• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Would seem like a bit much to expect people to wait 12+ months for a game on an ancient engine with near-last gen graphics.

For me, it's more that Skyrim will be four years ago in November. That's plenty of time to get this right. And with the amount shown in the trailer, the fact that it's in-game, and the press release mentions showing more at the conference, I'm starting to think it's this year.

For me, it's more that Skyrim will be four years ago in November. That's plenty of time to get this right. And with the amount shown in the trailer, the fact that it's in-game, and the press release mentions showing more at the conference, I'm starting to think it's this year.

Could also explain the pre-E3 reveal, gives more time to disseminate the hype so that a surprise soon release wouldn't be too unexpected so as to be detrimental?

I'm not saying I'd put my money on it but I also wouldn't be surprised.

I've got to ask; who is that in your avatar?

Peace Hyde

ghana-peace-2.png

kevin1025

Banned
Could also explain the pre-E3 reveal, gives more time to disseminate the hype so that a surprise soon release wouldn't be too unexpected so as to be detrimental?

I'm not saying I'd put my money on it but I also wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, the release would be swallowed up by excitement that it actually exists. Having the announcement and then in two weeks show the game off with a release date would be cool. I just think the amount of time they've been working on it means it's sooner rather than later. It might be early next year, even, but I think it's this year.

Is it wrong of me that all I'm thinking about is when the next TES game is coming out?

Fake. It lists Titanfall 2, and Respawn already said they weren't showing anything (unless he means just a tease).

Oh, and the Destiny expansion is already semi-confirmed under another name, so that's two strikes.

Have these lists ever panned out?

A comprehensive list of reveals is such inherent bullshit.

Hoping to see Source 2 + L4D3 and Suicide Squad.

Psykoboy2

Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but I'm quite sure we WON'T be seeing anything on Visceral's Star Wars game (the one Amy H. is working on). I've been speaking with her just to try and say hello, but she isn't coming to E3 this year and tells me nothing to her knowledge is planned to be shown at E3 on her game.

Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but I'm quite sure we WON'T be seeing anything on Visceral's Star Wars game (the one Amy H. is working on). I've been speaking with her just to try and say hello, but she isn't coming to E3 this year and tells me nothing to her knowledge is planned to be shown at E3 on her game.

Well, unless EA plans another "lol Battlefront CGi trailer", it's too early.

Do we know how long Fallout 4 has been in development? Fallout 3 came out in 2008, Skyrim in 2011 but I guess there was DLC too.

It being a late 2015 release would make this E3 way better.

That is disappointing. I guess it's reasonable since she was just put on the team last year I think it was. I'll only be disappointed in EA's conference if no ME4 or no battlefront match. Both of those seem surefire.

^MCC for PC so MODS can fix the game and then transfer those mods as patches to the x1.
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

All according to Keikaku.

Luke_Wal

Since everyone else is doing their own dream conferences.

Sony conference:

Room is pitch black, save for the dim glowing Apple logo on the back of every goddamn laptop in the building.

The speakers hum to life. Rock music blasts through them as lasers of every color fire from every corner of the room. Mist fills the aisles and surrounds the anxious audience.

Jack Tretton rises thru the stage to the strains of "Rock You Like a Hurricane." His hair is slicked back, he's sporting a black trench coat, shades, and attitude. He waves his hands to silence the crowd, then speaks: "I know y'all thought I left, but I'm back to take care of some unfinished business!" Floor-to-ceiling screens surrounding Jack suddenly light up. "And I brought an old friend back with me!" Crash Bandicoot fills the screens as the crowd cheers. Janitors come out to mop up the drool as the room goes black once again.

Andrew House takes the stage as some soft instrumental music plays. He appears nervous as he walks, his path illuminated by the single spotlight that surrounds him. The music dies down. "Last year, we announced an unprecedented partnership with our friends at Capcom to bring everyone's favourite (he even speaks that extra British U) fighting game Street Fighter V to PS4 as a console exclusive. Well, it turns out we caught the attention of some other fighting game creators who want to jump on board with us. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce..." Pause for effect. "...Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat!" Holy shit! Images of various characters flash across the screens, with Blanka leaping on Reptile and performing an X-ray move, sinking his teeth into Reptile's face while simultaneously electrocuting him. Scorpion spears Chun-Li--"Get over here!" Room goes black for a moment, then "Finish Him!" The screens fill with an image of a blood-soaked Baraka standing with his fist resting under Ryu's chin as Ryu weeps like the bitch he is. A split second later, Baraka's blade has penetrated Ryu's skull and is coated in brain matter and pink blood. Yes, Ryu bleeds pink because fuck him.

The roar of the crowd is ridiculous at this point, and the room goes black yet again.

When the stage lights come back on, silly ol' Shuhei Yoshida is standing on stage with his trademark goofy grin. He gives a small bow and waves to the cheering audience. When things quiet down enough, he speaks: "I know we've given people a lot of surprises today, but how about one more?" The crowd cheers. Several people in the front few rows are actively orgasming. Shu continues, "How many people here have always secretly wished a Gears of War game would appear on a Sony platform?" Whaaaaaat the fuuuuuuck? The crowd goes crazy! "Let's see a show of hands!" Shu yells. About two dozen hands shoot up as the cheering continues. Shuhei whispers into his wrist, then walks off the stage. Suddenly, a giant laser from space shoots through the roof of the building and leaves behind a bubbling black goo in each spot where there had once been a person standing with arms up.

