• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ

Loudninja

Here is all the ways you can watch the Sony conference
You’ll find the livestream here on PlayStation.Blog, as well as PlayStation Home, PlayStation.com, Facebook, Google Plus, and Ustream. And, for the first time, you’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3 — a handy icon will be located under the What’s New section on your XMB. PS Vita’s even getting in on the E3 action, with the new Nico Nico video app supporting a beta feed of our E3 livestream. Technology!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-2012-watch-live-attend-the-press-conference/

I assume G4tv will have it as well.

xxczx

There is an app called Twitch TV which has a lot of gaming streams and such. According to Mr Jared's post I looks like Gamespot will have a stream through Twitch so the links should work for iPad as well.
It's also on Android if anyone is wondering. I'm guessing just searching Gamespot near the time will show the stream.
Edit: Anybody know if I'll be able to catch any of E3 on the UStream iOS app? GTLive seems to be featured here. Is there gonna be any way to watch the Sony or Ubisoft conferences on TV or on a mobile device?
If you have a PS3, you can watch Sonys conference on there.

Loudninja

Or Ubisoft?

Edit: Anybody know if I'll be able to catch any of E3 on the UStream iOS app? GTLive seems to be featured here. Is there gonna be any way to watch the Sony or Ubisoft conferences on TV or on a mobile device?
You’ll find the livestream here on PlayStation.Blog, as well as PlayStation Home, PlayStation.com, Facebook, Google Plus, and Ustream. And, for the first time, you’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3 — a handy icon will be located under the What’s New section on your XMB. PS Vita’s even getting in on the E3 action, with the new Nico Nico video app supporting a beta feed of our E3 livestream. Technology!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38454220&postcount=252

Pick one ;)

Dabanton

So looking forward to be able to watch these through my consoles this year the Xbox Live event player is pretty slick watched those metal awards a few weeks back and was impressed at the picture quality and sound.

Sony? well last year they tried to show it in Home and it was fun walking round the cinema with other avatars but it didn't work, kept cutting out. Ended up having to go back to my laptop lets hope they get that shit sorted this year.

As that leaves my laptop to browse the forums etc.

mclem

What's the plan regarding the new Nintendo Direct, given that in spirit it's part of E3? Should it have its own OT, or should it be built on the announcement OT?

Joe

can anyone recommend a few twitter accounts to follow? looking for a MS conference live tweeter with no BS just facts and major news as it happens

bengraven

With the signs popping up, can we confirm that Elder Scrolls Online is going to be there and remove it from "speculated" games?

Well it wasn't last year.

But on the other hand Gaf has been down a lot already in the past weeks.

Yeah, GAF was incredibly smooth last year and we didn't have to close OT.

I'm hoping some of the fixes from the last few weeks will help make E3 run smooth.

So I'm out of the loop as far as next gen console announcement rumors go. As of right now are we expecting to hear anything about the PS4 or 720? Or is Wii U going to be the only one?

Gartooth

Agghh, just remembered that I have to be somewhere at 2pm eastern tomorrow, I will end up missing the last half hour of the MS conference. (why is it 90 minutes!?) Good thing that I can just record the press conference on Spike, but this still blows. (I will die if a new console is announced right at the end tomorrow)

BY2K

Membero Americo
Now I'm really concerned for E3.

If the Nintendo Direct killed GAF, there's no way it will survive any of the conferences.

Dambrosi

Banned
Are the mods triggering these 500 errors on purpose, to scare away the lurkers/fanboys/shitposters and save bandwidth? It's the only answer that makes sense! [/tinfoilhat]

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
We've been having some server weirdness on a regular basis recently. The sysadmins have been investigating and attempted to fix it, but looks like we still have problems. So while the crash just now was probably related to the load spike from the post-Nintendo Direct conference, it's not really because of hardware limitations and in terms of physical capacity we're well prepared. We'll be monitoring things closely throughout E3 week in an attempt to address this stuff and keep the site up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can someone point me out some good
Streams sites?

Thanks!

Gamespot should be good. I think G4tv will also have an online stream of their live broadcast.

Duffyside

Banned
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but according to Giant Bomb Sony has some sort of big-sounding game to announce (though it COULD be a service, from what I can tell). Big enough that the guys from Giant Bomb have made two appointments to see it without even knowing what it is.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just a reminder... but the official threads are made around 15 minutes before the conference begins.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
We've been having some server weirdness on a regular basis recently. The sysadmins have been investigating and attempted to fix it, but looks like we still have problems. So while the crash just now was probably related to the load spike from the post-Nintendo Direct conference, it's not really because of hardware limitations and in terms of physical capacity we're well prepared. We'll be monitoring things closely throughout E3 week in an attempt to address this stuff and keep the site up.

Good luck with that.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

The site has been going down and rather random times during the week when seemingly nothing has been going on, odd problem.
Hopefully you guys can find out what is screwing everything up.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Only got high speed cable Internet a few days ago! I'm so watching this wherever I can. I think I'm getting 15 MB down but what would be the absolute best place to catch all the coverage? I used to go to Gamespot.com to see E3 and I've seen some links posted around here where to watch but want to make sure I have a somewhat decent experiecne.

bengraven

I'm still shocked everything hasn't been leaked yet. But maybe it has.

Last year I swear we already knew everything by the day before the first conference and there was very few surprises after the first day.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm still shocked everything hasn't been leaked yet. But maybe it has.

Last year I swear we already knew everything by the day before the first conference and there was very few surprises after the first day.

We already know most of the MS conference. Doubt they will have time for much else.

Halo 4
Forza Horizon
Fable The Journey
Gears of War Judgement
New Twisted Pixel game
Alan Wake 2
Kinect Play Fit
Woodstock music service
Capcom - RE6
EA Sports - Kinect mode of FIFA/Madden
Harmonix - TBA
Square - Tomb Raider