'm wrong
To prevent a shitty console version don't buy day one. Especially from devs who mostly do PC Versions right.

Cyberpunk or the shitty GTA definitive Edition(yes Groove Street Games doesn't count but they are third class developers😉)

Droxcy

Really hoping it's a good solid game after so many years of delays...But still reserving myself for disappointment since there's yet to be a solid game release in the last few years.

When I think about the graphical gap from 8 to 16bits, 16 to 32/64, even within the same generation (Splinter Cell on Xbox vs PS2, same for RE4 GC/PS2)... We really reached something hard to top on the PS4/XOX generation, that is hard to top, outside of the resolution and 60fps modes, we didn't gain that much on this gen. For now at least.
I think 60fps is a pretty big deal.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that it's less about hardware but more the game's BUDGET and dev talent.
You need a top quality studio and give them 4 years to come up with something like the new Horizon.

Top Bottom