• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition announced

I read through the entire thread, and I still have no idea if everyone is getting the "free enhancements update" or just the people with the season pass and/or The Following. Seems to be a 50/50 split on how people are interpreting it.

It'd be nice to have a definitive answer before the price on the season pass goes up...

I read through the entire thread, and I still have no idea if everyone is getting the "free enhancements update" or just the people with the season pass and/or The Following. Seems to be a 50/50 split on how people are interpreting it.

It'd be nice to have a definitive answer before the price on the season pass goes up...

Yeah the graphic keeps referring to is a 'free enhancements update', but every path you take to get to it involves buying a season pass or piece of DLC. :D

Season Pass contains The Following and The Following gives access to Enhanced Edition. But you don't have to buy the SP to get The Following as it can be purchased as DLC to the base game. And I guess the EE is "free" as it was never announced to be part of the SP or The Following until now.

Reading about the previous 3 DLC, it doesn't look to be too hot. So I'd go with whichever is cheaper between SP and TF purchase.

I asked DL Twitter and they kindly confirmed (which they'd already done before, apparently): https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/673507783346667521 (Enhancements will be made available to everyone who owns the base game.)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nice! Looks like I will be picking up this Enhanced version when it hits. When are the physical versions going to be released?

Faenix1

Don't know why but recently my mind started convincing me I should buy the Dying Light season pass. Not sure I want to spend $20 on a bunch of DLC though.

Not really into this buggy stuff in The Following.

Keric

Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up the season pass at GMG for $16.00. Can't wait to get back into this. Co-op was a blast.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
what kind of console performance upgrades did they make, did they just make it a more stable 30fps, or able to hit 60fps?

Megatron

Any one else feel they have messed up with the dlc?

I definitely do not. They gave away some content for free. Their season pass is very reasonably priced at $19.99, and they actually made the extra content so big they are going to raise the price of the season pass, but everyone who already owns it still gets it, and they gave several week's notice so people like myself could still buy in at the lost price. Lots of content, low price, and some free content for those that don't want to pay, this is how DLC should be done, to be honest.

Warablo

Any advice for me? Do you think its better to wait for the digital enhanced edition or buy the season pass now before the price change? Then hope to get a really cheap Dying Light physical or digital sale of vanilla game? I prefer digital, but willing to get physical if its damn cheap.

I think the Enhanced Edition will retail for $60 because its "Enhanced" so maybe I am better off getting the season pass now, and hope the vanilla version goes on deep discount.

NIGHT-

I definitely do not. They gave away some content for free. Their season pass is very reasonably priced at $19.99, and they actually made the extra content so big they are going to raise the price of the season pass, but everyone who already owns it still gets it, and they gave several week's notice so people like myself could still buy in at the lost price. Lots of content, low price, and some free content for those that don't want to pay, this is how DLC should be done, to be honest.

Exactly! Such a great way to do these things. Even better for us that took advantage of the GameStop glitch.

NBtoaster

The game is good but the expansion looks more like Dead Island. The best aspect of the game was the traversal in a dense city.

So if I get the season pass now, I'll get The Following and this Enhanced content?

MaLDo

I wonder if new console optimizations will affect pc performance in a bad way or SLI compatibilty.

I hope if it is the case we can avoid the patch.

Melon Husk

Never dipped my toe in this but this GOTY version certainly makes it enticing. Loving SalsaShark's impressions.

The only thing missing from that list is the Nemesis system. :)

Dr.Acula

Banned
People actually said they wanted more guns? Those were by far the worst parts of the game for me. While the buggies look fun, the sprawling countryside kind of loses the parkour feeling too. More guns and less parkour? :(

Yeah, the verticality of Dying Light is what really made it stand out for me.

Ason

Dying_Light_How_To_Get_EE.jpg

I just started playing this game last week, might be best to hold off now I guess.

Confusing!

Is it just me, or have they changed the picture, but kept the link?

I could have sworn that the boxes that said FREE was below the boxes with DLC earlier, and made it look like you had to buy the DLC to get the Enhancements update.

=/

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Did they showed any graphics comparisons yet?

Confusing!

Is it just me, or have they changed the picture, but kept the link?

I could have sworn that the boxes that said FREE was below the boxes with DLC earlier, and made it look like you had to buy the DLC to get the Enhancements update.

=/

Yep, I remember it was the case too.

Top Bottom