The crowd is confused and nervous. There are somewhat fewer orgasms happening right now as the room again goes dark. A voice booms over the speakers, "We don't have room for any fucking traitors on this train," says a familiar voice. Members of the audience look at each other in disbelief. Could it be? The lights come back on...it is! It's President Obama, standing in center stage, with Cher and Kid Rock on their knees in front of him, giving him sloppy mouth sex. "So I hear you guys want a big surprise to close out THIS FUCKING SHOW!" He didn't mean to shout that last part, but Kid Rock slid a finger into his ass and it startled him. "How's this for a surprise?" The screens go red. The camera slowly pans out. The red is joined by some white. Then some peach. Then some...HOLY SHIT! It's Mario! He's running around doing Mario-type shit in a fully 3D world, talking to characters like Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, and Sly Cooper! The title pops up: Super Mario PlayStation Edition. Because they spent too much money buying Nintendo to pay for a decent name. "Fuck yeah!" says Obama. "I don't know about you but to me, that's one hell of a way to CLOSE OUT AN E3!" Another finger in the ass.

The crowd goes absolutely bonkers. Chairs are ripped from their moorings. Blood rains down from the walls. Several children are conceived. A blind man is suddenly able to see again. Pandemonium.

And somewhere, thousands of miles away, a grinning Mark Cerny shuts off his computer monitor and turns toward the guest who had been watching the event with him at Cerny's office. "That was one hell of a show," Mark says. "But that's nothing compared to what we've got in store for them next year. Right, Bill fucking Gates?"

This is nothing short of fantastic.

Turkoop

Banned
Just imagine, only for a second
Fallout 4, coming this Holiday ! No exclusive Content for any platform, 1080p & locked 30 FPS on all consoles, free dlc's, no fucking shit

I hope we get word of the next major PS4 firmware update at E3. They announced the 2.0 firmware at last year's E3 and that came out in October. The last major firmware update was 2.5 and came out in March. So, assuming the next major firmware is 3.0, E3 would be a good place to announce it, right?

delSai

I hope we get word of the next major PS4 firmware update at E3. They announced the 2.0 firmware at last year's E3. The last major firmware update was 2.5 and came out in March. So, assuming the next major firmware is 3.0, E3 would be a good place to announce it, right?

That would be nice. Last E3 they talked about the Youtube Uploading stuff, so i think there's a good chance Firmware talk will happen. ID Change hype!!

Here's a thing i want from EA: A new Fight Night.

Kyoufu

I hope we get word of the next major PS4 firmware update at E3. They announced the 2.0 firmware at last year's E3 and that came out in October. The last major firmware update was 2.5 and came out in March. So, assuming the next major firmware is 3.0, E3 would be a good place to announce it, right?

2.0 was announced at Gamescom.

FelipeMGM

So with Fallout out of the way .... will the megaton of the bethesda conference be a new Elders Scrolls ?

Fallout 4 IS the Megaton, We probably get a proper gameplay demonstration with some story info a a release date. No Elder Scrolls talk (besides ES Online) for at least 1 to 2 years IMO

Oh, I could've sworn Shawn Layden announced the YouTube uploading part of the firmware at E3. Maybe the firmware itself wasn't officially announced, just that YouTube was coming in a future update that fall.

The YouTube announcement was in E3. Firmware 2.5 was something else entirely.

Here is my official Sony speculation list.

CURRENT GAMES

• Uncharted 4 - Trailer ( could easily be another stage demo though )
  • No Mans Sky - Stage Demo / Trailer / Playable
  • WiLD - New Trailer / Ancel Presentation
  • Rime - Stage Demo / Trailer
  • Metal Gear Solid 5 - Stage Demo / Trailer
  • The Witness - Trailer
  • Star Wars: Battlefront - Stage Demo / Trailer
  • Kings Quest - Trailer
  • Final Fantasy XV - Trailer
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 - Trailer
  • Street Fighter V - Trailer
  • Persona 5 - Trailer
  • Star Ocean 5 - Trailer
  • Dragon Quest Heroes - US Trailer

POTENTIAL UNVEILS
  • Sega/Sony collaboration project
  • Level 5 JRPG unveil
  • Guerilla Games new IP
  • Media Molecule new IP
  • Polyphony project unveil
  • Sucker Punch project unveil
  • " Build the List " project unveil ( Full Throttle I hope )
  • Red Dead 3

INDIE SHOWCASE

• Everybody's Gone to Rapture
  • Volume
  • ABZU
  • Wattam
  • Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Broforce
  • Galak-Z
  • Assault Android Cactus
  • Many, many others potentially could be here.

SPECIAL SURPRISES

• The Last Guardian revealed .. again. Holiday 2015 announcement
  • Morpheus pricing and release date announcement
  • Rockstar exclusive project announcement ( think tennis game level stuff here I'd say )
  • Exclusive Square Enix new IP JRPG project
  • Dissidia PS4 announcement / new trailer
  • Sony first party JRPG project unveil
  • $299 price drop announcement. Soon after E3.

Okay cool notes today

Twisted Pixel working on "AAA" game

http://steverulez.com/?p=15808

Their team is really small so interesting.....

Toylogic (Happy Wars) is hiring for AAA RPG and next-gen multiplay action game. Also, they have a new game to be revealed at E3 MS booth

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/605775575827947520
http://www.toylogic.com/index.html

Edit- Shocked I didn't see a thread on Toylogic, I mean a JP developer making AAA RPG. Gaf be slipping

Thanks for the link to my site, much appreciated :) I was wondering why my stats were booming, hah

I am incredibly curious to see what Twisted Pixel are up to, its been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom