• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ

Duffyside

Banned
So, will their be individual threads for discussion on each conference as they happen, live?

Um, yes... but have fun trying to have "a discussion" while the conference is going on. The threads are just huge screaming chambers at those points. You'll get 10,000 posts in an hour or something.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Is there a shared calendar for Google Calendar of the event schedules?

Pandemic

Um, yes... but have fun trying to have "a discussion" while the conference is going on. The threads are just huge screaming chambers at those points. You'll get 10,000 posts in an hour or something.

Yeah, haha, true. I still remember last years conference thread, and it was just posts filled with screaming, and pages were going up by two's every 30 seconds.

The only good thing which came out of those discussions last year was during the microsoft conference

1) Horde Morde - the message boards just exploded when ICE T said that

2) when the guy from microsoft who looks like Tom Cruise (Forgot his name) came on stage - someone wrote "hey look, It's Autism Powers!" - ive never laughed so hard from an internet comment in my life. I still dont really understand it.

There is no china timezone. can anyone list the conference times for china?

EDIT: Nevermind, i got home and found a time converter heres for everyone in China:

Microsoft Conference:

Tuesday June 5th: 12:30am

Sony's Conference:

Tuesday June 5th, 9:00am

Nintendo Conference:

Wednesday June 6th, 12:00am

Do you guys know if Giantbomb is doing that late night video podcast they did last year with guests? Easily the best thing about E3 last year.

Clipper

There is no china timezone. can anyone list the conference times for china?
I've always wondered why nobody from China has requested that zone before. I guess I can add it now that it has been asked for...

Here you go (make sure you refresh):
e3times2012.png

e3events2012.png

minx

Forgive me if this was asked or in the giant OP but is there a site that will be streaming Microsofts conference tomorrow that can be viewed on my iPhone?

Clipper

Does anybody want the EA E3 Analyst Event times added to the event table?

Edit: Eh, I created a revised one anyway, using the colours from the conference graph as they match up:
e3events2012-2.png

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone here know the best site to watch it live from an iPad? I am abroad you see and only got this device.

Is there going to be any way to watch the archived streams without getting spoiled by the hundreds of topics that will be created? With a baby I can't stay up for Sony's but want the impact of seeing it myself without "spoilers".

rezuth

Is there any site that will just give me the output for what timezone I'm in so I don't need to use charts and shit?

For those of us in the UAE - Dubai/Abu Dhabi etc - times are as follows beginning tonight:

1) 4th 8:30pm MS
2) 5th Midnight Sony
3) 5th 2AM EA
4) 5th 5am Ubisoft
5) 5th Next night 8pm Nintendo

Miles X

The MS one is at a stupid time, anyone who is in the UK and has a job can't watch it

I doubt anyone in the US can either going by that stance! UK is better off than US imo, kids will be home from school, people will be leaving/just left work.

I do remember it being 6.30pm previous years though ...

Edit - Also when will the MS Conference thread go up?

Linconan

Wait, the MS one is in 3hrs and 5 min time!!
Woohoo!!

And, SONY is in about 9 hours after!!
Woohoo!!

Don't let me down guys, i'm expecting a hinting (at least) for Next Gen!
Vid?
Spec?

Otherwise you can give E3 to Nintendo for the limelight.
I've got a box of tissues on standby just incase. And, a furniture maker/repairer on the ready,lol

Is there any way I can stream the conference to my iPhone? Id be happy with just the audio really. Sorry if it's already been asked.

MrDaravon

Are Gamespot's livestreams for paid members only or anything? I don't have cable anymore, I'll give the MS conference a go on 360 but I expect that to crap out sooo

Looks like EA may announce a new shooter IP today to be released this year. Michael Pachter said on Bonus Round that he heard this from EA last year and Joystiq put up an article revealing that EA Canada (SSX) is working on a new action/shooter IP.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is there going to be any way to watch the archived streams without getting spoiled by the hundreds of topics that will be created? With a baby I can't stay up for Sony's but want the impact of seeing it myself without "spoilers".

I was just about to ask the same, can't watch the microsoft one live but want to enjoy it as if it was.

This is the thread you seek. I'd bookmark it and then go there when you want to catch up with a conference.

Spoiler-Free E3 2012 Press Conference thread

Thanks

zroid

Banned
I know Microsoft's event will be on Spike, and Sony's on G4, but where will TV coverage for EA and Ubisoft be (if anywhere)?

Top Bottom