• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another "leak list". Most likely fake

11271158_850662095027320_295848587_n.jpg

From this guy.

Probably fake. Though, if real, I wonder if that Guillermo Del Toro at Sony's conference could be them announcing he's the director of movie adaptation of The Last of Us. He'd be a good choice, right? Sam Raimi is only confirmed to be producing it.

I like how the reverse psychology approach of "up to you to believe me or not" seems to be standard for most fake "list" nowadays.

And as usual, no due diligence or research done at all to try to even make it believable. An hour on google and GAF should filter out all the "relatively confirmed" leaks and stuff like Respawn not showing anything at E3.

amnesiac

There is a possibility that NMS is release this year?
I havn't following the news about this game lately

Well they say that it will be finished at the end of 2015 and are targeting a 2015 release, but if I had to bet, I'd say it be a Morpheus launch title sometime in early 2016.

klaushm

11271158_850662095027320_295848587_n.jpg

Take it how you will, but it's right about the controller and the alan wake stuff, alot is questionable is however.

Do I think its true?
Yes.
Do I belive in what you say?
Yes.
Do I have shame on myself?
No.

Been serious now. You throw lies that people want to belive with truths we already know.
Not gonna happen bro... not gonna happen.

Well they say that it will be finished at the end of 2015 and are targeting a 2015 release, but if I had to bet, I'd say it be a Morpheus launch title sometime in early 2016.

They delayed it to 2016 a long time ago, didn't they?
I think it's going to be a launch game for Morpheus.

Already can imagine the bundle:
"No Man's Sky + Morpheus + PS4 Slim 1TB + No Man's Sky Morpheus's side sticker(bonus)"
And think about Morpheus and PS4+ controller been customized at No Man's Sky style.... I would by a PS4 again.

Since my dream Sony conference was so popular (it got one comment), here's my dream MS press conference:

Picture a large room lit only by swirling green lights, silent but for the excited din of the crowd. Suddenly, and without warning, the room goes black, followed seconds later by a single spotlight illuminating a lone figure on center stage. He's tied hands and feet to a standing board, his mouth gagged. Members of the audience lean in to see who it is, but the contrast of the spotlight cutting through the blackness makes it impossible.

Another spotlight fires on the figure that suddenly emerges from behind the curtain. It's Phil Spencer, jaunty smile pasted across his lips. He speaks: "Ladies and gentlemen, we've come a long way in the past year. We've started selling Xbox Ones at a rate rivaling our friends at Sony..." the crowd hisses, "and we've atoned for a lot of our early mistakes." Phil walks toward the bound figure. "Which brings us to our friend here, Mister Donald Nancy Mattrick." A hum of excitement surges through the crowd. "We aren't done making amends until he pays for what he did to us all!" The crowd roars. "Under your seats, each member of the audience will find a cream pie. I want you to grab that pie, and hurl it at Mister Mattrick here. For only after he's covered in our sticky white cream will we be cleansed of his sins."

Before he even finishes that last sentence, half the crowd has already hurled their pies toward the stage. Phil stands off to the side, grinning and stroking a rather impressive erection. "Yeah, take that cream, you bitch," he says through sweaty lips. "Deny my vacation request now, you fucking bitch. Mmmm yeah. No, you don't deserve a raise. Mmmm."

Mattrick is covered head to toe in whipped cream, but instead of feeling any sense of fear or shame, he's laughing uncontrollably. He thinks this is all in fun because he's fucking oblivious. Fucking Don Mattrick. Seriously.

The crowd exhausts their vengeance and slowly settles down, then waits fifteen more awkward minutes for Spencer to finish pleasuring himself while grunting insults at Mattrick. When he finishes, two large men come from offstage and carry Mattrick and the table offstage.

Phil adjusts his hip indie game t-shirt. "You like my shirt?" He says. "It was given to me by my friend, and Microsoft's newest employee, Adam Boyes!" The crowd booms out applause as Phil is joined onstage by Adam.

"It's awesome to be here with Microsoft during this, the greatest E3 in hist--"

"Shut the fuck up, you dickfaced bitch cock shitbird fucker," Phil says. "I brought you out here to show everyone that nothing is beyond the reach of Microsoft's wallet. Including the likes of you. You fuck. You miserable stupid fuck."

Adam begins weeping bitter tears as Spencer spends the next four minutes pelting him with insults. When he finishes, the same two large men come and carry Adam off the stage.

The crowd begins to get antsy as Phil stands on the stage, alone in the spotlight, breathing heavily into his lapel mic. Like right into it. His mouth is right on the goddamn thing.

A couple of people in the back of the room begin to make their way toward the exit.

"And just where in the fuck do you think you're going?" Phil shouts, his lips pressed hard against the mic. The exiting audience members freeze in their tracks. "You're leaving an E3 press conference before we've discussed a single fucking game?? What are you, crazy??" He cackles into the silent void. "Now sit down!" he screams, neck veins distended. Then he smiles. "I'm just about to start my rap solo."

