• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition announced

NeonDelta

They definitely weren't being advertised as such before. I'm glad they changed how they give out the enhancements. Making people pay for what was basically a glorified game update could have been a slippery slope.
It was, just people were confused by the graphic, all they've done is move the enhancement pack above the others, it said free before and it says free now only in a less confusing way, glad they've sorted it

Ason

Why is this so confusing? You need The Following for the enhanced edition. If you bought it standalone you are good. If you bought the SP you get The Following as part of that pass so you are good. You have the base game without the following? Screwed.

Here is why there was confusion.

First they showed this chart.
AGW6vmM.jpg

Then they changed to this.
Dying_Light_How_To_Get_EE.jpg

=)

why does that graphic give the impression that to get the console enhancements we have to buy the following?

surely we'd get those just for own the original game??

So you have to buy the season pass to get the enchanments.
Not buying it, should be free.

No the comments im quoting here quoted the updated version of the graph that says its a free update already.

Techland made a simple straightforward graph that a child can understand and people are still reaching the wrong conclusions?

The graph explicitly says if you own the base game the enhancments are a FREE update season pass is still just a season pass ie not needed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Anyone know when the physical version with everything in it, is supposed to release?

They show a picture of the box art with a "buy now" on their site, but none of the links have this version.

No the comments im quoting here quoted the updated version of the graph that says its a free update already.

Techland made a simple straightforward graph that a child can understand and people are still reaching the wrong conclusions?

The graph explicitly says if you own the base game the enhancments are a FREE update season pass is still just a season pass ie not needed.

Technically they made 2 graphs that a child can understand, and the 2 graphs look similar but mean 2 opposite things. But, hey, fuck people for being confused, right?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
can anyone confirm if it went from 30 fps to 60 fps, also any sacrifices made to achieve this such as resolution

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I just bought the original from GMG when it was heavily discounted.

Oh well, the game already looks nice enough.

edit: nevermind, the enhancements are free for owners. Cool stuff.

Wrong. At the time those users quoted that picture, it was the original chart that showed the update underneath the season pass and the following.

I gotta give them props. I wasn't happy to pay for a patch and it kinda discouraged me from considering the expansion as something so simple shouldn't be locked behind a paywall. Glad to see them listening to their fans. Moves like this and how CDPR have treated their games post launch have given me hope that there can be more consumer-friendly devs/publishers out there. I really hope I get some buds to pick it up as I would love to see the new shit with my god-character level 50 zombie slayer.

They didn't "listen to their fans". They never changed anything. It was always reported that the enhancements would be free for everyone, the problem was people just getting mislead by their somewhat confusing infographic. All they've done is clarified what their position was. I understood what they meant from the very beginning.

They didn't "listen to their fans". They never changed anything. It was always reported that the enhancements would be free for everyone, the problem was people just getting mislead by their somewhat confusing infographic. All they've done is clarified what their position was. I understood what they meant from the very beginning.

Pretty much. I understood that it would be free for anyone as well, it was just when I looked at the infographic that it got confusing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to bump the thread, but does anyone know if they've announced whether or not saved will be compatible with the Enhanced Edition?

I've just started playing on PC and don't want to put in any more time if the Enhanced Edition requires me to start over.

Elatreus

Banned
Bought this on release, got to around the half way mark and got bored and haven't touched it since.
I got the season pass for free when I bought the game, So i certainly will give the game another shot when these enhancements are released.

pa22word

I gotta give them props. I wasn't happy to pay for a patch and it kinda discouraged me from considering the expansion as something so simple shouldn't be locked behind a paywall. Glad to see them listening to their fans. Moves like this and how CDPR have treated their games post launch have given me hope that there can be more consumer-friendly devs/publishers out there. I really hope I get some buds to pick it up as I would love to see the new shit with my god-character level 50 zombie slayer.
The hubris in this post...

XD

jett

D-Member
I bought DL during the steam sales week, have played for two hours but I'm just not into it at all. Nothing clicks for me, the world, the plot, the characters, the combat or the parkour mechanics. Should I carry on or just get a refund?

Stitch

Gold Member
I bought DL during the steam sales week, have played for two hours but I'm just not into it at all. Nothing clicks for me, the world, the plot, the characters, the combat or the parkour mechanics. Should I carry on or just get a refund?

carry on. unlock some skills to make parkour and combat more fun. after a while you will also find better weapons.

If the world and mechanics aren't your thing, I'd definitely go for a refund. It's a great game, but if you're not liking the core of it I don't think there'll be much improvement for you. You can upgrade the mechanics though. What exactly don't you like about it?

Maxximo

Well the game, like many others do, locks some of the core mechanics behind xp and story progression. The more you play the better it gets.

For me the game clicked after the first agility upgrade.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone wanna help me run bozak horde on hard? You'd be doing most of the heavy lifting... as I'm not upgrading my character this playthrough, or using weapons. lol

I'll use weapons for this, but my character is weak and slow. I've never played this mission, so I'll try it solo a few times to get an idea of it, but I've read the shit is near-impossible solo. So I'll need help.

DarkFlame

Banned
Is the story and characters as bland as they say? Everyone praises gameplay and fun,but it didn't exactly rock the world with critics for some reason

Will think about buying the enhanced edition tho..

Is the story and characters as bland as they say? Everyone praises gameplay and fun,but it didn't exactly rock the world with critics for some reason

The story and characters are pretty forgettable, yes. Crane can be amusing at times though and the side-quests are surprisingly decent.

Shredderi

The story and characters are pretty forgettable, yes. Crane can be amusing at times though and the side-quests are surprisingly decent.

Yep. Story and characters are pretty bad. Crane manages to say some funny things once in a while but it's a strongly gameplay driven game. And yeah it has some pretty good side-quests.

wazoo

Edit: yet again. Reposting my original explanation. I think the articles are wrong, and the infographic was right.

I do not think so, still the graphic is very bad.

In my opinion, the picture explains how to get the Dying Light Following Edition.

So, if you own the game, you get the free pack, but to get the following, you still have to pay.

Denton

I thought it was the epitome of bland fetch-questing, but the game is still great for its mechanics.

In Slums, mostly yes.

In Old Town, there are some great nonfetchquesty sidequests.

Fantastic game though, everyone and their mother praises MGS5 for its "gameplay" but Dying Light is my "gameplay" king this year.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Okay, I'll give it to you straight: characters range from bland to cartoonish and corny. The story is fucking stupid. The tone, like the characters, is inconsistent, and can leap between melodramaic and ham-fistedly comedic. All main characters and their motivations are dumb as fuck. This is tepid videogame shit through and through.

That said, the environment and core mechanics elevate it above those negatives. The ambiance of the environment is something else. I can only describe it as thick, almost soupy with all the post-processing and particles. It paints a convincing picture, and at times this shit is survival horror-level engaging. Especially when you're out there alone and get some distance from the main plot characters talking in your ear. Another strong aspect of the game would be side missions. A lot of care went into these and they're atypical for what you'd expect of an open world game. Much better than the efforts of Ubisoft or Bethesda. More comparable to Witcher 3 side quests. You still have that uneven tone and corny characterization, but the actual quests make up for it.

This game excels in situations, what it lacks in story.

Also, I recommend this as a SP game. People will talk up the co-op, but that fun will come at the cost of tension, and the experience of isolation and oppressive ambiance that is quite unique to this game. You just don't have that tension when you're racing to the next map-marker with a buddy. You also get a pretty strong illusion break seeing player-character animation from third person. It's poor. A shame since the animation is very convincing in fpv.

Also, the combat is good, and varied. Best of its type, imo.

Dying Light is worth playing.

Top Bottom