• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition announced

I sit and think about how terrible Dead Island is. Then, I'm like "but, man, that Dying Light is soooooooooo good."

Crazy to think this is same developer. The fuck did they do? Make a really nice trailer, give us a shitty game, take all of the money from that, and then give us their real vision for Dead Island in Dying Light? lol
The problem was probably on Deep Silver the publisher of Dead Island. You can see that in the fact that Dead Island 2's development has been hell in the sense of the repeated delays and them switching developers.

I like this. The DLC was enough but they went the extra mile. I'd like to see more developers take this approach just like Evolution with DriveClub, and CDPR with the Witcher 3.

As stated earlier, that $20 glitch on gamestop for the Game was amazing, and was even more amazing when instead of revoking the game licenses, they just added the season pass too.

Such a bargain, and at launch too. Techland got some brownie points for that.

ryseing

I've only heard good things about this game so i'll buy it.

It's going to be in my top 3 for the year. Gameplay is top notch and I quite like the open world design decisions Techland made. The moment to moment play just flows together, especially once you get the grappling hook and the game turns into first person Spider-Man.

Story and characters are shit, but whatever. I was having too much fun to care.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The problem was probably on Deep Silver the publisher of Dead Island. You can see that in the fact that Dead Island 2's development has been hell in the sense of the repeated delays and them switching developers.

There was no problem, Dead Island was a great fucking game (and so was Riptide too, though it was more expansion pack material). It wouldn't surprise me if Deep Silver were responsible for them going off to Warner Bros to make Dying Light though.

So just to be clear, if I already own a physical copy of the game on PS4, I just need to buy the season pass to be completely covered? Does the season pass include The Following or is that a separate purchase?

IvanJ

Banned
So just to be clear, if I already own a physical copy of the game on PS4, I just need to buy the season pass to be completely covered? Does the season pass include The Following or is that a separate purchase?

And if you buy the Season Pass right now, it is $10 cheaper. They announced it will go up to $29.99 on December 8.

LewieP

The messaging surrounding this is remarkably confusing.

Do owners of the original release, who have not bought any DLC/Season pass, get access to the enhancements that would typically fall under what we call a patch (ie performance improvement) at no additional charge?

Sojgat

Physical version coming out a month late here has been a gift. Got the game cheap and the season pass for free.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really hope they fix the frame-rate cap issue on PS4. Indoor areas bounce between 30 and 60fps constantly making the game feel absolutely awful. You get these quick 1 second bursts of a higher frame-rate while the game tries to maintain 30. It feels almost as bad as actual slowdown. Only happens indoors or when looking at less demanding areas but it feels awful.

SliChillax

You can disable it pretty easily in the PC version if you have that. Look into "Dying Light Manager". Has a custom toggle for it and a lot of other graphical settings hidden from the main menu.
I thought that if you mod out CA it also turns off all other post process effects?

Stranya

The infographic definitely reads as though existing owners need to buy either the Following or the season pass in order to get the other enhancements. Now, that may not actually be the case, but it's certainly what the graphic says.

Absolutely loved Dying Light and really looking forward to the expansion. They learned so much from Dead Island, and really nailed the movement and first person combat.

jfoul

Dying Light is an awesome game, and Techland is up there with CDPR with quality post release support. This is the type of content we should expect from a season pass.

Now I just need to decide if I should buy the season pass now for $20, or wait until the Steam Winter Sale.

NeonDelta

Just went to buy the season pass then realised I already had it as it was free with the game on release if you bought through Amazon due to the be a zombie mode change

• Great free patch adding content to the game and improving visuals and performance across all platforms

• Substantial expansion with massive new open world, all new vehicle gameplay and unique story that is included in the already cheap and previously discounted Season Pass

Yeah, fuck off, Techland! You aren't doing shitty things!

Goes directly against the chart posted that specifically points out having to buy the DLC to get the improvements to the base game.

So yes. Fuck off for putting a patch behind a DLC paywall.

Warablo

I played through most of the base content on a rental.

I really want to pick up the season pass and game before the price change but I missed all the Dying Light physical deals and digital is still high. So now I am debating if I want to buy the season pass without the game.. lol

Or wait for GOTY edition.

Now the question is, is there anything different compared to base game+season pass or enhanced edition. DLC included and stuff all seems to be the same. I think all the extra content is coming from "The Following" expansion.

They are?

This right here says otherwise

dying_light_how_to_geddr01.jpg

Planet

The original game was fine, bugs at a tolerable level at least after a few psyches. I find it perfectly reasonable for a significant upgrade to be available only for the expansion. They probably improved the engine to be able to run the new content, IMHO they deserve a few warm meals for their effort.

For the original game and season pass they delivered everything promised and then some. Please don't hate them for earning money.

Not really happy to pay for a patch, but I did play DL coop a few weeks ago and had a good time. I may be down for the DLC if my buddies pick it up.

Ricker

The messaging surrounding this is remarkably confusing.

Do owners of the original release, who have not bought any DLC/Season pass, get access to the enhancements that would typically fall under what we call a patch (ie performance improvement) at no additional charge?

No,you need to buy the season pass which includes The Following or only the Following when it comes out.

Top Bottom