The crowd audibly groans as he launches into the shittiest beat-boxing routine since mouths were invented. "My name's Phil Spencer and I'm here to say, Microsoft Xbox has good games." Jesus fuck, he wrote it himself. "We have lots of exclusives, and that's no foolin', and if you don't like our games then you must be droolin'." The crowd is too amazed and afraid to boo, so they sit and silently listen as Phil beat-boxes the last twenty-three minutes of his song.

When he's done, he waves at the cheering throng he obviously hears in his head since the actual room is silent as a graveyard.

"Well, it's been a hell of an E3," he says. "But before I go, let's take a look at some upcoming games!" The stage screens come to life for the first time as a cautious applause comes from the crowd.

The screens are filled with CG trailers. Nothing but CG trailers. The games don't matter, because they aren't games. They're CG.

The screens go black, the spotlight blinks off, and the room is left a darkened pit of confusion. As journalists and fans begin to shuffle toward the only visible lights in the room (the exit signs), the air is filled once again with the gentle pulse of beat-boxing...

Before anyone claims I'm shitting on MS and didn't shit on Sony (if you read the other one), what I tried to do was take some of the pervasive opinions of each company and blow them up to the nth degree. So the insane hype train that always surrounds Sony's E3 was turned into the second coming, and the shit MS gets for "moneyhatting" to get games and showing CG (as well as the insane amounts of love Spencer gets just for not being Mattrick, when we really don't know all that much about him, aside from tweets about how he'll "look into" something) gets this.

It's not Shakespeare (though it's long enough to be), but I'm bored on a medic clinical. Sorry. I'll stop. Carry on.

Since my dream Sony conference was so popular (it got one comment), here's my dream MS press conference:

Picture a large, pitch black room lit by swirling green lights, silent but for the excited din of the crowd. Suddenly, and without warning, the room goes black, followed seconds later by a single spotlight illuminating a lone figure on center stage. He's tied hands and feet to a standing board, his mouth gagged. Members of the audience lean in to see who it is, but the contrast of the spotlight cutting through the blackness makes it impossible.

Another spotlight fires on the figure that suddenly emerges from behind the curtain. It's Phil Spencer, jaunty smile pasted across his lips. He speaks: "Ladies and gentlemen, we've come a long way in the past year. We've started selling Xbox Ones at a rate rivaling our friends at Sony..." the crowd hisses, "and we've atoned for a lot of our early mistakes." Phil walks toward the bound figure. "Which brings us to our friend here, Mister Donald Nancy Mattrick." A hum of excitement surges through the crowd. "We aren't done making amends until he pays for what he did to us all!" The crowd roars. "Under your seats, each member of the audience will find a cream pie. I want you to grab that pie, and hurl it at Mister Mattrick here. For only after he's covered in our sticky white cream will we be cleansed of his sins."

Before he even finishes that last sentence, half the crowd has already hurled their pies toward the stage. Phil stands off to the side, grinning and stroking a rather impressive erection. "Yeah, take that cream, you bitch," he says through sweaty lips. "Deny my vacation request now, you fucking bitch. Mmmm yeah. No, you don't deserve a raise. Mmmm."

Mattrick is covered head to toe in whipped cream, but instead of feeling any sense of fear or shame, he's laughing uncontrollably. He thinks this is all in fun because he's fucking oblivious. Fucking Don Mattrick. Seriously.

The crowd exhausts their vengeance and slowly settles down, then waits fifteen more awkward minutes for Spencer to finish pleasuring himself while grunting insults at Mattrick. When he finishes, two large men come from offstage and carry Mattrick and the table offstage.

Phil adjusts his hip indie game t-shirt. "You like my shirt?" He says. "It was given to me by my friend, and Microsoft's newest employee, Adam Boyes!" The crowd booms out applause as Phil is joined onstage by Adam.

"It's awesome to be here with Microsoft during this, the greatest E3 in hist--"

"Shut the fuck up, you dickfaced bitch cock shitbird fucker," Phil says. "I brought you out here to show everyone that nothing is beyond the reach of Microsoft's wallet. Including the likes of you. You fuck. You miserable stupid poophead fuck."

Adam begins weeping bitter tears as Spencer spends the next four minutes pelting him with insults. When he finishes, the same two large men come and carry Adam off the stage.

The crowd begins to get antsy as Phil stands on the stage, alone in the spotlight, breathing heavily into his lapel mic. Like right into it. His mouth is right on the goddamn thing.

A couple of people in the back of the room begin to make their way toward the exit.

"And just where in the fuck do you think you're going?" Phil shouts, his lips pressed hard against the mic. The exiting audience members freeze in their tracks. "You're leaving an E3 press conference before we've discussed a single fucking game?? What are you, crazy??" He cackles into the silent void. "Now sit down!" he screams, neck veins distended. Then he smiles. "I'm just about to start my rap solo."

The crowd audibly groans as he launches into the shittiest beat-boxing routine since mouths were invented. "My name's Phil Spencer and I'm here to say, Microsoft Xbox has good games." Jesus fuck, he wrote it himself. "We have lots of exclusives, and that's no foolin', and if you don't like our games then you must be droolin'." The crowd is too amazed and afraid to boo, so they sit and silently listen as Phil beat-boxes the last twenty-three minutes of his song.

When he's done, he waves at the cheering throng he obviously hears in his head since the actual room is silent as a graveyard.

"Well, it's been a hell of an E3," he says. "But before I go, let's take a look at some upcoming games!" The stage screens come to life for the first time as a cautious applause comes from the crowd.

The screens are filled with CG trailers. Nothing but CG trailers. The games don't matter, because they aren't games. They're CG.

The screens go black, the spotlight blinks off, and the room is left a darkened pit of confusion. As journalists and fans begin to shuffle toward the only visible lights in the room (the exit signs), the room is filled once again with the gentle thuds of beat-boxing...

Before anyone claims I'm shitting on MS and didn't shit on Sony (if you read the other one), what I tried to do was take some of the pervasive opinions of each company and blow them up to the nth degree. So the insane hype train that always surrounds Sony's E3 was turned into the second coming, and the shit MS gets for "moneyhatting" to get games and showing CG (as well as the insane amounts of love Spencer gets just for not being Mattrick, when we really don't know all that much about him, aside from tweets about how he'll "look into" something) gets this.

It's not Shakespeare (though it's long enough to be), but I'm bored on a medic clinical. Sorry. I'll stop. Carry on.
Lol love your stuff man haha, cant wait for the Nintendo one :D lost my shit at 'impressive erection' lol

Ixion

snip snip

This reminds me of that website/blog about 6-7 years ago that was dedicated to a whole fanfiction of the high-ranking Square-Enix employees, centering mostly on Nomura. Does anyone else remember that? Or did I dream it? It was hilarious.

I hope that Sony and Microsoft announce that patches will arrive to gamers much quicker after the developer submits them. Addressing patching in all aspects should be high on their agenda.

FleetFeet

Do I think its true?
Yes.
Do I belive in what you say?
Yes.
Do I have shame on myself?
No.

Been serious now. You throw lies that people want to belive with truths we already know.
Not gonna happen bro... not gonna happen.

They delayed it to 2016 a long time ago, didn't they?
I think it's going to be a launch game for Morpheus.

Already can imagine the bundle:
"No Man's Sky + Morpheus + PS4 Slim 1TB + No Man's Sky Morpheus's side sticker(bonus)"
And think about Morpheus and PS4+ controller been customized at No Man's Sky style.... I would by a PS4 again.

Nope, HG has not said anything about a delay into 2016.

rrc1594

This is one of the least hyped e3 I've seen. No leaks or buzz.

Yes and that could be because of two reasons.
1)
Maybe there's no hype or leaks because all they are going to announce are remasters and show games they already announced :(
More likely

2) There are no leaks because everyone is running an extremely tight ship

Less likely

Well there are the guys that went to the E3 judges week, but Gerstmann said that he only saw 2 unannounced games there, so either they are hiding them or we are in for a disappointing E3.

I think the best way to go into any E3 is to prepare for a disappointing one.

I'm just curious how anyone would think that a single person has exclusive information from so many different companies. You'd think a leaker would only know info from one company or two, but to know almost everything about every company at the show is inconceivably stupid.

Well there are the guys that went to the E3 judges week, but Gerstmann said that he only saw 2 unannounced games there, so either they are hiding them or we are in for a disappointing E3.

Zukkoyaki

This is one of the least hyped e3 I've seen. No leaks or buzz.

I think that's due to the lack of hype threads prior to the event this year. I know there were threads for Sony and Microsoft's conferences that started to reach "Board the Hype Train" territory before the mods shut them down.

Presumably, new ones will be opened as we get closer to E3.

v1lla21

Eh I always go in with low expectations so I come out happy. All of you should try it. Makes not getting what you want better.

None of the big three were present at judge's week and the vast majority of unannounced games from third parties were also absent. Has no bearing on E3.

The revival of The Last Guardian deserves a leak less E3.

At this point it's not like anyone is going to believe a TLG leak unless the leaker has something to really prove that Sony is going to show it. We're way passed the point where people believe "I heard it's going to be at E3/TGS/games/PSX". So it's going to be a surprise no matter when Sony decides to show it.

I-hate-u

Lets not get people in trouble here.

I feel like that info could get people burned if released.

He doesn't have to say anything if he doesn't want to. I fully understand if that was the case.

Edit: I edited my post. You are right. It was insensitive of me.

Oh, and the Destiny expansion is already semi-confirmed under another name, so that's two strikes.

The name listed for Destiny is actually the internal codename for the major expansions in the years between the sequels: 2014 Destiny, 2015 Comet 1, 2016 Destiny 2, 2017 Comet 2, etc..

At this point it's not like anyone is going to believe a TLG leak unless the leaker has something to really prove that Sony is going to show it. We're way passed the point where people believe "I heard it's going to be at E3/TGS/games/PSX". So it's going to be a surprise no matter when Sony decides to show it.

Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom